The Pro-Genie App discussion thread - speculate how the app could make your trip next trip great!

The only ones you will be able to choose a time for are the ones that are IAS that are paid, like Remy and ROTR.

Yep agreed, I was only discussing G+.

All the Genie + ones will be next available. With people only holding one at a time, I just don’t see everything being gone really early or late return times until way later in the day.

The times I presented above were as if we stared at our phone until those times popped up, not a "preselected/offered" return time.

AS you can see I suggested maybe at 7:10AM getting a 5PM Slink (change that to M Falcon if Slink is a purchase), then watching for the next one after an hour or 2 rule if applicable.

So, for something like TSM, I don’t think you will be able to secure a late time but will have to wait to get one when you see the time is that late if it is what you want,

How long? 7:30AM? 9AM? 2PM? What is your best guess?

TSM used to sell out in an hour maybe 2 hours at opening with FP Kiosks.

I think there will be plenty of choices during the morning at all the parks

Agreed, that's about the only "for sure "so far IMO.

and the really popular ones that are not IAS may be giving return times in the PM by late morning early afternoon. But I dont see someone not being able to get plenty of use out of it at the parks.

I'm good with that as well if it turns out that way.

All the Genie + ones will be next available. With people only holding one at a time,

Agreed, but do you know this is in fact the rule? Have you read that somewhere? It is the key IMO.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...of-your-burning-questions-about-disney-genie/
That should hopefully answer some questions. According to them you can only book another attraction after you use your first one. I don't think you will be able to hold more then 1.

Thank you. I think that leaves a window possibility, but if it is only one at a time-that is probably good news for later arriving guests. A key is it says they might limit how many you can select per day.

It seems unlikely in park guests would as a whole select even highly popular attractions for later in the day, meaning those indeed should be available to later arrivals. Unless I'm reading that thought process incorrectly.

Last edited:

Any guesses to when we might hear further “fastpass” information

My guess is they will roll it out and monitor (like all of us) the process with the current information only. But who knows.

I'm hoping we can monitor the process daily, even if we haven't purchased G+. But I'm not sure about that. If not we will have to depend on folks on the ground.

Why not? It works like paper fastpass, which was also next available and one at a time, and those could be gone for the day in minutes for high demand rides. Remember the morning rush to TSMM and Soarin?

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I meant you would have to keep trying until you saw that the return time was during the evening when you wanted it.

If you we’re hoping to get TSMM for say 5 pm, then you wouldn’t be able to choose that, but rather have to keep checking to secure it until the “next available” is within that time frame.

In terms of how fast those went, yes, I do remember. But, the ones that under the FP+ that went in minutes are now the ones that are IAS so I don’t think we will see the same level of passes disappearing any differently than with FP+ for most of the rides part of GP+.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...of-your-burning-questions-about-disney-genie/
That should hopefully answer some questions. According to them you can only book another attraction after you use your first one. I don't think you will be able to hold more then 1.

This could be amended at rollout...........MaxPass allowed you to book a second ride 90 mins after the first, even if you hadnt used your first one yet..........

So if they mirror MaxPass (which is exactly what Genie+), then you will be able to hold more than 1 at a time

I used to love the old fashioned paper FP’s back when dinosaurs ruled the earth! Put your ticket in get a ticket out simple! Then there was FP+ and that was a whole whack of different, planning, spread sheets, working out height restrictions, times, kid swaps and trying to plan eating around this ability to ride and stare at a phone! Now this is a whole different ball game.
I’m too old for this I’ve decided. Genies, stand bys, G+, lightening, have I missed any of the terms???
My brain can’t cope!
That’s if I have any energy left walking from the parking lot in the heat without any trams!

Hi.
My first post on here after years of reading and using some of the great advice given.

So I hope I do not upset anyone in the slightest.

Myself and family have been visiting WDW and all that Florida has to offer since 1997, so around 23 years we have been visiting.
We have always enjoyed Florida its fantastic, and they don't come any better than the American people, it feels like home from home in almost every respect.

The last 10 years have seen a big rise in what's has been built at WDW, world from parks to hotels, and what's on offer., we normally stop in WDW although we rented a Villa property at Emerald Island on out last visit. ( there are now 10 of us including grandchildren).
However the decision by WDW to now charge on Genie, and let the on-site visitors book parks and rides earlier than the non guests and APH to me makes sense, and even the lightning lanes do too.

The reasons ?

Annual Pass Holders seem to book up everything in advance, the book up all the fast passes, and the dining, especially on special days of the year, and from what I hear, APH turn up for a few hours, bring in there own food, do their fast passes, and then take up all the benches in the park.

This means holidaymakers/ vacationist who book expensive travel, hotels and passes,(approx $16k for 2 people) only to find they cant get on many rides and the parks are packed out with APH. Its spoiling the experience for a lot of on-site guests.
Its not just the rides, the parks seem packed out all the time, in comparison to what they used to be like.

It now means the APH have to play fair and not hog everything, they have to admit they have had a good run, and OK they have lost a few advantages but it was coming to the point of abusing the advantages they had.

We were not going to bother returning, but now feel we might get a chance to enjoy the place, perhaps WDW looked at who was spending the money, using their hotels etc.
I think the new apps and wristbands have been monitoring who does what and when.

I think even though APH have lost some small advantages they are still getting fantastic value for what they pay for them.

Universal Studios have been giving hotel guest advantages, WDW are just following suit.

Last edited:
Hi.
My first post on here after years of reading and using some of the great advice given.

So I hope I do not upset anyone in the slightest.

Myself and family have been visiting WDW and all that Florida has to offer since 1997, so around 23 years we have been visiting.
We have always enjoyed Florida its fantastic, and they don't come any better than the American people, it feels like home from home in almost every respect.

The last 10 years have seen a big rise in what's has been built at WDW, world from parks to hotels, and what's on offer., we normally stop in WDW although we rented a Villa property at Emerald Island on out last visit. ( there are now 10 of us including grandchildren).
However the decision by WDW to now charge on Genie and let on-site visitors book parks and rides to me makes sense and even the lightning lanes do too.

The reasons ?

Annual Pass Holders seem to book up everything in advance, the Fast passes, and the dining, special days of the year and from what I hear, turn up for a few hours, do their fast passes and then take up all the benches in the park.

This means holidaymakers/ vacationist book expensive travel, hotels and passes,(approx $16k) only to find they cant get on many rides and the parks are packed out with APH.
Its not just the rides, the parks seem packed out all the time, in comparison to what they used to be like.

It now means the APH have to play fair and not hog everything, they have to admit they have had a good run, and OK they have lost a few advantages but it was coming to the point of abusing the advantages they had.

We were not going to bother returning, but now feel we might get a chance to enjoy the place, perhaps WDW looked at who was spending the money, using their hotels etc.
I think the new apps and wristbands have been monitoring who does what and when.

I think even though APH have lost some small advantages they are still getting fantastic value for what they pay for them.

Universal Studios have been giving hotel guest advantages, WDW are just following suit.
You seem rather confused about the AP program.

You seem rather confused about the AP program.
Perhaps Turksmom, maybe from what the family had discussed. I was under the impression that the APH now have to wait until after 7am to book to get into a park for the next day, on-site guests, can book earlier.
From what I understand the AP can book no further than a day at a time. There is no longer fast passes, so if there are say 4 good rides in a park that are ultra popular, on site guests can get an early choice, even if it does cost $15 each.
Also weekend stops in budget WDW hotels wont qualify for any advantages, only 4 days or more?

Wow- there's a lot of misinformation there, so a few quick points

APs can book park reservations in advance. It was 3 days and will now be 5 with new passes.

Disney's value hotels have the same booking availability for park passes and Genie+ that all of the other levels do. There is no minimum stay to purchase the Genie+ or Lightning Lane Individual attractions.

Genie + is $15 per person/ per day and can be purchased by anyone. Onsite or off, ticket holder or AP.

Onsite guests have an advantage in purchasing Genie+ at midnight (still can't make first ride selection until 7am) and booking premium (additional cost) rides at 7 am, everyone else must wait until park opening(or entry- still awaiting clarification)

My original response was referring to what you thought APs could do previously. APs had the same booking window for dining and FP as anyone staying offsite. There was a disadvantage to APs with fast pass booking, in that they could not hold more than 3 days of FP at a time, unless staying onsite, but even then the three days were counted. For example, if I had an onsite stay for 5 days with 5 days of FP booked and it was 45 days away, I couldn't stay offsite and book any other passes before that.

I hope this will help with your planning.

I know on-site could book a FP 60 days in advance, and off site could only book 30 days in advance.
I would imagine paying would reduce the amount of AP holders turning up for a few hours a few times through the week with booked FPs.
It would end up costing a lot more for them to do it on a regular basis. It makes the parks less manic, and gives everyone a fair chance to get on things.

I know on-site could book a FP 60 days in advance, and off site could only book 30 days in advance.
I would imagine paying would reduce the amount of AP holders turning up for a few hours a few times through the week with booked FPs.
It would end up costing a lot more for them to do it on a regular basis. It makes the parks less manic, and gives everyone a fair chance to get on things.
I don't think that local APHs have as big an impact on FP availability as you seem to think. Local APHs tended to decide at the last minute. They were less likely to book 30 days out when other offsite guests would have been making their plans. They could only hold a total of 5 days of FPs at any given time.

In addition, since the parks are easily accessible to them throughout the year, getting a FP for the latest and greatest was not their sole focus for visiting the parks. But if they decided on Monday that they would visit HS on Friday evening, you can bet that they would pull a few FPs for their favorites if the could, just like anyone else.

Without paying for Genie+ guess where that local APH is going to be? In the standby lines and taking up real estate at the nighttime spectaculars. They're still going to be there, taking up space and "crowding" the parks.

I just don't think it's fair to villify them and blame overcrowded Park conditions on them.

I apologise if it seems I`m vilifying the AP holders, I guess if you area local it will seem unfair, and its the last thing I would want to do.
However we will see if it makes any odds over park attendances (bet against self) throughout the week, we tend to go further afield at the weekends, as all the parks were to ram packed to visit.
Discovery Cove, KSC, Busche Gardens, or the quieter coastal town are much more bearable. Just as a note we always go out of the summer season, April- May Oct- Nov, not during USA holiday/vacation periods.
KSC being my favourite place anywhere, I could spend a week in there.

This could be amended at rollout...........MaxPass allowed you to book a second ride 90 mins after the first, even if you hadnt used your first one yet..........

I think in spite of what the bloggers are saying, this is NOT MaxPass, but based off of, and similar to, MaxPass. The information right now from Disney is one at a time. You cannot book another until that one is used up (paid attractions being separate from this rule).

I think in spite of what the bloggers are saying, this is NOT MaxPass, but based off of, and similar to, MaxPass. The information right now from Disney is one at a time. You cannot book another until that one is used up (paid attractions being separate from this rule).

But the reason that MaxPass let you get another was in the cases where you pulled an FP for a very popular ride at 10 AM that already had a return time of like 8 PM. It is especially important with a paid system that the guest feel like they are getting some value and not ONE Fast Pass. That said, with the new system, those highest demand rides are not included as they are a paid individual selection, so it may never come to pass that the FP return times being distributed are an unreasonable amount of time away. If that is the case, then the point is moot, and I think that will be likely most of the time.

But the reason that MaxPass let you get another was in the cases where you pulled an FP for a very popular ride at 10 AM that already had a return time of like 8 PM. It is especially important with a paid system that the guest feel like they are getting some value and not ONE Fast Pass. That said, with the new system, those highest demand rides are not included as they are a paid individual selection, so it may never come to pass that the FP return times being distributed are an unreasonable amount of time away. If that is the case, then the point is moot, and I think that will be likely most of the time.
Yes, it really makes a difference if the Genie+ times let you book later in the morning or early afternoon, and who knows maybe in the evening. If this is the case there should be an exception to booking one at a time. The 90 minute rule would be a fix if this is the case. Otherwise, you'll have to be checking throughout the day to find an available LL. I mean is it possible you pay and there is nothing available all day long because all the times get eaten up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter