The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Thanks for all the tips and trip reports everyone! We are sailing on the Disney Wonder they day after OBB. Does anyone know if we can take the candy on the ship since it is prepackaged?
Haven’t sailed on DCL, but I can’t imagine any cruise line forbidding passengers from bringing treats onboard. Lots of families bring specific snacks for their kids, and for family members with special dietary needs.

Was anyone at last night's party? I heard the second parade didn't run. Watching the app last week and seeing how often RSR and Web were down during the parties (and during the day) was concerning.

Was anyone at last night's party? I heard the second parade didn't run. Watching the app last week and seeing how often RSR and Web were down during the parties (and during the day) was concerning.
It did not run. And yes radiator springs kept going down. We did not have an amazing time last night. I’ll post a review and some thoughts later today. I still need to wake up lol.

Headless Horseman came out at about 10:05 in front of Little Mermaid, and then about 10:20 they announced the parade was being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Heard later they actually started the parade with music and the first float but called them back. Really disappointing especially considered the Halloween parade in DisneyWorld last month was cancelled on us as well. But other than that we had a great time. Met Sanderson Sisters, Bruno, Remy, Blue Fairy, Ping, Mr. Knight, Black Widow and Capt America, Thor and Loki, and did all the character treat trails and Villains Grove by 9:30. After the cancelled parade, finished the night off with Headless Horseman photo, Monsters after Dark and RSR. Overall, we all enjoyed Oogie Boogie Bash more than Mickey’s Not So Scary.

We were there last night and watched the first parade, thankfully. IC, RSR and Web were all down for a significant amount of the party. I think IC came back up at about 9:30? 9? So other rides were pretty crazy lines.

We hopped back to DL for a last ride on HMH before we left (we had a LL from the afternoon but it was down for a while and we had to leave for the party at 6pm). Both Fantasmic shows were also cancelled last night for “unforseen circumstances”. What the heck?

We were there last night and watched the first parade, thankfully. IC, RSR and Web were all down for a significant amount of the party. I think IC came back up at about 9:30? 9? So other rides were pretty crazy lines.

We hopped back to DL for a last ride on HMH before we left (we had a LL from the afternoon but it was down for a while and we had to leave for the party at 6pm). Both Fantasmic shows were also cancelled last night for “unforseen circumstances”. What the heck?
Ya we were there last night too and were super disappointed. Broke my heart to see my son so sad about the parade. It just wasn’t what I expected at all last night.

The Mickey show for OBB last night was also canceled.

Thanks for all the tips and trip reports everyone! We are sailing on the Disney Wonder they day after OBB. Does anyone know if we can take the candy on the ship since it is prepackaged?
You sure can. We have sailed DCL 5x and have taken candy on every sailing. We have done 2 of the sailings as Halloween on the High Seas and on both sailings, many cabins had small treat buckets out for the kiddos. We also routinely do a lollipop holder on our outside door, and we have seen multiple guests who bring candy to randomly pass out to other passengers as pixie dust. (I'm not saying you have to give your candy away, just rest assured you can bring it onboard as long as it is pre-packaged and not opened.) Also, have an amazing time. I love the parks but my heart really belongs to DCL!

You sure can. We have sailed DCL 5x and have taken candy on every sailing. We have done 2 of the sailings as Halloween on the High Seas and on both sailings, many cabins had small treat buckets out for the kiddos. We also routinely do a lollipop holder on our outside door, and we have seen multiple guests who bring candy to randomly pass out to other passengers as pixie dust. (I'm not saying you have to give your candy away, just rest assured you can bring it onboard as long as it is pre-packaged and not opened.) Also, have an amazing time. I love the parks but my heart really belongs to DCL!
Thank you!!! DCL is my fave too, but I know they can be strict with what you bring onboard. I’m an Orlando local so I’m not used to this going straight from the parks to the ship thing!! The extent of logistics planning is usually, “ok, what time should we leave home?”

Does anyone have advice for the best time to visit Villains' Grove with the shortest wait time? It is a priority for my kids, but they won't be able to stay up very late at night (when I imagine the line is shortest). Thanks!

Does anyone have advice for the best time to visit Villains' Grove with the shortest wait time? It is a priority for my kids, but they won't be able to stay up very late at night (when I imagine the line is shortest). Thanks!

Sunday night we visited about 9:20 and the line was only 10 minutes.

On Sunday night we visited around 7, I think shortly after it opened. It was maybe a 10 minute wait. We joined the line just a little way past the GCH entrance. It moved very quickly.

Hoping someone has experience and can help. We weren't able to get OBB tickets. We have a dining reservation at Carthay Circle Lounge on a party night. Reservation is at 5:50 and I know the party starts at 6. Are we going to be able to stay and enjoy our meal or will we be rushed through or flat out told we can't stay since we don't have party tickets? I know after dinner we would need to leave the park but we don't want to feel like we're being rushed. Thinking of trying to switch the reservation either earlier or to DL but I haven't been able to secure anything yet. Any advise would be great!

Hoping someone has experience and can help. We weren't able to get OBB tickets. We have a dining reservation at Carthay Circle Lounge on a party night. Reservation is at 5:50 and I know the party starts at 6. Are we going to be able to stay and enjoy our meal or will we be rushed through or flat out told we can't stay since we don't have party tickets? I know after dinner we would need to leave the park but we don't want to feel like we're being rushed. Thinking of trying to switch the reservation either earlier or to DL but I haven't been able to secure anything yet. Any advise would be great!
We received an email from a CCL manager asking to rearrange our reservation to an earlier time. The CM moved us up from 6 PM to 5:10 PM. This also happened on a different OBB night with our MKT reservation.
Last week, we saw a few parties on the CCL patio as OBB was starting. They were allowed to finish, then exited the park.

For anyone wondering about getting last minute OBB tickets...

We were able to get party tickets yesterday morning for that nights party as onsite hotel guests. We were staying at the Paradise Pier and I walked over to the lobby at the Grand a few minutes after 5 a.m. (based on reports I was seeing here and else where). There was a small line of about 5 people already waiting and we were all told they would not know availability until 6 a.m.

By 6 another 15 or so people had joined the line. At 6:06 the desk told us that they had tickets, but their printer was not working. They said we would all need to go over to the Disneyland Hotel front desk to get tickets. I was hoping we might all troop over there in an orderly line, but one person started running and then it was like an episode of the Amazing Race.

I was the fourth person to arrive (very out of breath from power walking) to DLH and was reassured there were plenty of tickets. I got the three we needed no problem.

I'm guessing I didn't not really need to get up that early. Other people we talked to got same day tickets at the ticket booths at 8 a.m. Although the GCH people said it varies by day.

Other online reports I've heard said onsite guest could only get them at GCH but seems like it is worth asking at PP and DLH too. The front desk at Paradise Pier later that day told me that they can give them out, but their printer is currently broken.

It was our first time at the party and we had fun! I especially enjoyed interacting with Agatha Harkness on her treat trail, the parade, and Villains Grove (although my kid thought it was boring). He was most excited by our Kingdom Hearts meet and greet and the fact that we caught both Mickey and Donald as they were switching out.

1665634133430.png

Hmmmm...that makes me nervous. We are staying at DLH the night/day I am hoping to get the party tickets for and not moving over to the GC until a couple of days later. I'm worried that I will be down at the DLH front desk at 5 am and then at 6 they will tell me that they don't have any and that I have to go over to the GC and will miss my chance because there will be a lot of people now in front of me. Do all the hotels share the same availability or do some have tickets and some don't? Am I safer walking over to the Grand instead of waiting at DLH?

Hmmmm...that makes me nervous. We are staying at DLH the night/day I am hoping to get the party tickets for and not moving over to the GC until a couple of days later. I'm worried that I will be down at the DLH front desk at 5 am and then at 6 they will tell me that they don't have any and that I have to go over to the GC and will miss my chance because there will be a lot of people now in front of me. Do all the hotels share the same availability or do some have tickets and some don't? Am I safer walking over to the Grand instead of waiting at DLH?
I believe they all share the same availability. You could always check with the DLH desk on your way down and then head over to GCH if need be. It is hard to predict which hotel's printers will be working, but it seems like they have had plenty of tickets day of lately. I've heard several first hand reports now of people getting them at the box office as well.

Thank you Disboards! We had a fantastic OBB night! I'll share our night for those going to the party these last couple weeks in October.

We arrive to the GCH entrance around 240 and there was already a sizable line, but we were through security, ticket scan, and wrist band by 3:10ish. We wanted to go straight and do animation academy, but we got there and the show was full for 3:30. We did some shopping instead. My hubby ended up running a purchase we made back to DLH. When re came back we went and took some pictures in our costumes. Earlier in the day I had placed a mobile order for pacific warf. We picked it up around 5. We ate and then we went to the theater for mickeys trick or treat. We arrived about 5:35 and a line had already formed so we jumped in. I don't hear a lot of folks prioritize this show, but it was the most fun! I do have a 6 year old, but my 10 year old likes it too! It includes Mickey, Minnie, mummy goofy, and Donald! It's super cute, fun, they get candy, and bubbles fall from the roof! Honestly it was a highlight for us. We were out of there by 6:20ish and then we just hit treat trails starting with Oogie boogie, then madam mim, then cruella. It was around 7 by then. We headed toward where the parade starts, by emotional whirlwind and the big Pixar pier doors. Hubby saved us a good spot and I took the kids to the Sid treat trail. I put in a mobile order for water and a pretzel and we grabbed it and then waited for the parade. We watched the 745pm parade. Next we did some rides. Hubby went to incredicoaster and I rode goofy's, swings, and jelly fish with the kiddos. All were walk-on. Dad returned and I was going to go ride incredicoaster, but realized it was getting close to 9. Grizzly closes at 9pm on party nights and it was the one thing my son wanted to do again as we won't be back in DCA. So I took him and off we went. While we were gone, hubby took my daughter through the Dr. Facilier treat trail. We were on and off grizzly in 5 minutes. I noticed the Bruno line wasn't long, so we jumped in. We then did Villains grove, which is AMAZING. It was at this point that my kids were spent. Hubby took them back to DLH ( yes I have the best hubby who knows my Disney love and would never ask me to cut out of a party early). I then ordered a pumpkin spice horchata .. and rode incredicoaster and racers. I stopped to Ernesto (so cool) and the Sanderson sisters. The sander sister's photo line had closed, but after the last group they let them come up the to rope for selfies and stuff. I ended the night in guardians!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter