The Single Girl's Guide to Doing WDW Solo - A Sept. 2014 Trip Report (COMPLETED)

Hey Billie! I know I'm late to the party but I just wrapped your TR - absolutely loved it! Sounds like you had a fabulous time and you came away with so many beautiful pictures! I like the two that are contenders for framing :goodvibes Which did you choose?
Hi, Tracy! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Welcome! :hug: As for photos... Neither yet. Haha. I can't decide! Just last night I was looking at the two lovely frames I bought during my trip and thinking I REALLY need to get serious and decide what's going in them! :rotfl:

Hi Billie,

You have an awesome trip report! I just read it and it was really fun to read! Just wanted to say thanks and happy planning for your next trip!

-Marshall

Hi Billie,

You have an awesome trip report! I just read it and it was really fun to read! Just wanted to say thanks and happy planning for your next trip!

-Marshall
Hi, Marshall! :wave2: Thank you for commenting! It tickles me pink to know people are still reading and enjoying this Trip Report months after it's completion! I'm doing a PTR as well for the next one, if you'd like to join in! Speaking of PTRs... I'm off to peek at yours now! :goodvibes

I know I'm way late here but I stumbled on your TR while looking at the Solo boards. I just got the idea (and realized it's possible) for my first solo trip!

I loved reading your TR! You crack me up - love your writing style. I also love that you had so many ADRs! I've been struggling with the idea of doing a TS alone. But now I'm confident that I want to do at least one! I'm thinking Ohana or California Grill during Wishes!

Over to catch up on your PTR!

Oh man! I think you and I would get along fabulously, and I've only read about 2 posts so far! Time to continue reading...

I just finished reading through your TR. I loved all your pictures!

I was seriously putting in my angry eyes with people just walking in front of you. I think that while people are trying to have their best vacation, they often forget that others are trying to do the same. Manners should NOT be on the back burner. Boo on them!!

I'm so glad you had such a good time! Thank you so much for sharing!! PS: Love the tiara and both sets of ears! SO MUCH CUTE!!!

Hi and I just would like to say that we are soul sistas. I am Disney obsessed and have trouble finding people to go to Disney World with. Why tho??? If someone asked me to go I would be on it like nobody's business. I finally got back to WDW after 15 loooong years of not going to my happy place. Funny enough I went at almost the same time as you. I finally convinced a friend to go - we went Sept 22 -29th and had an awesome timem but a loooot of rain. I so want to go back this year but friend is dragging her feet or butt on it. I have come to the conclusion that eventually I will have to go solo so I am quite interested reading your trip report. Going back to reading your report and quite enjoying it.

I know I'm way late here but I stumbled on your TR while looking at the Solo boards. I just got the idea (and realized it's possible) for my first solo trip!

I loved reading your TR! You crack me up - love your writing style. I also love that you had so many ADRs! I've been struggling with the idea of doing a TS alone. But now I'm confident that I want to do at least one! I'm thinking Ohana or California Grill during Wishes!

Over to catch up on your PTR!
Hi! I'm so glad you enjoyed my TR! Solo WDW is the bessssssssssttttt. And dude, lemme tell ya, I go to Disney to EAT! :thumbsup2 I loooove me some ADRs. But at home, I often go out to eat alone or catch a movie by myself, so I'm totally comfortable. Definitely go for Ohana! It's one of my favorites! :cloud9:

Oh man! I think you and I would get along fabulously, and I've only read about 2 posts so far! Time to continue reading...
Yay! Welcome! :hug: I hope you enjoyed reading through my crazy week!

I just finished reading through your TR. I loved all your pictures!

I was seriously putting in my angry eyes with people just walking in front of you. I think that while people are trying to have their best vacation, they often forget that others are trying to do the same. Manners should NOT be on the back burner. Boo on them!!

I'm so glad you had such a good time! Thank you so much for sharing!! PS: Love the tiara and both sets of ears! SO MUCH CUTE!!!
Happy to hear you liked the TR! :goodvibes And yeah, you're absolutely right about people forgetting their manners. I do my best to just let it roll off my back, but there's definite moments where it drives me crazy! :scared: That's okay. I'mma just wear my tiara proudly and get my princess on! princess:

Hi and I just would like to say that we are soul sistas. I am Disney obsessed and have trouble finding people to go to Disney World with. Why tho??? If someone asked me to go I would be on it like nobody's business. I finally got back to WDW after 15 loooong years of not going to my happy place. Funny enough I went at almost the same time as you. I finally convinced a friend to go - we went Sept 22 -29th and had an awesome timem but a loooot of rain. I so want to go back this year but friend is dragging her feet or butt on it. I have come to the conclusion that eventually I will have to go solo so I am quite interested reading your trip report. Going back to reading your report and quite enjoying it.
Whaddup, soul sista! :teeth: Tell your friend to get her act together or else you're going by yourself! :P You might even have a better time! This trip was my 9th time at WDW, and my first solo trip, and I felt like it was the best one yet. The freedom to just come and go as you please without ever once having to consider another person is just so liberating! :cutie:

Great trip report, glad you had a great time! Thanx for sharing.

Just read your TR from beginning to end. Loved it! My husband & I were there the same time as you, September 19-Oct 1, and it was hands down, the rainiest/cloudiest Disney trip we've ever been on, and I've been on a lot! I even did two solo trips and left the family at home. Missed them, but there's something to be said for being able to do what you want, when you want. Your tiara looked beautiful on you, and you're pictures were great! Would have loved to have met up to say hi. Maybe one of our future trips will coincide! Off to read your dining report. :)

Just read your TR from beginning to end. Loved it! My husband & I were there the same time as you, September 19-Oct 1, and it was hands down, the rainiest/cloudiest Disney trip we've ever been on, and I've been on a lot! I even did two solo trips and left the family at home. Missed them, but there's something to be said for being able to do what you want, when you want. Your tiara looked beautiful on you, and you're pictures were great! Would have loved to have met up to say hi. Maybe one of our future trips will coincide! Off to read your dining report. :)
Hi, Teresa! :wave2: I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip report!

Wasn't that weather RIDICULOUS?! :eek: I'm officially D-O-N-E with September in Florida. This year's trip is for December, and the next one I think I'm going to do over the last week of October.

Solo trips are THE. FREAKIN'. BEST. Seriously. I'm happy to have company on the next one, but I'm also looking forward to the next solo trip in a big way. :cloud9:

Oh, that silly tiara. So much joy for only $50 bucks! Best purchase of the whole trip. :cutie:

Just finished reading-loved it!!! I'm going solo 12/6-12/9 and reading your report really got me even more excited!!

Just finished reading-loved it!!! I'm going solo 12/6-12/9 and reading your report really got me even more excited!!
Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed the report! I'll be there (non-solo this time) the same time you will be, 12/4-12/11! If you spot a big goofy brunette on a pink scooter, rollin' out in her facepaint and Minnie ears or a tiara, don't be afraid to say hi! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter