The Running Thread - 2018

@Wendy98 you are amazing!

QOTD: As of today I will go with a half marathon. It still challenges me and gives me a huge sense of accomplishment when I finish.

Bonus QOTD: Sweet. I have a ginormous sweet tooth. I could eat sugar with a spoon and be in heaven.

Marathon. There are many more marathons I'm interested in running than races of other distances. Plus, I only need a few more to complete the seven continents.
Cool! What continents do you still need to do? A marathon in Antarctica sounds all sorts of crazy & amazing. I love these adventures people do since I'm far from doing them.

ATTQOTD: Hmmm, I think I have to go with the half. They don't wipe me out for a day or more, don't need to dedicate a ton of time to the training cycle.

BQOTD: Depends on time of day! Mornings and afternoons I usually crave sweet stuff. during the evening time, I am usually snacking on salty stuff. What I don't crave are things that are both. My wife loves chocolate covered pretzels, and I find that pretty meh.

QOTD: You can only register for races that are one distance for the remainder of your running career. Which distance would you pick and why?

Bonus QOTD: Junk food. Sweet or salty??

I’m going to go with the marathon. It’s the most challenging of course but it is also an incredible achievement. There are so many marathons around the world that you can run as well. I didn’t get emotional from a race until I did a marathon and that just shows what it’s all about.

Bonus: sweet! I’m a total sucker for sweets.

ATTQOTD: Half marathon. Short enough that I can complete one without it taking up a whole lot of the day, still have plenty of energy to do other things afterwards. Long enough that it takes me longer to complete than it does to drive to and wait around for the event (not a fan of 5ks and 10ks for this reason).

BQOTD: Depends on which salty and sweet treats are in the house. There are donuts from an Amish Market nearby that will trump any other treat available ever. But if those aren't in the house, I tend to go for salty.

QOTD: You can only register for races that are one distance for the remainder of your running career. Which distance would you pick and why?

That's really tough. I like the half marathon distance, but I think I have to go 5k, just because there are a greater variety of those year-round. Plus, because I won't run Saturdays, 5k is the only distance that I can do at every runDisney weekend. So ... #lifegoals.

Bonus QOTD: Junk food. Sweet or salty??

Sweet. I will take all the chocolate please.
The salty foods I like (pretzels, salted nuts) are healthy snacks when I have them in moderation.

10k. I am best suited for 5k and 10k distances considering body type and abilities. I also enjoy the training. The 5k is 20 minutes of agony but it seems to be my best distance when measured against the field. Half marathon is enjoyable as well.

I am likely in the minority but I get no sense of accomplishment from training for and completing a marathon. I get much more satisfaction from a fast 10k or 5k.

ATTQOTD: I’d pick the half marathon because the distance is still a challenge but not so much that the training for it consumes your life as much as training for a full does.

Bonus: Salty!

ATTQOTD: As much as I have come to love running marathons, I think I would go with the half distance. Mostly because of the time in training. Maybe if it wasn't like the surface of the sun here in the summer and fall I wouldn't mind the training time but having to get my weekday runs in after work is like torture once it heats up!

Bonus: Salty! My go to snack is sunflower seeds or popcorn. I enjoy sweets as well, (love chocolate) but if I HAD to choose just one, it is salty. I could also live on chips and salsa. :)

QOTD: 10k - enough of a distance that it doesn’t feel too short but if I’m bad about training, it can still be finished. My husband likes it as he can run it straight.

Bonus: Salty - used to be sweets but it’s changed in my 30s

ATTQOTD: Like many of you, I'm going with half marathon - long enough to be a challenge, but short enough that you could do quite a few per year! Also, can easily convince DH to train and run a half with me. (Still working on convincing him to run a full...) My first Disney race was a half, and that is what truly got me hooked on running longer distances.

Bonus: It used to be sweet, but since I started running, it's definitely switched to salty...love chips/salsa; nachos!

ATTQOTD: Probably the half. It's more do-able on a whim.
Bonus: Totally depends on my mood. I like to snack way too much and sweet and salty are always welcome.

ATTQOTD: I would like to say half as I am hoping to work my way to that, someday, but I could just run the 10K and walk the rest and still feel good about having raced a 10K.
Bonus: Salty, all the wasabi peas and Asian trail mix stuff without the fish crackers (blech, ebi sembe gets me every time as I hope it is the red pepper flake one). And popcorn. And I did live off of chips and salsa for 6 months- cereal for breakfast, sandwich wrap from the cafeteria, and my beloved Lime Tostidos and salsa for dinner, washed down with some form of alcohol. I do not recommend this for nutrition, but it was delicious.

ATYQOTD: No need for fueling as I have yet to make it past 10K, but I do pop chocolate covered espresso beans at work about an hour before I run, mostly to keep myself awake in my lame morning meetings. I do think they aid on my runs sometimes....
ATYBQOTD: Yes to Pineapple on pizza, particularly with Ham as it becomes that salty-sweet combo. I have a friend that does Pineapple, Ham, and Red onion, but I do not like the sulfur addition to the salty-sweet. And I hate that the Japanese seem to think corn belongs on pizza. Almost anything on pizza will be considered, but the mayo was where I drew the vomit line. Hard no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter