The Pro-Genie App discussion thread - speculate how the app could make your trip next trip great!

I don't think you will get Slink as from what is rumored it will be the one you have to pay extra for.

I'm not sure you will times for that late in the day at 9am. I have those feeling you won't be able to hold 3 reservations at one time for later in the day.

There is 2 ways this will most likely work. It's either going to be you can only have 1 at a time and can't get a 2nd one til you use the first.

Or it will be like Maxpass and you can get a 2nd one if your first one is more then 2 hours away. I don't think they will let you hold more then that. Keeping at 1 at a time it keeps availability high. People will very upset of they pay for Genie+ and by noon there is nothing left.

Ah finally cleared up. :rotfl2:

I'm kidding knowing the details aren't out makes it just guesses. :thumbsup2

If they are releasing an attraction as they did with paper FP, some will be gone by 8AM IMO.

And if they only release later times "occasionally" well that works for me as we will be able to select them later, like 3PM for a 7PM RNR or whatever. Then they will release some RNR for later like 8PM we maybe can select at 5PM etc.

The problem with that is it penalizes people who dont go early (which most dont)

Ghats actually why I don’t see them letting you book times in the future. I think, like MaxPass, you will have to book the next available time for the Genie+ selections. With the paid options, I think they will let you schedule times.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I am interpreting it as being only able to hold 1 at a time of the Genie+ ridges (can book if paying the $15.00 per day fee). You cannot book another one until the first is used.

If it works like MaxPass (which is being reported by all bloggers Ive read) then you can get a second Genie+ either after you check in for your first ride or 90-120 mins after you book a ride, whatever came first

OK so that's quite a difference, and as we know it will become clear eventually. :thumbsup2

Will be inetersting.

Ghats actually why I don’t see them letting you book times in the future. I think, like MaxPass, you will have to book the next available time for the Genie+ selections.

So I'm ok with either way, but curious how you would define this?

Isn't every selection you make literally "in the future"?

I mean at 7AM just say RNR starts clicking forward in time (which it obv will). Are you saying (if DHS opens at 8AM) they will "halt" available RNR at say 9AM? And then maybe restart RNR at 8AM for the 9AM to 10AM window etc.

So in that example every RNR reservation would be for a 1 Hour window from then?

So at say 3PM, RNR would offer 4PM to 5PM return, and at 7PM RNR would be avail from 8PM to 9PM.

If so, it seems like the "reservation window" for RNR would only last a few minutes at the top of each hour.

So I'm ok with either way, but curious how you would define this?

Isn't every selection you make literally "in the future"?

I mean at 7AM just say RNR starts clicking forward in time (which it obv will). Are you saying (if DHS opens at 8AM) they will "halt" available RNR at say 9AM? And then maybe restart RNR at 8AM for the 9AM to 10AM window etc.

So in that example every RNR reservation would be for a 1 Hour window from then?

So at say 3PM, RNR would offer 4PM to 5PM return, and at 7PM RNR would be avail from 8PM to 9PM.

If so, it seems like the "reservation window" for RNR would only last a few minutes at the top of each hour.

What I mean is that I don’t see them showing you multiple future times and allowing you to select one. If you want to use a selection on a certain ride, you will have to either take the next available time or wait.

What I mean is that I don’t see them showing you multiple future times and allowing you to select one. If you want to use a selection on a certain ride, you will have to either take the next available time or wait.
It defeats the purpose of allowing only 1 at a time. I don't think they want people being able to hold multiple rides at a time. Otherwise availability will be gone by noon.

It defeats the purpose of allowing only 1 at a time. I don't think they want people being able to hold multiple rides at a time. Otherwise availability will be gone by noon.

Will be interesting for sure.

I'm thinking different scenarios, and there's obv many.

Like if you really want M Falcon, that might be reserved completely by like 9AM.

So the decision could be grabbing it maybe 2nd for like 8PM, and then its standby the rest of the day.

Will be interesting for sure.

I'm thinking different scenarios, and there's obv many.

Like if you really want M Falcon, that might be reserved completely by like 9AM.

So the decision could be grabbing it maybe 2nd for like 8PM, and then its standby the rest of the day.

That's exactly they senario that the old FP system allowed for - if you ended up with something that late, they would eventually let you get something else while still holding the later one. I would be surprised if that is not the case.

That's exactly they senario that the old FP system allowed for - if you ended up with something that late, they would eventually let you get something else while still holding the later one. I would be surprised if that is not the case.

Yep we did that all the time. But if you indeed can only hold 1 as some are saying-you will be in SB all day if you selected an evening popular headliner that's going fast and you really want it.

Seems like the old school fastpasses (from 2010 when I first went), with two massive differences: 1-it's no longer free and 2-you don't have to go to the kiosks

I expect the price to raise significantly over the next several years. Allowing only one at a time might help with overcrowded lightening lanes, though, so we'll see.

Yep we did that all the time. But if you indeed can only hold 1 as some are saying-you will be in SB all day if you selected an evening popular headliner that's going fast and you really want it.

That is true, which is why I don't think it will be the case. Let's hope anyway.

Genie+ only spits out the next available, just like paper FP worked....

The problem with this system is the same problem they had with paper FP (low capacity and few rides so they sell out early)

for eg. in Epcot,

When Genie+ opens next month, Remy and TT will be paid FP (or whatever it's called) and NOT part of Genie+.........That leaves Soarin, Frozen and Spaceship earth as part of Genie+

everyone will book Test Track at 7am.....TT availability will "sellout" in short order like old paper Fast Passes used to so people make sure they get on it................

Once it's gone (or even just a late afternoon return time), they will move onto Soarin or Frozen and they will sell out

So once you are able to book your second ride, theres a good chance only thing left will be spaceship earth but that standby time is only 20 mins so why did you buy Genie+ to begin with?

Will never work

Which is why we won’t buy it for a place like Epcot and more likely, not park hop to the level we are used to doing,

We will buy for MK, and do that park morning and night…we resort it during the afternoon…instead of Epcot at night.

Or, if we do park hop, we will buy it for an HS and Epcot combined day. But we won’t get every day of the trip.

Agreed esp EPCOT. But what about MK/DHS.

If I end up with a 5PM Slink and maybe a 6PM or 7PM RNR or TOT or TSM or both/all later-I'm good with that.

If they allow this, to me we might get (AS AN EXAMPLE) and the day of the year obv.

7:10AM.....Slink 5PM (it will go quick IMO).

9:10AM......RNR 7PM (hers hoping on that one)

11:10AM...TSM or TOT 8:50PM (hers really hoping on that one). :worship:

The only ones you will be able to choose a time for are the ones that are IAS that are paid, like Remy and ROTR.

All the Genie + ones will be next available. With people only holding one at a time, I just don’t see everything being gone really early or late return times until way later in the day.

So, for something like TSM, I don’t think you will be able to secure a late time but will have to wait to get one when you see the time is that late if it is what you want,

I think there will be plenty of choices during the morning at all the parks, and the really popular ones that are not IAS may be giving return times in the PM by late morning early afternoon. But I dont see someone not being able to get plenty of use out of it at the parks.

I haven't given up hope that more will be announced about some G+ perks for resort guests. There was so much in the previous rumors about this, so I like to believe that we may see some free LL access for resort guests. Fingers crossed.

I haven't given up hope that more will be announced about some G+ perks for resort guests. There was so much in the previous rumors about this, so I like to believe that we may see some free LL access for resort guests. Fingers crossed.
I think at best resort guests get to pick their first LL at 7am while everyone else has to wait til the enter the park. I highly resort guests will get Genie+ for free.

I think at best resort guests get to pick their first LL at 7am while everyone else has to wait til the enter the park. I highly resort guests will get Genie+ for free.

Considering resorts can easily cost many hundreds a night, including Genie+ wouldn't be what I considered a huge perk- it's $60 a day for a family of four. Keep the perk, give me those discounts I use to get with my AP of 35-40% off and I'll be happy to pay my own Genie+ costs.

All the Genie + ones will be next available. With people only holding one at a time, I just don’t see everything being gone really early or late return times until way later in the day.

So, for something like TSM, I don’t think you will be able to secure a late time but will have to wait to get one when you see the time is that late if it is what you want,

Why not? It works like paper fastpass, which was also next available and one at a time, and those could be gone for the day in minutes for high demand rides. Remember the morning rush to TSMM and Soarin?

Why not? It works like paper fastpass, which was also next available and one at a time, and those could be gone for the day in minutes for high demand rides. Remember the morning rush to TSMM and Soarin?

Depends on how many people buy this. But in theory, yes. If all participants are similar to the past, you could wind up for an afternoon return time for Toy Story even if you get there for rope drop.

All theyve really done is take the paper fastpass, turn it digital, piece out the most popular rides and charge for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter