The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Thoughts from our OOB;

Got to meet plenty of characters at Oogie Boogie, no long waits at all apart from

Sanderson Sisters. We got to the area around 430pm, plenty of people hanging around but no line yet. I had gone to check out Buena Vista St came back just after 5pm and huge line had formed, CMs were yelling at people to stop and this wasn’t the line. I think this pretty much forced them to open the official line. Thankfully we managed to be pretty close to the front of the official line, and the Sisters came out at 6pm and we met them at 6:06pm. I don’t know if all this waiting was necessary as we didn’t check back on the area. But we were waiting in the shade, sat on the ground and had a beer, so it wasn’t too bad.

Also at Oogie Boogie we met Blue Fairy, Merlin, Ping and Meg at the top of Buena Vista. Hercules wasn’t out that night. I saw on the event map, it had a character marker at the very front of the park but I didn’t notice it til later into the event, so not sure who was meeting at the very front.
Kingdom of the Hearts had surprisingly small lines, we met Donald first, maybe only a 10 minutes wait, just after the first parade, then after we had done a lap around Pixar Pier, meeting Carl from Up aswell, who was a surprise for us. Mickey and Goofy from KH were out, sadly when I was only about three groups from the front, Goofy headed in, so I only got Mickey. But I was surprised I was able to meet any of the KH characters.
Bruno’s line was only about a 10-15min wait too if that.

The treat trails lines move surprisingly fast, they only give you 1-3 treats at each station but there’s 4-5 stations on each trail. Plus the characters are pretty good posing for a photo or selfie.
I was surprised at how many characters we were able to meet at the event, I went to Sweethearts nite earlier this year and had a terrible time, hardly met any characters and waited in really long lines. That wasn’t the case at OOB, I don’t know if people’s first priorities at the event aren’t characters or what. We didn’t ride any rides but probably could have, we left about 10mins before 11 so definitely could have hopped on a ride then but were tired. We also took little rest breaks too, so these could have been rides. But it was nice to actually have an abundance of seating as during regular hours it’s constantly a struggle to find seating.

Villains Grove, as everyone says hit it after the 2nd Parade. We watched the parade from the Streets of San Francisco and were able to walk right into the Grove, no wait, straight after the parade, once we got out, the lines were huge again. The Grove was cool, but would be waay better if they added some characters or something.

The photopass photos from the OOB came out good, my ones from Sweethearts nite came out terrible, hard flash, whited out, not good at all and back then they wouldn’t let you use your own device.

Our Oogie Boogie Bash Trip Report:
We are locals, but this is the first time we’ve ever done OBB. We’ve been to MNSSHP at WDW, but that was back in 2015. We decided to stay overnight at Hotel Indigo, because we were meeting friends at Disneyland on Friday.

We arrived about 5pm and fed the kids. It was way too crowded to ride anything because you had day ticket guests mixed in with party guests. We lined up for the Oogie Boogie treat trail, because my 6 year old is completely obsessed. Well, he wasn’t there at opening, but I knew we’d have time to come back. Next we did the Cruella and Madam Mim trails…. Not impressed, neither interacted with any member of our family. My daughter really wanted to talk to Madam Mim, and she stood directly in front of her with no one else around, and was completely ignored. Then we walked onto Guardians and oh my Monsters after Dark was awesome. My kids loved it…. I really feel like the drops are more frequent and larger than on regular Guardians. Next we did the Avengers trail, the Cars trail, and grabbed a spot for the parade.

We sat right in front of Jump in Jellyfish across from the churro stand by Goofy’s Sky School. It was a fantastic spot. The parade was fantastic…. And I loved not having to get there two hours in advance to get a curbside seat. The headless horseman was awesome! Mickey and Minnie open the parade, and Mickey came over and hugged my youngest, kissed her hands, and was so sweet and interactive with her. It made her day, and she felt so special. We felt that all of the characters during the parade were interactive… Sally is a fave and fortunately we were on her side, and she gave us a special wave and a smile. We had a blast interacting with one of the hitchhiking ghosts and the killer bride from HM. The HM dancers and float were the highlight of the parade for us.

After the parade we did the TS trail and my husband and older daughter rode Incredicoaster while the shorty and I did TSMM. Then we did the Gothel treat trail, which was great because my youngest was dressed as Rapunzel. They had a fantastic conversation. Maleficent was awesome… she was my must do and when I told her I loved her, she said “I just love that. Have your horns started to grow in yet?” When I said no, she told me to keep doing mischievous things. Definitely the highlight of the party for me. After Maleficent we met the Blue Fairy, who may be the most beautiful character I’ve ever met. She was beautiful and lovely with my girls. Then we headed over to Oogie Boogie and he did NOT disappoint. He singled out my youngest who was standing in front of him and spoke with her. He asked her what she was, and when she replied “Rapunzel”, he said “HOW REVOLTING. I LOVE IT.” And then did his signature laughed and posed for a photo with her. The look of sheer joy on her face made all the darn money we spent on the tickets worth it. 😂

We did Villains Grove at the end, and it was fine. I could’ve skipped it. We finished off by posing for photos at the various prop spots on Buena Vista and we hit every single treat stop. I could’ve watched the parade again, but my husband and my youngest were done, and we knew we had a big day at Disneyland the next day. Oh- we went and just looked at the Sanderson Sisters up at the rope. Daisy wasn’t there, just Clarabelle and Minnie. Minnie waved to my girls and even posed for a photo with them from afar, which was really nice of her.

Overall it was a positive night…. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again…. It’s the character interactions that keep us coming back. We have had some really special interactions since we moved back here in the spring, and the OBB was no exception. We’ll probably go back next year, but I may leave my husband at home. 😂 I do think it’s a lot of money for what you get, and I think they need to add in a special World of Color, but I think they’re struggling with staffing issues, so we’ll give them a break this year and call it a positive experience!

For everyone who want with young kids - did you take a stroller with you? We have a four year old and we are heading there tomorrow!! 😍

For everyone who want with young kids - did you take a stroller with you? We have a four year old and we are heading there tomorrow!! 😍
We went with our 5 yr old (”5 3/4 Dad!”). We didn’t take the stroller one year, and it was a long walk back to the hotel at the end of the day. It’s not absolutely necessary, since DCA is relatively small, and there’s enough to do that you’re mostly walking short distances between treat trail and rides and stuff. But my DD likes to “shop ‘til she drops” at the treat trails, so this way she could go late into the night and then nap on the way out of the park, leaving more time for mom and dad to shop.

Bring some kind of light, so you can more easily find you stroller if it gets moved when parked. We have a flashing light up ice cube that we throw into the mesh handle storage bag on ours.

We took ours. Idk it almost seemed more trouble then it was worth especially in the treat trails. Glad we had it though. I really wish they’d have stroller parking for the treat trails. Would have made life a little easier.

We took ours. Idk it almost seemed more trouble then it was worth especially in the treat trails. Glad we had it though. I really wish they’d have stroller parking for the treat trails. Would have made life a little easier.
Our DD just sat in her stroller and held the bag open for most of the trails! Chauffeured trick or treating!:rotfl2:

Our DD just sat in her stroller and held the bag open for most of the trails! Chauffeured trick or treating!:rotfl2:
We tried that but my son wasn’t having it and wanted to walk to get his treats so then one of us was stuck pushing an empty stroller through the trail. Of course my son always has to be difficult though but what toddler isn’t lol.

If you're not staying a hotel within walking distance, is it better to Uber to Downtown Disney or the Harbor entrance to attend the party? I thought the DD security might have shorter lines, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

If you're not staying a hotel within walking distance, is it better to Uber to Downtown Disney or the Harbor entrance to attend the party? I thought the DD security might have shorter lines, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
There's a security entrance for those walking from Pixar Pals parking structure to DD, it's in between Star Wars Traders and the vacant former ESPN store that they use for various events. There's virtually no lines here as it's mainly for CMs/DD store employees and those walking from Pixar Pals. It's nice walk but it's a walk that no one likes to do lol, so the lines are short. I saw on Google Maps there is a drop off for DD guests, shown in the map below, it's not far from that security check.
Uber_DropOff_For_Min_Sec_Lines.JPG

Once you're in DD, the monorail is just around the corner too.

Has anyone else had trouble linking your photopass wristband to your account? I can't get it to scan or accept the number. Sent a help request to Disney 5 days ago and I've heard nothing.

Has anyone else had trouble linking your photopass wristband to your account? I can't get it to scan or accept the number. Sent a help request to Disney 5 days ago and I've heard nothing.

I had to enter mine manually through the website. Couldn't get it to accept it through the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter