The Pro-Genie App discussion thread - speculate how the app could make your trip next trip great!

But the reason that MaxPass let you get another was in the cases where you pulled an FP for a very popular ride at 10 AM that already had a return time of like 8 PM. It is especially important with a paid system that the guest feel like they are getting some value and not ONE Fast Pass. That said, with the new system, those highest demand rides are not included as they are a paid individual selection, so it may never come to pass that the FP return times being distributed are an unreasonable amount of time away. If that is the case, then the point is moot, and I think that will be likely most of the time.

I'm not commenting on what SHOULD be, simply clarifying what Disney is saying right now. I don't have an emotional investment one way or the other, personally. I'm just waiting to see what will be. I just think those posters saying you CAN get another pass after 'x' amount of time is confusing, because that's not the case. If it is later, great. If it isn't, well, it is what it is.

I'm not commenting on what SHOULD be, simply clarifying what Disney is saying right now. I don't have an emotional investment one way or the other, personally. I'm just waiting to see what will be. I just think those posters saying you CAN get another pass after 'x' amount of time is confusing, because that's not the case. If it is later, great. If it isn't, well, it is what it is.

Well, to clarify, I think it is likely that it will be the case, however I also think that in practice it will rarely or never happen - IF the system works as intended.

Well, to clarify, I think it is likely that it will be the case, however I also think that in practice it will rarely or never happen - IF the system works as intended.
Right on! I agree that if the system works as intended the LL's will be released a few hours at a time, but if not...they should build in the ability to hold more than one at a time after a certain window of time has passed. I am really curious to see how it's going to work for sure.

Sorry if discussed already but we are leaving in 25 days and wondering when the genie app will be available? Is it going to just update from the MDE or is it going to be a whole new app to download?

Sorry if discussed already but we are leaving in 25 days and wondering when the genie app will be available? Is it going to just update from the MDE or is it going to be a whole new app to download?
According to people who were at the media event last week, it will be a part of the MDE app. You will access it by clicking on the 3 parallel bars on the lower right of the screen and Genie/Genie+ should be on the upper right of the next screen.

According to people who were at the media event last week, it will be a part of the MDE app. You will access it by clicking on the 3 parallel bars on the lower right of the screen and Genie/Genie+ should be on the upper right of the next screen.
Thank you. So MDE will remain and genie will jist be a small part of it?

Are you excited about how the Genie app could make your next trip better, even if that means paying for convenience?

What features do you hope it will have?

This thread is a safe place to discuss why you’re ready and (tentatively) excited for the Genie app to debut.

I don't know if I'm excited about it, or if it will make my trip better. I do hope it means that it can be like the good ole days when you would wake up and decide THAT MORNING what you wanted to do. If they get rid of park reservations, my dream could possibly come true. I LOVE to plan, but I also don't like to decide my day and footpath six months earlier, nor pressuring everyone in my party to stay on task. It's exhausting. I want it to feel like I'm on vacation, no (or at least fewer) schedules!

I know it's on here someplace, but when does this roll out? I assume not by the time my trip starts this weekend? I had not planned on spending extra for this Genie service, but my DH is encouraging me to take advantage. If he says that I can spend, I'll spend! 😁 However, I don't believe the program has been activated yet...correct?

I know it's on here someplace, but when does this roll out? I assume not by the time my trip starts this weekend? I had not planned on spending extra for this Genie service, but my DH is encouraging me to take advantage. If he says that I can spend, I'll spend! 😁 However, I don't believe the program has been activated yet...correct?

We actually do not know. Latest rumors were "third week of October" so likely soon, but probably not as soon as this weekend. I don't like it being up in the air - I arrive on the 16th!

No one knows when it will roll out. The latest buzz is the 3rd week of October but Disney has been silent about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter