• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2019

I'd never heard of Brittany Runs a Marathon but it sounds like something I'd enjoy watching. The only movies I see in theatres for the past seven years are kid/family movies. So if it's not on netflix/HBO/etc then I do not watch it. And usually I'm too tired to watch a full movie by the time kiddo goes to bed. reality!

ATTQOTD: The closest theater to me is an hour away so I have to really want to see the movie to make the effort, lol. Plus there have been shootings in their parking lot so most of the time I'm like #NOPE! I usually wait for things to come out on Netflix. I have seen a couple of documentaries on running but can't think of them at the moment.

I MAY make an exception to the #NOPE for Toy Story 4..... :scratchin

ATTQOTD:

I’ve watched a couple docs and enjoyed Run Fatboy Run, but that was much more a running-adjacent Simon Pegg comedy than a running movie. I imagine Brittany Runs A Marathon to be similar endeavor, although I’m sure it will strike different notes.

QOTD: Do you enjoy watching movies that pertain to running? Do you go to the theater to see them or wait for them to come out to stream or rent? Do you plan on going see Brittany Runs a Marathon in August?
I'm gonna just let someone else answer for me:

The only movies I see in theatres for the past seven years are kid/family movies. So if it's not on netflix/HBO/etc then I do not watch it. And usually I'm too tired to watch a full movie by the time kiddo goes to bed. reality!

I will add that I would consider watching it in chunks on a treadmill if/when it does hit streaming.

Ok, so who wants to open a gym/theatre with me where it's just a bunch of treadmills in front of first run movies. We can charge $15.99 for a large water and popcorn flavored gels? #sharktank
@DopeyBadger please go ahead and let me know when your tron-gym opens and we'll talk.

Reserve Saturday and Sunday mornings for EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga football and I’d show up. No popcorn flavored gels for me though, I think Haribo would do the trick.

@LSUlakes

June 22- Jules76126 - Old Port 5K (31:38/ NG)
Recap in my journal, but overall a really well done race.

ATTQOTD: We don't watch a lot of movies. Last movie I saw in theaters was Beauty and the Beast. We may watch it if it is on Netflix, but probably not.

ATTQOTD: I watched the trailer for Brittany Runs A Marathon and the first 30 seconds I was eyerolling because I didn't know what they were getting at with this movie. By the end I was crying because feels. Here is the trailer if anyone hasn't seen it yet:

We usually save going to the actual theater for movies that our kid wants to see that we think won't suck to sit through. Example: my mom took her to see The Secret Life of Pets 2 and we took her to see Toy Story 4. I am picky about what I spend movie theater prices on. Otherwise, we like to see all the scary movies on a big screen because it's just better that way.

So to answer the original question, no I probably won't see Brittany Runs A Marathon in theater. I will wait for it to go to Redbox or Netflix. And I haven't seen any other running movies in the theaters either.

ATTQOD: Sure... when they're good? There aren't many out there, and the running is always tangential to the story. Chariots of Fire is one of the best explorations of the human condition out there. But I do love a good documentary, and I typically learn something new. I'll waiting to see Brittany Runs a Marathon at home.

@LSUlakes, I need to update my races:

October 27 - Chasing Dopey - Marine Corps 50K (NG)
November 02 - Chasing Dopey - W&D 10K (NG)
November 03 - Chasing Dopey - W&D Half Marathon (NG)

(I know, I know. Not the smartest.)

ATTQOTD: I do like watching running/running related movies. As for watching in the theater, does Run Lola Run count as a running move? That’s the only running related move I can think of that I saw in the theater. I do think I’ll see Brittany Runs a Marathon in the theater.

ATTQOTD: I have never watched any running related movies, unless you count Forest Gump. I really don't like going to movie theaters (people irritate me) and I'm always too tired at night to commit to watching a whole movie, so I am really behind on watching all movies, running movies included.

@LSUlakes I have some races to add too:

July 4 - michigandergirl - Boyne City Independence Day 10K - NG
July 13 - michigandergirl - Dirty Burg Trail 10K - NG
Aug 11 - michigandergirl - Go Rogue Run 3.5/Kayak 3.5 - NG
Sept 15 - michigandergirl - The Bridge Run 10 Miler - NG
Oct 20 - michigandergirl - Grand Rapids half marathon - NG

And last but not least:

Jan - michigandergirl - Goofy Challenge - NG

Thanks!

ATTQOTD- I've watched The Running Man, and Logan's Run, even Cannonball Run, but I honestly don't think I've ever watched a movie about running.
I wanted to see McFarland USA (Disney movie!) but it disappeared pretty quick.

Hey @jennamfeo....how was Toy Story 4 (without giving away any spoilers)? Hope to see it next week.

My husband and I saw Patriot’s Day during the 2017 Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend as our low key rest activity. Probably not a movie a lot of people would watch prior to running a race though.

I go to the movie theater a ton - I’ve already seen 20 movies in the theater this year. I was one really annoyed when Moviepass changed their model they had from 2013 when I joined and then imploded with the 9.99 plans. Not sure if we’ll see Brittney Runs A Marathon. Depends on what else is out at the time!

ATTQOD: Sure... when they're good? There aren't many out there, and the running is always tangential to the story. Chariots of Fire is one of the best explorations of the human condition out there. But I do love a good documentary, and I typically learn something new. I'll waiting to see Brittany Runs a Marathon at home.

@LSUlakes, I need to update my races:

October 27 - Chasing Dopey - Marine Corps 50K (NG)
November 02 - Chasing Dopey - W&D 10K (NG)
November 03 - Chasing Dopey - W&D Half Marathon (NG)

(I know, I know. Not the smartest.)
I’m doing the same thing! Except I’m running the 5k (boo to no AK) and Half. :rotfl2:

ATTQOTD: Not really into movies of any kind. I did watch 'Spirit of the Marathon' in segments while using the elliptical and recumbent bike. I think it may have been while training for my first marathon, but not sure.

Probably not going to see 'Brittany Runs a Marathon'.

Does 'Silent Running' count as a running movie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter