The Running Thread--2024

I saw someone do that on the Mid-Mountain Marathon back in ‘19. Really surprised I didn’t see blood anywhere as it’s quite jagged in places. One was broken and left behind on the trail about two miles from the finish. Crazy stuff
Right? Leave aside the lack of support or whatever, I kept imagining him stepping funny and stubbing a toe on the asphalt at a kind of high impact, or scraping something.

Barefoot runners make me do this 😱 I just think of all the things I come across on roads and sidewalks and it makes me cringe thinking about stepping on them with no shoes. Nails, glass, bird poop……..
I didn't mention this flip-flop man was running on the streets of Philadelphia... just add on the number of things you could step on here, and the cobblestone streets in the historic neighborhoods. I'm always worried about my dog walking around barefoot let alone a person at a faster pace.

Barefoot runners make me do this 😱 I just think of all the things I come across on roads and sidewalks and it makes me cringe thinking about stepping on them with no shoes. Nails, glass, bird poop……..
… needles, half a rotting T-Bone steak, too many roofing nails and screws to count… (all things I’ve seen on the well-maintained, super safe suburban sidewalks I run) Hard pass from me on ever being barefoot! Heck, even the grass isn’t safe, thanks to a milliony fire ant mounds everywhere you look!

… needles, half a rotting T-Bone steak, too many roofing nails and screws to count… (all things I’ve seen on the well-maintained, super safe suburban sidewalks I run) Hard pass from me on ever being barefoot! Heck, even the grass isn’t safe, thanks to a milliony fire ant mounds everywhere you look!
You're so paranoid. What's the worst that can happen? Pain? Gangrene? Death??

Definitely don’t miss the fire ants from our farm. Didn’t matter how much we treated for them. They were everywhere. I found a huge mound in my garage once that appeared overnight.

Definitely don’t miss the fire ants from our farm. Didn’t matter how much we treated for them. They were everywhere. I found a huge mound in my garage once that appeared overnight.
Bleck! I was bitten by a fire ant when I was four when we lived in Austin. Even when it's not fire ants, it's those red ants that bite.

Has anyone ever had any luck registering for an event via the Telegram or Dis cord route? So far I have gotten 2 notices of race opening only to get a closed notice 1-2 minutes later. Even if you are perched waiting at the keyboard it is impossible to fill in the required info that quickly.

Wondering if it is even worth it have the alerts.

Has anyone ever had any luck registering for an event via the Telegram or Dis cord route? So far I have gotten 2 notices of race opening only to get a closed notice 1-2 minutes later. Even if you are perched waiting at the keyboard it is impossible to fill in the required info that quickly.

I haven't used it but there's a way to have all your info ready to autofill. Not sure if I can share the link or not, but I'll try: teamrundisney.com/chrome-rundisautofill

Yes. I got in for two challenges, a half, two 5K and two 10K. I was even able to get my POT in (both challenge bibs were after POT deadline). However, I got into the challenges, the half and one of the 10K before an alert even went out. An alert went out for a different distance and I refreshed like a mad woman for what I needed to show up. I missed out quite a few times before I got my bibs. My husband was able to get a 10 miler bib and used the chrome extension.

ETA: autofill is your friend. I had all my info as well as my credit card saved in safari. My emergency contact was myself because it was faster to just autofill it instead of typing in something else. That you can go back and update at any time. For the questions like how many races have you done, etc I just clicked away without reading.

Not that anyone asked, but out of curiosity I looked up Mid-Mountain Marathon and it is now a 50k, if anyone is interested. I still recommend the Jupiter Peak Steeplechase more if anyone wants to try something different.

I haven't used it but there's a way to have all your info ready to autofill. Not sure if I can share the link or not, but I'll try: teamrundisney.com/chrome-rundisautofill

Thanks. I will give this a try....if it ever opens again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter