• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The return of annual passes

And that's part of the bigger long-term fear.....that the company has lost focus and direction. Maximizing profits and making shareholders rich is now the only priority driving every business policy and decision....its no longer about entertainment. It's no longer about the guest. The quality is declining and cheap. It's now all about the numbers. You may argue that is how most companies are these days. But that's not how Walt wanted it.

Disney Shareholders

It feels like many want Genie+ and the new APs to fail in hopes that they will just disappear. IMO they will just offer discounts or free dining to make up for lack of sales.
Look they'll never pull back on that offer, but Disney ALWAYS offers discounts in some form. They'll make steeper discounts across the board if they need to, but offering those services for free, would be an admission that they made a mistake, and they wont do that.

Look they'll never pull back on that offer, but Disney ALWAYS offers discounts in some form. They'll make steeper discounts across the board if they need to, but offering those services for free, would be an admission that they made a mistake, and they wont do that.
Agreed. Genie+ is never going to be included with any stay.

Except that Universal + SeaWorld is a fraction of the size of Disney. If you calculated a “per attraction” rate, Disney would come out as a bit cheaper.

Actually if you just base it on number of rides - Disney World has 46 rides, Universal has 36, Seaworld Orlando has 15. So combined Universal and Seaworld have more rides than WDW.

That twitter post though used the Florida Resident rate for the Universal pass, it actually costs $624.99 for the 2 parks, if you want the water park it is $814.99 - but then you should add the Water park onto the Disney World Incredi-Pass too which is a $100 option.

Actually if you just base it on number of rides - Disney World has 46 rides, Universal has 36, Seaworld Orlando has 15. So combined Universal and Seaworld have more rides than WDW.

That twitter post though used the Florida Resident rate for the Universal pass, it actually costs $624.99 for the 2 parks, if you want the water park it is $814.99 - but then you should add the Water park onto the Disney World Incredi-Pass too which is a $100 option.
I only pay $355.99 ($378 with tax) for 18 months of AP at both Universal Parks.

I was thinking about rides + shows.

Agreed. Genie+ is never going to be included with any stay.
i disagree with that, i can see them including it with onsite resorts, maybe not to all resorts. We've seen how they will cater to the higher end resorts, i can see them tossing this at them at some point.

i disagree with that, i can see them including it with onsite resorts, maybe not to all resorts. We've seen how they will cater to the higher end resorts, i can see them tossing this at them at some point.

I agree. I could see them giving a certain number of days free to deluxe resort guests.

Hopefully this will lead to Disney failing and they get rid of Eger/Chapek and bring in someone who has the pulse of the people and common person.
Iger wont be around much longer, and there is a part of me that has always thought that Chapek is a transition CEO. He was officially announced after things got bad in China with Covid, but before they got bad in the US, so the timing was weird to me. I feel like he's here to get Disney through Covid, and then will be the fall guy for a lot of the crap they're doing now.

At least i hope he wont be around long, I thought Iger was bad, Chapek is 10 times worse.

I only pay $355.99 ($378 with tax) for 18 months of AP at both Universal Parks.

I'm assuming you don't have the Premier Pass though right? To make it as close to apples to apples, the comparison from the previous page which showed the Incredi-Pass, you'd want to use the Out of State price for Universal's Premier pass - at least the people who are out of state residents.

Comparing a park with 60% 3D rides, including 4 which just make up the backlot your in CA to WDW is not apples to apples.

Agree but I also think people are holding off Sept. trips for October trips in time for the 50th. I'll be anxious to see how this levels out after all the rush to celebrate with Mickey expires. According to TPs, the anticipated park crowds will return to 'normal' roughly within 2 weeks of 10/1. It'll take a while to see the true numbers post price increases once the 'Dumbo or Die' crowd pay homage to the mouse.
This most definitely is playing a part in it. I know too many people that go around labor day every
year and now putting it off until Oct so "they don't miss anything". lol

Iger wont be around much longer, and there is a part of me that has always thought that Chapek is a transition CEO. He was officially announced after things got bad in China with Covid, but before they got bad in the US, so the timing was weird to me. I feel like he's here to get Disney through Covid, and then will be the fall guy for a lot of the crap they're doing now.

At least i hope he wont be around long, I thought Iger was bad, Chapek is 10 times worse.
Iger already knew how bad covid was going to be from his connections in China and bailed so it didn't make him look bad with the coming economic shutdown. Smart

Iger already knew how bad covid was going to be from his connections in China and bailed so it didn't make him look bad with the coming economic shutdown. Smart
Iger wasn't that bad. The studio really thrived under him. I know he was a "money man" but he did let the creatives create and understood why that was important. Chapek on the other hand....
It's easy to blame Chapek for all of Iger's problems. Chapek's the fall guy and patsy.

I'm assuming you don't have the Premier Pass though right? To make it as close to apples to apples, the comparison from the previous page which showed the Incredi-Pass, you'd want to use the Out of State price for Universal's Premier pass - at least the people who are out of state residents.
I'm an out of state resident. With Disney AP I have no option but to pay $1300.
With Universal I pay just $378 for more months (18)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter