The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they define “founding member?”

I bought there before it was open....does that make me a founder member?
I don't remember precisely... I believe it was for the first X number of purchasers -- we were notified by email and given a chance to pick what the tile would say.

Update on work to be done in TL in MK...

Martin of WDWMagic.com has stated the following will receive no love from this upgrade - Buzz, Monsters Inc LF, Space Mountain, Astro Orbiters
Most of the upgrades will be general "land overhaul" in TL, not ride specific
Plan is still to have some work on Speedway once Tron is done, but no lock on new cars per say, as well us minor upgrade to CoP .

Space mountain will probably go for a lengthy refurb after Tron has been open a year or two.

Buzz light year needs an update, don't think the guns even worked when I last rode it.

Laugh Floor is the laughable one. It HAS to go. It's not bad but doesn't fit into the area. It's probably a case Diwneyndont know what to do with that and the Stitch building

Update on work to be done in TL in MK...

Martin of WDWMagic.com has stated the following will receive no love from this upgrade - Buzz, Monsters Inc LF, Space Mountain, Astro Orbiters
Most of the upgrades will be general "land overhaul" in TL, not ride specific
Plan is still to have some work on Speedway once Tron is done, but no lock on new cars per say, as well us minor upgrade to CoP .

Kind of a bummer that so much will not be touched - though agree the Land as a whole could use a refreshing. Even just a good refresh to Buzz (maybe switch to the detachable guns like at Disneyland) would help a bunch. When they don't even have a replacement for Stitch I am not surprised they aren't changing the Laugh Floor as well.

I really do hope the update/upgrade the cars at the speedway to fit - it will be even more of an eyesore/earsore/nosesore if that is right in front of the brand new Tron building and still basically the same ride

Space mountain will probably go for a lengthy refurb after Tron has been open a year or two.

Buzz light year needs an update, don't think the guns even worked when I last rode it.

Laugh Floor is the laughable one. It HAS to go. It's not bad but doesn't fit into the area. It's probably a case Diwneyndont know what to do with that and the Stitch building
I at least wish laugh floor was repeatable. It’s nice once or twice but after that it’s the same show every time.

I think laugh floor fits at least a little! I think Monsters Inc is better suited for HS though. I really enjoy laugh floor. I dont think moving it should quite be a priority yet.

I enjoy Laugh Floor. I agree that it doesn't fit with the theme of TL, but its a good experience that gives great 30 minute break from the sun. It would benefit the ride to give the CMs more freedom to adlib and break from the set script. Move it somewhere else if you must, but that is a good show that has a place in WDW.

My family and I love the Laugh Floor, and quite honestly, love the time IN the Laugh Floor to cool off and relax some ;)
that being said, I get that it does not seem to fit TL. Would really have loved to see it moved to DHS had they done the Monster's Inc area. But per most reports that is off the table.

The overall refresh of TL was direly needed. Love the look with the new Joffrey's and hope they carry that around.

I really can't wait to see if Speedway gets the upgrade it desperately needs. My kids are too old to ride it now(per them ;) ) but it was a must when they were little and would hate to see it continue as is.

My family and I love the Laugh Floor, and quite honestly, love the time IN the Laugh Floor to cool off and relax some ;)
that being said, I get that it does not seem to fit TL. Would really have loved to see it moved to DHS had they done the Monster's Inc area. But per most reports that is off the table.

The overall refresh of TL was direly needed. Love the look with the new Joffrey's and hope they carry that around.

I really can't wait to see if Speedway gets the upgrade it desperately needs. My kids are too old to ride it now(per them ;) ) but it was a must when they were little and would hate to see it continue as is.

I already like the new rocks in TL so I can only hope it keeps going in that direction!

I already like the new rocks in TL so I can only hope it keeps going in that direction!
You mean the new rocks with the chipping paint? I love the colorization, but they need to find a way to stop the paint from chipping on it.

I'm a little disappointed that Buzz isn't getting an update. As said above the detachable guns would be a huge addition plus just updating it so it looked better. I still think Laugh Floor needs to go as well even though it's a people eater

Laugh Floor is a good attraction but I've never understood how it ended up where it did. It would be great over at DHS.

I agree wholeheartedly on Buzz. It is my unpopular opinion that it is one of the worst rides in WDW. It feels like something you would ride at Six Flags, only Six Flags would probably have gun that actually lets you shoot. Can you imagine someone in real life trying to shoot a gun and holding it chest high 2 feet out in front of them?

I really thought they'd be aiming to fix more things in Tomorrowland ahead of the 50th. Waiting til after puts many of these things 6-7 years away. Guess they could be the "big" thing for the 60th!

I at least wish laugh floor was repeatable. It’s nice once or twice but after that it’s the same show every time.

Interesting. Compared to most things at WDW (especially shows) I find it to be one of the more repeatable and unique experiences. I probably wouldn't do it twice on the same trip, but I wouldn't see any show twice other than maybe some nighttime spectaculars. A lot of the jokes are the same, but some are different. But the thing that is most fun/repeatable for me is the audience participation.

Interesting. Compared to most things at WDW (especially shows) I find it to be one of the more repeatable and unique experiences. I probably wouldn't do it twice on the same trip, but I wouldn't see any show twice other than maybe some nighttime spectaculars. A lot of the jokes are the same, but some are different. But the thing that is most fun/repeatable for me is the audience participation.
It could be that I just haven’t done it in a long time.

IMO Laugh Floor fits in TL because it is the energy of the future. Now I don't think this is what they meant for TL years ago as it should more of our future and not a cartoons future. But is no more of a stretch as Buzz or Stitch. I do think it does fit better at DHS.

It could be that I just haven’t done it in a long time.

We've only done it 3 times, maybe 4. The last 2 times we have done it, at least one of us was involved in the show, which obviously adds to the enjoyment. I think being towards the front increases your odds of involvement.

Guardians will be a Vekoma coaster, no inversions, will have launches like we already knew.

I know I'm behind on this but I'm catching up on a lot today. I REALLY wish Disney would get away from using Vekoma for their coasters. With the exception of Everest, (and Mine Train is good for what it is) I don't think I've ever ridden one of their rides that I truly love. And a lot of them are very painful. I have fond memories of riding Chaos at Opryland as a kid, but that was 25 years ago and I think I was just amazed at the fact that it was in the dark and had 3d glasses. The only Vekoma coasters at Cedar Point and Magic Mountain are kiddie rides. I think that's telling from the 2 coaster capitals of North America.

I know I'm behind on this but I'm catching up on a lot today. I REALLY wish Disney would get away from using Vekoma for their coasters. With the exception of Everest, (and Mine Train is good for what it is) I don't think I've ever ridden one of their rides that I truly love. And a lot of them are very painful. I have fond memories of riding Chaos at Opryland as a kid, but that was 25 years ago and I think I was just amazed at the fact that it was in the dark and had 3d glasses. The only Vekoma coasters at Cedar Point and Magic Mountain are kiddie rides. I think that's telling from the 2 coaster capitals of North America.
When I first saw this I found it hard to agree, but thinking about it you are totally right. Aside from Tron, Vekoma has not had many impressive coasters over the last 10 years or so. To me the only different coaster they've had a hand in is the Superman coaster at Six Flags parks. It was very unique when it opened, but that's really the last creative coaster they've had. Mine Train was unique as well, but poorly executed in my opinion. Again I wouldn't count Tron because it's new and very innovative, but that's really it lately.

I think the two parks you mention focus more on thrill coasters whereas Disney does not.

When I first saw this I found it hard to agree, but thinking about it you are totally right. Aside from Tron, Vekoma has not had many impressive coasters over the last 10 years or so. To me the only different coaster they've had a hand in is the Superman coaster at Six Flags parks. It was very unique when it opened, but that's really the last creative coaster they've had. Mine Train was unique as well, but poorly executed in my opinion. Again I wouldn't count Tron because it's new and very innovative, but that's really it lately.
Vekoma wasn't responsible for anything more than the ride system of Mine Train itself so as far as poor execution that would be have to put on Disney no? Disney orders the coaster through the provider and is the one to theme it. Vekoma is just the supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter