The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there was any sort of announcement. The Trader Sam's instagram is good about posting new mugs for the Enchanted Tiki Bar, but they haven't posted anything about the Grog Grotto changes. There's a new Nautilus glaze, as well.

Some pretty interesting stuff here. I’m not sure if any of you watch Mickey views on YouTube but they always pop up on my YouTube feed so sometimes I watch them. Supposedly a fan of the show follows a Instagram account of an Imagineer and he’s been leaking some information regarding the guardians of the Galaxy coaster, Tron Coaster and Star Wars Galaxy Edge. Brayden (head of Mickey views) did some research to see if this account is real and he really believes it’s an actual Imagineer. I’m interested to see what everyone thinks whether to believe this or not. I’m still not sold but it does seem pretty believable. I will post both of the videos below regarding the leaked information. Just a reminder to take this with the tiniest grain of salt.

Some pretty interesting stuff here. I’m not sure if any of you watch Mickey views on YouTube but they always pop up on my YouTube feed so sometimes I watch them. Supposedly a fan of the show follows a Instagram account of an Imagineer and he’s been leaking some information regarding the guardians of the Galaxy coaster, Tron Coaster and Star Wars Galaxy Edge. Brayden (head of Mickey views) did some research to see if this account is real and he really believes it’s an actual Imagineer. I’m interested to see what everyone thinks whether to believe this or not. I’m still not sold but it does seem pretty believable. I will post both of the videos below regarding the leaked information. Just a reminder to take this with the tiniest grain of salt.

It's interesting and definitely possible - but I wonder what the implications for this Imagineer would be as I know Disney flips out if a CM takes a picture of something backstage, etc. so they can't be happy with the draft board of an imagineer being made public (and can't be that hard to figure out who it would be based on what they shared) ... so just that makes me question things. If it is true, what I found most interesting is the outline of the new building which seems to have a much wider connection to the Universe of Energy building than I think most speculation to date had

It's interesting and definitely possible - but I wonder what the implications for this Imagineer would be as I know Disney flips out if a CM takes a picture of something backstage, etc. so they can't be happy with the draft board of an imagineer being made public (and can't be that hard to figure out who it would be based on what they shared) ... so just that makes me question things. If it is true, what I found most interesting is the outline of the new building which seems to have a much wider connection to the Universe of Energy building than I think most speculation to date had
I have a hard time believing someone who has likely signed NDAs and what not would risk their job like that.

The level of detail and the intricacy makes it seem more believable, but all the things you just said makes it waaaay less believable.

The level of detail and the intricacy makes it seem more believable, but all the things you just said makes it waaaay less believable.
Another issue I have with it is the supposed Imagineer has info on both guardians and Star Wars. Something seems off about that. Imagineers usually stay with one project or IP through it’s completion. For an imagineer to be both on Star Wars and Marvel projects is highly unlikely.

to the Porg thing, it certainly makes sense they would want to recreate the toy Banshee success - but it seems to not fit the immersion of being on Batuu ... why would there be porgs there? So far we have only seen porgs on Ach-tu which needed a special map to be found, so why would there all of a sudden be tons of porgs in Batuu? I could see it more as a toy to come out for the holiday season this year or something but just in stores, not in the Lands

Another issue I have with it is the supposed Imagineer has info on both guardians and Star Wars. Something seems off about that. Imagineers usually stay with one project or IP through it’s completion. For an imagineer to be both on Star Wars and Marvel projects is highly unlikely.

and if you watch the Porg one, this imagineer also got the idea for the adopt a porg green lit - so it is one person who is working on the interior decorating of the Guardian's ride and then also developing from scratch an advanced Star Wars toy? seems fairly dissimilar

I think the post about the Porg project called it "MY Porg project." It doesn't seem like it would be too hard for Disney to track down who that might be - if it's real, that is...

and if you watch the Porg one, this imagineer also got the idea for the adopt a porg green lit - so it is one person who is working on the interior decorating of the Guardian's ride and then also developing from scratch an advanced Star Wars toy? seems fairly dissimilar
Exactly. Two very different areas of work.

to the Porg thing, it certainly makes sense they would want to recreate the toy Banshee success - but it seems to not fit the immersion of being on Batuu ... why would there be porgs there? So far we have only seen porgs on Ach-tu which needed a special map to be found, so why would there all of a sudden be tons of porgs in Batuu? I could see it more as a toy to come out for the holiday season this year or something but just in stores, not in the Lands
After the way the Porgs infiltrated the Millennium Falcon, it's conceivable that they could have ended up everywhere after that.

If the porg thing is true, I could see it kinda working in a way because Batuu is a trading post so maybe “Star Wars characters” are trading porgs at batuu.

He also supposedly had some information on Tron.

If the porg thing is true, I could see it kinda working in a way because Batuu is a trading post so maybe “Star Wars characters” are trading porgs at batuu.
But why would they be trading porgs? Porgs are supposedly only on Ach-to which is a hidden Jedi island. So regular people shouldn’t be able to go there presumably.

That gave me an idea...they should make an Epcot museum and put it in the Wonders of Life pavilion. Include some of the props and animatronics from the closed rides. They probably have a lot of the stuff in storage, so it wouldn't be a huge cost. And since for GotG ride, Quill is supposed to have went to Epcot in the 1980s, it would be a great tie in for that ride.

This is something for the last couple of years I've actually kind of thought they should do too. A lot of the good stuff is probably all toast, but I love the idea. I was also thinking/dreaming of a dark ride that would take you through a greatest hits of past Epcot scenes... that could be a fun idea for a hypothetical thread perhaps, what scene from each former attaction

This is something for the last couple of years I've actually kind of thought they should do too. A lot of the good stuff is probably all toast, but I love the idea. I was also thinking/dreaming of a dark ride that would take you through a greatest hits of past Epcot scenes... that could be a fun idea for a hypothetical thread perhaps, what scene from each former attaction

I have hopes for the new Guardian's ride that since the referenced that Peter Quill visited EPCOT - it would have been the original EPCOT and that they can have some references to the classics in there

The Youtube channel Mickey Views reported that Speedway will get an overlay with the Tron cars (car not lightcycle) and it would be electric. This is information he claims is from an imagineer on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter