• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The return of annual passes

I sure hope so. We caved and bought park hoppers back in May for our upcoming December trip, but we have 4 trips planned between Decmeber 2021 and December 2022 so we NEED to upgrade those tix to AP's!
How do you go about updating your park hopper pass to an AP?

In the past, how long in advance are the AP blackout dates known? Are these posted for the entire year? Over a year?

Once they start selling new APs, you can go to any Guest Services. They apply the price of your current tickets to the AP and the AP start date is the date you first used your regular tickets.

We generally use Guest Services at DS. It has been less busy than the ones in the parks.

j

Once they start selling new APs, you can go to any Guest Services. They apply the price of your current tickets to the AP and the AP start date is the date you first used your regular tickets.

We generally use Guest Services at DS. It has been less busy than the ones in the parks.

j
Thanks for this info.

j
You should also be able to do this at a park ticket booth. Often they have shorter lines than GS.

j

Do you think we’d be able to upgrade them over the phone as well? Or have to do it in person? I have 8 day tickets for October 1st but was hoping if available we could upgrade them to AP and do a quick trip in September as well.

Do you think we’d be able to upgrade them over the phone as well?
Pretty sure you can do it over the phone before you go. I waited until we were on site as I had all my ADRs and FP+ on the original tickets and I didn't want to risk losing that.

j

There’s no guarantee you’ll be able to - my parents asked if they go ahead and buy tickets for their upcoming trip, can they upgrade them to APs once they become available again. The CM said that’s how it has worked in the past, but they couldn’t guarantee it would still be an option when APs return.

I was told the exact same thing. I have a 6 day ticket and I’m just praying I will be able to update- and soon

Just to share - I did a ticket to AP upgrade in January 2020. I know it may be different when APs come back, but when I called Disney they told me they could not upgrade my tickets over the phone to an AP - they said I needed to do it at Guest Services in person. I think this is because they need to see your ID. I was able to upgrade my tickets to an AP with no issue at all in person at Guest Services, and I know you can do this at the Disney Springs ticket center.

This was also for a new AP purchase. I'm unsure if you're allowed to convert a ticket to an AP Renewal.

I hope they allow us to upgrade too. What if the tickets are in a package am I out of luck y’all think?

We have an unused hopper from a few years ago (my DD was sick while we were there and never used it). CM told me that I while there are no refunds, I could use the value of that ticket to upgrade my 6 day hopper when we visit in November. I’m planning to upgrade my ticket to an AP so we can visit again before Nov 2022. What is the current ‘no blackout dates’ annual pass?

We have an unused hopper from a few years ago (my DD was sick while we were there and never used it). CM told me that I while there are no refunds, I could use the value of that ticket to upgrade my 6 day hopper when we visit in November. I’m planning to upgrade my ticket to an AP so we can visit again before Nov 2022. What is the current ‘no blackout dates’ annual pass?

Platinum is no blackout dates unless they change it.

Just to share - I did a ticket to AP upgrade in January 2020. I know it may be different when APs come back, but when I called Disney they told me they could not upgrade my tickets over the phone to an AP - they said I needed to do it at Guest Services in person. I think this is because they need to see your ID. I was able to upgrade my tickets to an AP with no issue at all in person at Guest Services, and I know you can do this at the Disney Springs ticket center.

This was also for a new AP purchase. I'm unsure if you're allowed to convert a ticket to an AP Renewal.

I converted my unused ticket to a DVC renewal this past January. I did have to do it at Epcot when I got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter