The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, gang, this is it! We leave early tomorrow morning, so I'll be gone for a week. Don't have too much fun without me, ok? I'll bring back reports from DL so you'll have that to look forward to.

I think I'm actually ready. DH is packing the car as we speak, so all we have to do in the morning, is load up the kids and head out. We're stopping in Vegas tomorrow night, so that should be an experience. The kids have never been there. It should be interesting!

See ya in a week!!! Have great dinners while I'm gone!!!

Have a great time I haven't been to DL since high school, last year, that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

Let me know if they changed the recipe for the funnel cakes. I heard disney has a new vendor. I don't want any surprises when we go to WDW in October.

What page is the recipe on? I can't find it.

Here I found it for you I'm going to make it for tomorrow's dinner It sounds nice and easy.

Oh, my gosh! This is so simple, and so yummy!

Pizza Meatloaf Muffins

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 C. pizza sauce
1/4 C. bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Mozzarella cheese

Beat the egg in a bowl. Add the pizza sauce, bread crums and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Crumble the beef over sauce and mix well. I always use my hands. Divide into 12 greased muffin cups and press along the bottom and up the sides, leaving a depression in the middle. Fill the depression with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.

Serve with warmed pizza sauce.

First day of hurricane season and there's a storm out there already, not a good sign. Looks like I'll have to drink my way through hurricane season, starting now!!:laughing:

Glynis--Have a wonderful trip!

Kathy--Have a drink for me! I think a Pat O's Hurricane is in order!;)

First day of hurricane season and there's a storm out there already, not a good sign. Looks like I'll have to drink my way through hurricane season, starting now!!:laughing:

Yep, first day and Tropical Storm Barry is expected to soak South Florida. It has been raining all day with heavy rain expected tonight and tomorrow. We really do need the rain, though.

Our local news just announced that our county in NC is the number one hit prediction for the east coast. So nice to be the top of some list. :rolleyes: I'm off to open the merlot...:scared:

Dinner is tossed salad, steamed asparagus and baked potatoes with chili and fixings over it. Vanilla ice cream and strawberries for dessert. And more merlot!:laughing:

Sandy those sound great!:thumbsup2 I've torn through the cabinets, but I still can't find that darn bamboo mat! Where did you end finding it? I'd love to see your pics, hope you can get it working.
I ended up getting my mat at an Asian market. I should have gotten two so DS and I wouldn't have to take turns using it. I'm still working on posting that sushi picture. :confused3
100_1008.jpg

Can anyone see a picture if they click on the link above? I don't know why I can't get it to work. Help

:hug: :drinking1

Yep, first day and Tropical Storm Barry is expected to soak South Florida. It has been raining all day with heavy rain expected tonight and tomorrow. We really do need the rain, though.
It started raining here in Martin County about noon and has been drizzling ever since. At least we won't have to use our sprinklers now. :rolleyes: Looks like the west coast is going to get some wind too.

Our local news just announced that our county in NC is the number one hit prediction for the east coast. So nice to be the top of some list. :rolleyes: I'm off to open the merlot...:scared:

Dinner is tossed salad, steamed asparagus and baked potatoes with chili and fixings over it. Vanilla ice cream and strawberries for dessert. And more merlot!:laughing:

Our weather man just called TS Barry a "wimp", so I think you'll be OK, but just in case keep the Merlot flowing!:thumbsup2

WFD? I never made it to the store because I didn't want to go out in the rain, so DH is picking up wings (and a grilled mahi sandwich for me) from Hurricane Grill and pizza from our favorite pizza place.

WFD? I never made it to the store because I didn't want to go out in the rain, so DH is picking up wings (and a grilled mahi sandwich for me) from Hurricane Grill and pizza from our favorite pizza place.

:rotfl: Sounds great - grilled mahi - YUM!!:love:

Looks like we might be getting some ruff weather tonight. It is still out aways west of me but they are predicting 60-70 mph winds looks like my reisling, DS (who is to young to drink, more for me) will be spending a fun evening in the basement. :eek:

I'm making spaghetti w/meatballs, garlic bread for my almost not a 6th grader anymore.

I'm so sad he will be a middle schooler next yr. They don't call it Jr high any more it wrecks their psyche.:rotfl:. Maybe that's why I'm warped.;)

Looks like we might be getting some ruff weather tonight. It is still out aways west of me but they are predicting 60-70 mph winds looks like my reisling, DS (who is to young to drink, more for me) will be spending a fun evening in the basement. :eek:

I'm making spaghetti w/meatballs, garlic bread for my almost not a 6th grader anymore.

I'm so sad he will be a middle schooler next yr. They don't call it Jr high any more it wrecks their psyche.:rotfl:. Maybe that's why I'm warped.;)

Stay safe!!

DD8 and DS are both out tonight, DH is working late and said to eat without him, so it is just DD9 and me. I fixed her some chicken nuggets and I have settled into a wonderful dinner of my one of my favorites......boiled peanuts and cold beer. My Daddy called me today to say he had just made a batch and had a ziplock bag in his fridge with my name on it. :cloud9:

He asked me if my DH liked them and I said "who cares?" He may never know I had them. ;)

The storm has already passed. Dumped quite a bit of rain but we must have missed the extreme wind, yeah:cool1: .

OKWMom I've never had boiled peanuts. Do they taste much different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter