The Running Thread - 2019

One of the local racing companies puts on a pretty good 5k/10k and half. I am thinking about signing up for the half as a quick fun run, unless I can get my son to sign up for the 10k. He hasn't run since cross country season ended and I'm worried the WDW half is going to be tough if he doesn't do some training runs.

I’m so far behind on this thread, but jumped in and saw all the Binge Mode talk. Been on board since the beginning (I was an early Bill Simmons follower and, although he’s become gradually less tolerable himself, remain a fan of The Ringer).

I really enjoyed the GoT and HP series, had to delete Star Wars after they listed their order of preference for the movies. Their placement of Last Jedi was unconscionable. It has me questioning all that has previously come before it.

I’ll be back for their next Binge though and love NBA Desktop (Jason’s weekly YouTube short)

I really enjoyed the GoT and HP series, had to delete Star Wars after they listed their order of preference for the movies. Their placement of Last Jedi was unconscionable. It has me questioning all that has previously come before it.
This is petty and I love it.

I guess I shouldn't mention that my husband is forcing me to watch them for the first time and man the feedback on viewing order I have received is INSANE.

This is petty and I love it.

I guess I shouldn't mention that my husband is forcing me to watch them for the first time and man the feedback on viewing order I have received is INSANE.

Viewing order: 4-5-1-2-3-6 is a must for first time viewers. Solo and Rogue One are essentially stand alone and 7-8 are pretty self explanatory. Story elements make viewing 1-6 in order a much less impactful experience; so much so that I can’t understand how anyone would suggest viewing them in this order for a first time viewer. 4-5-6-1-2-3 is the only other acceptable first time choice.

Viewing order: 4-5-1-2-3-6 is a must for first time viewers. Solo and Rogue One are essentially stand alone and 7-8 are pretty self explanatory. Story elements make viewing 1-6 in order a much less impactful experience; so much so that I can’t understand how anyone would suggest viewing them in this order for a first time viewer. 4-5-6-1-2-3 is the only other acceptable first time choice.
LOL WELL. My husband chose 1-2-3-Solo-Rogue-4-5-6-7-8 because we just think chronologically story wise makes the most sense. He has seen them all, I have not. But I know the big spoilers for the most part.

LOL WELL. My husband chose 1-2-3-Solo-Rogue-4-5-6-7-8 because we just think chronologically story wise makes the most sense. He has seen them all, I have not. But I know the big spoilers for the most part.

Yeah, it really is just the one thing that makes viewing chronological problematic and many people are aware, particularly adults, so that mitigates it. If you know the spoilers chronological is fine.

Their placement of Last Jedi was unconscionable. It has me questioning all that has previously come before it.
Is this placement based on ranking the movies in order of favorite or ranking the movies in viewing order?

If anyone cares, here is my current ranking order by favorite.

1. The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V)
2. Star Wars (Episode IV)
3. Return of the Jedi (Episode VI)
4. The Force Awakens (Episode VII)
5. The Last Jedi (Episode VIII)
6. Rogue One (standalone)
7. Solo (standalone)
8. Revenge of the Sith (Episode III)
9. The Phantom Menace (Episode I)
10. Attack of the Clones (Episode II)

Viewing order: 4-5-1-2-3-6 is a must for first time viewers. Solo and Rogue One are essentially stand alone and 7-8 are pretty self explanatory.
Agreed. If you somehow do not know the major revelation from The Empire Strikes Back, then what I like to call Flashback Order really works the best.
Assuming you already know the big spoiler from The Empire Strikes Back, then chronological works just fine for a first time viewer. Plus it does have the benefit of finishing on the higher note. And while I truly love the prequels, they still rank in the last 3 of my list of favorite Star Wars movies.
But you’re starting with the worst ones! How can you maintain interest that way?
As long as they don't watch the Star Wars Holiday Special, they will be just fine.

Is this placement based on ranking the movies in order of favorite or ranking the movies in viewing order?

If anyone cares, here is my current ranking order by favorite.

1. The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V)
2. Star Wars (Episode IV)
3. Return of the Jedi (Episode VI)
4. The Force Awakens (Episode VII)
5. The Last Jedi (Episode VIII)
6. Rogue One (standalone)
7. Solo (standalone)
8. Revenge of the Sith (Episode III)
9. The Phantom Menace (Episode I)
10. Attack of the Clones (Episode II)

Agreed. If you somehow do not know the major revelation from The Empire Strikes Back, then what I like to call Flashback Order really works the best.
Assuming you already know the big spoiler from The Empire Strikes Back, then chronological works just fine for a first time viewer. Plus it does have the benefit of finishing on the higher note. And while I truly love the prequels, they still rank in the last 3 of my list of favorite Star Wars movies.
As long as they don't watch the Star Wars Holiday Special, they will be just fine.
I want to watch the holiday special so bad.

I luuurve Binge Mode - it's informative, but also HILARIOUS! They obviously care a lot about their subjects, especially Harry Potter.

Turkey Trot - did it once despite all the protestations from my DH. It was so cold, but had a great time! DH ended up running too and DS did the kids run and we were back with plenty of time to cook.

Because I am making my husband pair each movie with a beer/wine. Haha. IDK. Jar Jar was a lot to take it for the first movie.

Life goals!

Yesterday's ATTQOTD: I'm doing my first Turkey Trout this year. It's an 8K. As for other holiday races. I have two lined up in December. One isn't holidayed themed and the other is called the 12K's of Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter