The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Were you able to roam the whole park after 11, or were they pushing you toward the exit? Did you happen to notice if the shops were still open?
Sorry for the lack of reply.

Yes. You are able to roam freely after 11 with no one pushing you to the exit. The shops on Buena Vista were open, not sure about the smaller ones throughout the park

We went to the party on 9/29. DH & I were dressed as Hercules & Meg and DS14 was Hades from The Descendents. I wanted to do a quick report on our night.

We entered DCA shortly after 3pm, took pictures at the Headless Horseman and by the waterfall, then checked in for our reservation at Magic Key Terrace. I wanted to make sure we ate before the party so we wouldn't "waste" time eating during it. The service was pretty slow and the food was only ok. It was a one and done for us.

Our first priority was to meet Hercules, so we went over by the fountain and waited to see if he was coming out first or if Ping was. No one was out at the beginning of the party, so we decided to do Maleficent's treat trail and walk back through the center. We found out Hercules wouldn't be meeting that night, which was disappointing, but things happen.

We then did Oogie Boogie, Cruella (she took a break right when we got close to the stage), Madam Mim, Agatha, Ernesto, Maleficent again and Villains Grove. We went through Mother Goethel's trail, but she was on break. By this time, it was about 15 minutes before the first parade, and DS wanted to see the Kingdom Hearts characters. The line was longer than he wanted to wait, but we found a perfect spot to watch the parade, right across from Ariel's ride. After the parade, Dr. Facilier was sitting in his spot, but the treat trail hadn't reopened yet. DS had the BEST interaction with him! Hardly anyone was around and they chatted like old friends. My teen was having the best time and that thrilled this mama. We went through the Magic Key trail, where we got full size almond snickers. Then went over to Sid and had a great interaction there too. DS decided he wants to be him next Halloween. Lol. Went back over to Mother Goethel and she was there this time.

The only ride we did during the party was Monsters After Dark, waited about 15 minutes. Could've ridden more, but we focused mostly on the treat trails. I think the longest lines we waited in all night were for Oogie and Villains Grove, which were maybe 15-20 minutes. We ended up leaving around 10:15 because we had done everything we wanted to do and were tired and sore. We really enjoy the party atmosphere, it's so fun to see all the costumes and interactions.

We went to the party on 9/29. DH & I were dressed as Hercules & Meg and DS14 was Hades from The Descendents. I wanted to do a quick report on our night.

We entered DCA shortly after 3pm, took pictures at the Headless Horseman and by the waterfall, then checked in for our reservation at Magic Key Terrace. I wanted to make sure we ate before the party so we wouldn't "waste" time eating during it. The service was pretty slow and the food was only ok. It was a one and done for us.

Our first priority was to meet Hercules, so we went over by the fountain and waited to see if he was coming out first or if Ping was. No one was out at the beginning of the party, so we decided to do Maleficent's treat trail and walk back through the center. We found out Hercules wouldn't be meeting that night, which was disappointing, but things happen.

We then did Oogie Boogie, Cruella (she took a break right when we got close to the stage), Madam Mim, Agatha, Ernesto, Maleficent again and Villains Grove. We went through Mother Goethel's trail, but she was on break. By this time, it was about 15 minutes before the first parade, and DS wanted to see the Kingdom Hearts characters. The line was longer than he wanted to wait, but we found a perfect spot to watch the parade, right across from Ariel's ride. After the parade, Dr. Facilier was sitting in his spot, but the treat trail hadn't reopened yet. DS had the BEST interaction with him! Hardly anyone was around and they chatted like old friends. My teen was having the best time and that thrilled this mama. We went through the Magic Key trail, where we got full size almond snickers. Then went over to Sid and had a great interaction there too. DS decided he wants to be him next Halloween. Lol. Went back over to Mother Goethel and she was there this time.

The only ride we did during the party was Monsters After Dark, waited about 15 minutes. Could've ridden more, but we focused mostly on the treat trails. I think the longest lines we waited in all night were for Oogie and Villains Grove, which were maybe 15-20 minutes. We ended up leaving around 10:15 because we had done everything we wanted to do and were tired and sore. We really enjoy the party atmosphere, it's so fun to see all the costumes and interactions.
yay! Such Halloween Disney fun. Love it!

Does anyone know if we can enter for the party through the Disney California Adventure entrance? Sunday night the lines to get into the party were crazy long, and in full sun, so I'm hoping to find a more shaded way to enter.

Does anyone know if we can enter for the party through the Disney California Adventure entrance? Sunday night the lines to get into the party were crazy long, and in full sun, so I'm hoping to find a more shaded way to enter.
Do you know what time that was? We are going in a couple of weeks and wondering when we should get there. We want to go in at 3:00. Were there long lines at that time?

Do you know what time that was? We are going in a couple of weeks and wondering when we should get there. We want to go in at 3:00. Were there long lines at that time?
It was close to 4 and the lines still stretched too the half way point between DCA and DL.

Very long lines at the front gate just before 3 when we went on 9/18. We avoided by using our MK to enter and got wristbands inside the park.

Are you asking about the entrance to DCA from the Grand Californian? If so, yes, you can enter from there.

We will be heading there tomorrow and will be at OBB on Thursday night. Looking forward to the fun atmosphere. I think we have decided to skip the treat lines. Really don’t want the candy and snacks. We were able to grab a ressie at Carthay Circle lounge for a few cocktails and then dinner. We want to slow roll it, walk around and ride a few rides. Temps are looking good. 🙂

We will be heading there tomorrow and will be at OBB on Thursday night. Looking forward to the fun atmosphere. I think we have decided to skip the treat lines. Really don’t want the candy and snacks.
I'd encourage you to still visit the treat trails with characters as they are super fun. You don't have to take the treats and can just walk past or say no thanks at the spots where they hand stuff out.

We will be heading there tomorrow and will be at OBB on Thursday night. Looking forward to the fun atmosphere. I think we have decided to skip the treat lines. Really don’t want the candy and snacks. We were able to grab a ressie at Carthay Circle lounge for a few cocktails and then dinner. We want to slow roll it, walk around and ride a few rides. Temps are looking good. 🙂

We'll be there on Thursday also, and we will do as many treat trails as we can!! My DD is in theater, we thoroughly enjoy the character interactions, that's the real treat!
It's our first OBB, we're so excited!!!

Question for those who have done the OBB Dinner package at Wine Country Trattoria, do you have an option to do either FFP? I didn't see information in the dinner package nor the FFP description.

If you like characters, definitely go through the treat trails with characters. We did last year and we just said no thank you to the candy. The characters are so fun to watch. It was the highlight of OBB for us.
Just be advised that you are not allowed to walk directly to the character. If the treat trail goes up and down a street, you can't cross over and see the character *even if the entire line is empty*. You are required to walk every step of the trail and say no to candy every time.

Did oogie boogie on 10/02 stayed at Paradise Pier and the entrance to DCA had no line, so was able to go up and get our passes with no wait. Main priority was Kingdom Hearts and was planning to line up at 4:30pm, no one was there, pretty much I started the line at 5:45. Photographer showed up at 5:59 and moved the line and Mickey showed up at 6:01. Line didn't get long till Mickey came out. Was able to do all the treat trails, parade, and Mickey dance party. Only did guardians ride. At the end of the day had 3 backpacks full of candy and some of the trails gave out so much candy was able to fill the party bags with just one treat trail. Family had a great time.

Did oogie boogie on 10/02 stayed at Paradise Pier and the entrance to DCA had no line, so was able to go up and get our passes with no wait. Main priority was Kingdom Hearts and was planning to line up at 4:30pm, no one was there, pretty much I started the line at 5:45. Photographer showed up at 5:59 and moved the line and Mickey showed up at 6:01. Line didn't get long till Mickey came out. Was able to do all the treat trails, parade, and Mickey dance party. Only did guardians ride. At the end of the day had 3 backpacks full of candy and some of the trails gave out so much candy was able to fill the party bags with just one treat trail. Family had a great time.
We were there at the same time and also used the entrance by Corn Dog Castle with no wait after seeing the Grand Californian entrance backed up. We did every treat trail except Ernesto because we had trouble finding it and at the very end decided to ride Racers instead. Same on the candy. You can easily get tons just by hitting each treat trail once. We saw the second parade and skipped Villain’s Grove this year. We rode almost every ride in the park except Toy Story Mania. Didn’t do the dance party.

Thanks for all the tips and trip reports everyone! We are sailing on the Disney Wonder they day after OBB. Does anyone know if we can take the candy on the ship since it is prepackaged?

Just returned from the OBB tonight. Overall it was nice but for us it’s a one and done. We rode IC and TSMM. RSR was down the majority of the evening. Came back up late but we were already parked for the late parade. The weather was outstanding. Very fall like this evening. Nice and cool.

The best part of the afternoon/evening for us was cocktails and dinner at Carthay Circle to costume watch. Some really go all out for the evening. Loved seeing the kids enjoying themselves. Parade was just okay. It dragged out due to the breaks in the parade to allow people to cross the street. I like the music that WDW (Good To Be Bad and Boo To You) uses much better. Glad that we did it. It was fun but also glad to be back at our hotel and relaxing. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter