The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vekoma wasn't responsible for anything more than the ride system of Mine Train itself so as far as poor execution that would be have to put on Disney no? Disney orders the coaster through the provider and is the one to theme it. Vekoma is just the supplier.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm, talking about poor execution of the system itself. I think Disney made many mistakes with it, but I also believe the system does not work as well as it was originally believed to. My main issue is the swaying cars barely having that feeling. It could be because theres just not enough ride to feel the full effect, but I think it's also a problem with the execution of it.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm, talking about poor execution of the system itself. I think Disney made many mistakes with it, but I also believe the system does not work as well as it was originally believed to. My main issue is the swaying cars barely having that feeling. It could be because theres just not enough ride to feel the full effect, but I think it's also a problem with the execution of it.
I understand but we don't know if that was Vekoma who had the say in the swaying or Disney. If I had to guess it would be Disney as they are the designer after all. I just see Vekoma as a supplier and Disney using the product how they see fit.

I think it very likely that the swaying, or lack there of, is simply a result of a bit too much dampening on the mechanism. There is, at least in my mind, some possibility that the effect could be enhanced relatively simply down the road with a refit of the cars with a less aggressive dampener.

hopefully they at least let you get yours back - but I agree it would be cool if they put them somewhere. heck, they don't use the Wonders of Life pavilion for much most of the year, just put them there

That gave me an idea...they should make an Epcot museum and put it in the Wonders of Life pavilion. Include some of the props and animatronics from the closed rides. They probably have a lot of the stuff in storage, so it wouldn't be a huge cost. And since for GotG ride, Quill is supposed to have went to Epcot in the 1980s, it would be a great tie in for that ride.

That gave me an idea...they should make an Epcot museum and put it in the Wonders of Life pavilion. Include some of the props and animatronics from the closed rides. They probably have a lot of the stuff in storage, so it wouldn't be a huge cost. And since for GotG ride, Quill is supposed to have went to Epcot in the 1980s, it would be a great tie in for that ride.

I've been thinking they should just turn Wonders of Life into a year round festival center with like a permanent bar, store, etc and just change up the theme as needed ...

... but adding in some EPCOT historical pieces could be a great compliment. Maybe have some sort of scavenger hunt thing to find different elements too

You think there would be demand for that? I think they're making good use of it for festivals, personally.

You think there would be demand for that? I think they're making good use of it for festivals, personally.

I think it could be. If they added it to something else, like a lounge or something.

Although it is quite possible the queue for GotG could have some historical Epcot elements.

And since for GotG ride, Quill is supposed to have went to Epcot in the 1980s, it would be a great tie in for that ride.

Is that going to be in the ride, or what do you mean? Wasn't in the movie was it?

I've been thinking they should just turn Wonders of Life into a year round festival center with like a permanent bar, store, etc and just change up the theme as needed ...

... but adding in some EPCOT historical pieces could be a great compliment. Maybe have some sort of scavenger hunt thing to find different elements too

Could they include like a "wall" of the monument photos? Or would that be way too many. Those are not permanently on the monuments correct.

It's just a backstory imagineers are giving to justify why the GOTG coaster is going in Epcot where it may not be the best fit

When they announced they were building the ride, they claimed that was the tie-in and they showed a picture of him as a kid visiting Epcot.

OK cool, hadn't heard that. Maybe that's why Walt's last words were Peter's Dad. :rolleyes1

Rumour of new blue 2nd Edition Hippopotomai-tai Mug at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto.

Here's a pic from ebay (of course). Does a pic make it the real deal?

mgJ7Ozv-Mv9_RKgrRmiCe4A.jpg

Wonder if all the mugs will now trade over to new editions?

I'm def ready for some new collectibles.
Anyone want to take one for the team and go check it out at 4pm today? :drive:

Rumour of new blue 2nd Edition Hippopotomai-tai Mug at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto.

Here's a pic from ebay (of course). Does a pic make it the real deal?

mgJ7Ozv-Mv9_RKgrRmiCe4A.jpg

Wonder if all the mugs will now trade over to new editions?

I'm def ready for some new collectibles.
Anyone want to take one for the team and go check it out at 4pm today? :drive:

I bought two of these in December at the Grog Grotto. Not sure when they rolled out, but it was before 12/9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter