The Running Thread--2024

January running:

76.02 miles
12:11 avg pace

Another marathon weekend in the books. Marathon didn’t turn out exactly how I had hoped but it is what it is. Recovery has been really good so there is that. The toenail finally bit the dust but it has had zero affect on my running. 😁

I can’t believe January is in the books already!

I don’t know about anyone else, but my ultras have taken much longer than 30 minutes :rotfl2:
I was thinking the same thing when I read that!

On a serious note, ultras are a lot of fun. The races are smaller, the courses are generally quite interesting, and the community is very friendly and supportive. Plus, the aid stations are more like buffet tables. You’ll never go hungry during one.
Second this a lot. But it's a different type of training than road racing, because it's generally quite hilly.

ATTQOTD: Nothing. I truly have no "racing" goals. I am debating whether or not I even want to "participate in a race". It would have to have some unique appeal to it. I still plan to run, but mainly for enjoyment.

Yeah, so since I decided to volunteer again at Boston, I decided to sign up for the 5k on Saturday. My daughter has run it (as a runner and as a guide for a visually impaired runner) and agrees that it is something to run "for fun" as opposed to time. But why was I still embarrassed to put in my expected finish time (and a stretch at that).

January 2024 Totals
Running Distance: 162.25 miles
Running Time: 28:40:49
Traditional Strength Training Time: 5:32:24
Core Training: 1:10:13
Pilates/Yoga: 2:18:48

My big "A" race is coming up which is the Publix A1A Fort Lauderdale Half Marathon. I have been using the Hanson's Intermediate plan with my goal of getting under 1:53. Based on my training, my fitness level should result in a finish time of 1:50. Unfortunately though, I have been hit with some injuries causing me to miss some key workouts in the recent weeks. First, I strained my left hamstring two weeks ago causing me to miss a tempo workout. Then, my pain migrated from my hamstring to my left knee causing me to miss a speed session, a tempo workout and a long run. Fortunately, I was able to do my speed session yesterday after work (4 x 1.5 M) and I hit all of my paces pain free.

January 2024:
Distance: 65.9 miles (helped a lot by a couple o' longer runs at the beginning of the month...)
Total time: 12:59:36 hours
326,005 steps for 175.8 miles
Strength: I dunno, let me look up how many conf calls where I was not on camera.

And if I hadn't been looking up this info right before going to sleep last night, I'd have jogged up the street for a nice round 66 miles and 13 hours. Just dang.

January Totals:
Running- 48.2mi (Dopey, plus I think 2 other treadmill runs mid-month? I did not make up the HM miles.)
Cardio (reffing)- ~16.5hrs (I lost my watch charger and had a dead watch for 4 days while I waited for a new one to get delivered.) Not bad considering that's over a 2.5 week period.
What sport do you ref? Based on the time of year I'm guessing basketball?

January:

Distance: 76.2 miles
Time: 17:23:09
Avg Pace: 13:41

Not bad for getting back into consistent running - this is up from ~40 miles in each of the previous months, and very little running between January and November last year. I've got a new Hansons-inspired HM training plan, and I'm starting to see my conditioning come back to me.

Most fun run:
I spent a week in Vancouver, Canada, where I went on several 6-milers along the Stanley Park Seawall! Nothing like running in the dark when it's 40 degrees and rainy, but it was somehow still kinda lovely. That's Canada for you, I guess.

January total: 70 miles

A little less miles than I wanted, but I have successfully managed to strength train twice a week for the last 3 months - a HUGE win for me!

I'm going into this weekend's Groundhog half marathon a bit undertrained, but plan to take it easy. @Baloo in MI Good luck on Saturday!! Look for me, I'll be wearing a pink tutu and a brown Groundhog hat. :)

January totals:
I got away from recording monthly totals here last year so going to try and get back into the habit.

Running: 13 runs, 97.2 miles
Walking: 23 walks, 96.86 miles
Strength Training: 14 sessions

Running the Groundhog Day Marathon on Saturday, no time goal and will probably use the early start anyway. But really looking forward to a fun and beautiful winter run. (Might be singing a different tune on Saturday morning…)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter