The Single Girl's Guide to Doing WDW Solo - A Sept. 2014 Trip Report (COMPLETED)

Yea an update!! You go girl!! :)

How awesome you were the first of the day to ride EE! My kids and I were on the 2nd of the day and it was awesome! I've always been a big chicken when it comes to coasters but I loved it. I really liked AK but we only spent a couple of hours there one EMH morning before heading to MK for the day. With only two days to do all 4 parks so it was totally divide and conquer time!

Once again, the tiara.... Spectacular

Ok that Mack n cheese hot dog....what????? Total yummo. How did we miss that one??

Im sad with you for your last day at Pop :(. I hated leaving AoA, but till we meet again.....

Great update! I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt lost because of the walls at AK. They made the park feel crowded and I kept losing my bearings. I really hope they are all gone by next summer, because I love AK but it was definitely not as enjoyable this trip. (The downpour didn't help either.)
I would hope there will at least be LESS in the way of construction walls next. I got there expecting to just see them near the former Camp Minnie Mickey/Soon-to-Be Pandora. But I was was shocked to find them all around the Tree of Life, as well as through Africa, Asia, and DinoLand. :confused3

First i have to comment on the Hot dog. man alive did it look DELISH!!!

Great to hear the rental company brought you a shiney new scooter! YAY!

Love all your pictures as usual. love the tiara! YOU ROCK IT!

Geesh! you went from one end of AK to the other no wonder you were tired! and we love Tusker house for breakfast!!! LOVE! Everest is one of our favorites too!!!

Any ride is one of our favorites... :rotfl2:

your doing a great job on your TR!
The hot dog was AMAZING. It made up for them yanking the Mac n Cheese Bread Cones from the Hollywood Hills eatery. (I saw them online before my trip and was really looking forward to them!)

Haha, well. While being scooter-bound certainly has it's disadvantages (like in crowds and on busses), one of the few plusses is the ability to run from one end of the park and back as many times as I like without hating life. :rotfl: But I still managed to hit a mid-day slump each day regardless. I'm gettin' old, man!

Thanks for the encouragement on the TR! I've just been in a Disney funk. Those post-WDW blues caught up to me and are kicking my butt! I will get caught up on yours soon, I promise! :hug:

Yea an update!! You go girl!! :)

How awesome you were the first of the day to ride EE! My kids and I were on the 2nd of the day and it was awesome! I've always been a big chicken when it comes to coasters but I loved it. I really liked AK but we only spent a couple of hours there one EMH morning before heading to MK for the day. With only two days to do all 4 parks so it was totally divide and conquer time!

Once again, the tiara.... Spectacular

Ok that Mack n cheese hot dog....what????? Total yummo. How did we miss that one??

Im sad with you for your last day at Pop :(. I hated leaving AoA, but till we meet again.....
Well, I wasn't the first train of the day at EE. Just the first person to saunter on up in the Single Rider line. :lmao: And every train has at least one single seat available, so I literally had NO waiting, they put me right on. :thumbsup2

I really so love my stupid tiara so hard. :lovestruc

The hot dog is VERY easy to miss! I would have, had I not jumped in the line for Fairfax Fare to get my turkey leg earlier in the week!

Checking out of Pop made me super sad. :( But I had a full day of Magic Kingdom to look forward to the next day, so at least I had that for comfort! ::yes::

I totally sympathize with the other single rider who waited in the regular line at EE. I waited in line for 60 minutes at RnRC in July because I didn't know the single rider line was a thing in existence. Not fun.

I'm so happy to see single people going to character meals! I love character meals, and if I go on a solo trip, I feel like I would have to give them up because I would feel too awkward by myself. Seeing other singles at them makes me happy.

Was the mac and cheese hot dog really that good? Mac and cheese sketches me out a little bit in a weird way. When it's good, it's really good, but when it's bad... *shudders* I wanted to try it when I went, but I wasn't sure which it'd be. I'll have to try it next time, I guess!

AWWW to leaving POP. I hope the next hotel was just as nice!

Loving this TR :-)

I've really enjoyed reading through your TR :goodvibes

The Disney face painting is really good, I don't think I've ever really seen pictures of it before.

I think the AOA Little Mermaid rooms are a good choice for next time, I was able to stay there one night on my last trip and I was blown away by how nice the whole resort is.

Hmmm, I was just going to say it must be the outlet that's causing the non charging, but well, you covered that, lol. Nice that the rental company was so accommodating. In fact, wow, that is great service.

OK, not that I'm happy with the weather AT ALL. But I will admit that it makes me feel a tiny bit better knowing that it wasn't JUST my week. Sorry. :)

Everest is absolutely the best. The end.

I am still trying to figure out the differences lately in Dino photos. Mine have always been looking right (even Sept), but I keep seeing more and more looking left. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Haha, you know it's funny but I so often pair Animal Kingdom with Fantasmic. I guess for now I consider Fantasmic Animal Kingdom's night time show. :goodvibes

Billie, I'm trying to catch up which has been impossible (my mother's caregiver, my brother, is now in the hospital and it has been an exhausting week with no sign of improvement).

You are much braver than me riding EE. I did it in June on our girls trip and I informed my 10 year old little friend NEVER AGAIN. I was done with that ride forever.

Love your picture on Dinosaur.

Sorry about the crowds on the trails.

I think your Fantasmic pictures turned out pretty good.

And I'm with you...so glad we made it over for the Frozen fireworks...they were awesome.

I totally sympathize with the other single rider who waited in the regular line at EE. I waited in line for 60 minutes at RnRC in July because I didn't know the single rider line was a thing in existence. Not fun.
Oh no!!! I did Single Rider at RnR too earlier in the week. I'd always seen and read about the Single Rider lines, but never used them. With being solo, I was determined to take advantage of as many as I could!

I'm so happy to see single people going to character meals! I love character meals, and if I go on a solo trip, I feel like I would have to give them up because I would feel too awkward by myself. Seeing other singles at them makes me happy.
You know, I really debated on my character meals, almost cancelled them a couple of times. I'm really glad I didn't! I love character meals, and I ended up have a fantastic solo time at each!

Was the mac and cheese hot dog really that good? Mac and cheese sketches me out a little bit in a weird way. When it's good, it's really good, but when it's bad... *shudders* I wanted to try it when I went, but I wasn't sure which it'd be. I'll have to try it next time, I guess!
Haha, well, it was your usual Disney man & cheese. Very creamy. And the bacon made it perfect. It really complemented the hot dog. It was just one of those fun, Disney-only kind of food experiences!

AWWW to leaving POP. I hope the next hotel was just as nice!
Nothing is as nice as a Disney hotel. The off-prop place I went to was adequate, and fine for one night, but nothing special. But I got an insane deal on it through work, so I can't complain! Switching for the one night saved me a ton of money.

Loving this TR :-)
Thanks!! I've only got one (long) day left, and a then my travel home day, so I'm going to try to finish the TR up this weekend! Fingers crossed. No promises. :cutie:

I've really enjoyed reading through your TR :goodvibes
Yay, I'm so very glad to hear it!

The Disney face painting is really good, I don't think I've ever really seen pictures of it before.
I absolutely LOVE Disney's face painting! I pretty much in the 1% of adults who take advantage of it, I think. I had planned on doing it more days, but once I had that tiara, I didn't think it would work as well as it did with the ears.

I think the AOA Little Mermaid rooms are a good choice for next time, I was able to stay there one night on my last trip and I was blown away by how nice the whole resort is.
It's SO lovely! I picked it when I was planning a solo trip for next year. On my scooter, the distance from the Little Mermaid rooms to the lobby isn't a big deal. But now that my Aunt & Uncle will be joining me, I worry more about it. I'm going to keep my eye out over the year, and if I can nab a decent discount, I might be upgrading us to Port Orleans French Quarter, and just save AoA for my next solo trip (probably 2017). Time will tell, we'll see what the next year brings!

Hmmm, I was just going to say it must be the outlet that's causing the non charging, but well, you covered that, lol. Nice that the rental company was so accommodating. In fact, wow, that is great service.
Oh, they were awesome. I HIGHLY recommend Buena Vista Scooters. I've used them several times before for my clients (they pay commission to travel agents) we've always had a fantastic experience with them!

OK, not that I'm happy with the weather AT ALL. But I will admit that it makes me feel a tiny bit better knowing that it wasn't JUST my week. Sorry. :)
It seems like on all of the TRs I've been reading from Aug/Sept, the weather was crappy! Lesson learned: No more traveling during the rainy season!

Everest is absolutely the best. The end.
THIS. :thumbsup2

I am still trying to figure out the differences lately in Dino photos. Mine have always been looking right (even Sept), but I keep seeing more and more looking left. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
Does it have two tracks? Or maybe two different spots where the photo happens? :confused3

Haha, you know it's funny but I so often pair Animal Kingdom with Fantasmic. I guess for now I consider Fantasmic Animal Kingdom's night time show. :goodvibes
I completely 100% agree! I nearly always do it this way, schedule permitting! :goodvibes

Billie, I'm trying to catch up which has been impossible (my mother's caregiver, my brother, is now in the hospital and it has been an exhausting week with no sign of improvement).
I completely understand! As you may have noticed, I'm waaaaaay behind on your TR and all the others that I follow! I've got to sit down at some point and get caught up, I feel like I'm missing out on so much. I'm sorry to hear about your brother and I knew about your Mom. Lots and lots of love and prayers are being sent your way, girl! :hug:

You are much braver than me riding EE. I did it in June on our girls trip and I informed my 10 year old little friend NEVER AGAIN. I was done with that ride forever.
Haha, you poor thing! I LOVE roller coasters. For me my motion sickness is triggered more by stuff like Primeval Whirl and Mission Space, Orange. I just can't handle spinny things! :crazy2:

Love your picture on Dinosaur.
It tickles me to death! I look so out of place with those people! :lmao:

Sorry about the crowds on the trails.
Thanks. It was even worse at MK the next day. I don't begrudge people doing their thing and having fun. I just wish that those same people could be courteous and allow me to do my thing and have my fun, too. :rolleyes2

I think your Fantasmic pictures turned out pretty good.
Good if you like blurry photos! :rotfl:

And I'm with you...so glad we made it over for the Frozen fireworks...they were awesome.
Yeah, I was surprised how much I liked them! It was a good show! ::yes::

We live in savannah.takes us about 5 1/2 hours to get there.We usually drive slow and hit the Florida welcome center for free orange juice!Straight shot and only 2 different roadsI-95&I-4!

Wow! What an expressive trip review! I've stayed up for hours longer than planned because I couldn't stop reading. I'll be going solo in a couple of weeks and am even more excited after reading your posts and seeing your great pictures. My family and friends don't have the Disney spirit, and I too am looking forward to immersing myself in my happy place without having to entertain my travelling companion.
Hi, and welcome! :wave2: I'm so glad you found my TR. One of my hopes for it was that it would inspire and encourage others traveling solo to WDW. Believe me, you're going to have a BLAST! It's so liberating to just come and go as you please, at your whim, without having to discuss it with another person and get their approval. GO! DO! BE! Have an AWESOME trip! :goodvibes

We live in savannah.takes us about 5 1/2 hours to get there.We usually drive slow and hit the Florida welcome center for free orange juice!Straight shot and only 2 different roadsI-95&I-4!
I'm 45 minutes north of Savannah on I-95. It takes me about the same amount of time to drive down to WDW. No welcome centers for me, though. I make one stop in St. Mary's (GA) for gas, and that's it. I gotta get to Disney! :drive:

Subscribing! :goodvibes Not to go back and play catch up...
Welcome!! :wave2: I hope you enjoy! I had meant to finish up the TR and DR this weekend, but alas... it just didn't happen. I've been busy being a book nerd and not on the computer much. :lmao:

Hi, Followers! :grouphug: I promise an update this weekend, even if I have to chain myself to my computer! There's only one (very) full day and a travel day left, so ideally, I'll be finishing the report up. Thank you all for hanging in there with me!! :cutie:

I'm so glad to hear about your great experiences with character meals. It makes me feel better about the one I have for my solo trip.

I'm so glad to hear about your great experiences with character meals. It makes me feel better about the one I have for my solo trip.
You'll have a great time! I was really kinda nervous about them before I went, and nearly cancelled them. I'm soooo glad that I didn't! :thumbsup2

I had read about your tiara before we left for our Oct trip and decided that it would be fun to wear one, especially for MNSSHP. Unfortunately, they were either ugly, for brides, or for little girls to wear for birthday parties and Halloween costumes. I never did get one. That was really nice of your boss to let you wear your tiara at work. :thumbsup2

We saw La Nouba last March. My sister had bought tickets for the front row. We were right up against the stage and the bike riders looked like they were going to roll right into us. :faint: They really weren't very good seats because you didn't have a view of the action as a whole. Everything was too close up and it all looked like a bunch of disconnected activity. But I did enjoy the trampoline part with them jumping off the building. :thumbsup2

That is really some service to have your scooter delivered right to where you were in the park. I thought for sure that you'd have to meet them at the front.

We had eaten at Tusker House for breakfast back when Donald was still in the entry picture. That picture took a long time, delaying the seating of the crowd. Maybe that is why they took him out of the shot. But as a result, there really isn't any point to the picture. Now it is like the one that they take for the Happily Ever After dinner at GF, a picture without characters.

We were viewing the Frozen fireworks the same night that you were there. We were up by the Crossroads booth so that we could beat the crowds out. I decided to wisely stand behind some people in wheelchairs because I knew that I wouldn't get anyone tall in front of me that way. But I was surprised to see how many rude people would stand right in front of the wheelchairs, blocking the view for those people. But in general, most of the crowd gave them some room once they noticed what they were doing.

I had read about your tiara before we left for our Oct trip and decided that it would be fun to wear one, especially for MNSSHP. Unfortunately, they were either ugly, for brides, or for little girls to wear for birthday parties and Halloween costumes. I never did get one. That was really nice of your boss to let you wear your tiara at work. :thumbsup2
Really? Did you check Arribas Bros. at Downtown Disney? That's where I found mine, they had a great selection!

We saw La Nouba last March. My sister had bought tickets for the front row. We were right up against the stage and the bike riders looked like they were going to roll right into us. :faint: They really weren't very good seats because you didn't have a view of the action as a whole. Everything was too close up and it all looked like a bunch of disconnected activity. But I did enjoy the trampoline part with them jumping off the building. :thumbsup2
Yeah, I wouldn't want to be right on top of the stage either. I didn't mind how high up I was, I just wish I could have been more centered instead of waaaaaay off to the side. But I didn't want to pay anymore than I did, and I liked that I was able to nab an aisle seat. And I still really enjoyed the show! :thumbsup2

That is really some service to have your scooter delivered right to where you were in the park. I thought for sure that you'd have to meet them at the front.
Buena Vista Scooters is a great company. I've already booked them for my trip next year!

We had eaten at Tusker House for breakfast back when Donald was still in the entry picture. That picture took a long time, delaying the seating of the crowd. Maybe that is why they took him out of the shot. But as a result, there really isn't any point to the picture. Now it is like the one that they take for the Happily Ever After dinner at GF, a picture without characters.
It makes me wonder why they even still have the PP photographers stationed there at all. :confused3

We were viewing the Frozen fireworks the same night that you were there. We were up by the Crossroads booth so that we could beat the crowds out. I decided to wisely stand behind some people in wheelchairs because I knew that I wouldn't get anyone tall in front of me that way. But I was surprised to see how many rude people would stand right in front of the wheelchairs, blocking the view for those people. But in general, most of the crowd gave them some room once they noticed what they were doing.
I ran into this a lot. :sad2: I try not to abuse the system and only use wheelchair lines/sections when I need to. But for parades and fireworks, I learned that I'm going to have to utilize them more liberally. The worst was the last day of the trip, at MK, which I haven't gotten to yet in this report. I staked out my spot for Wishes, and by the time it started, all I could see was the top spire of the castle. Forget about the projection show, the only way I could see that was in the screens of the iPads the people were holding up over their heads to record it. :worried: I'll know better for next time!

DAY 8 - Part 1
Sept. 27th, 2014 - Saturday

Goodbye Pop Century / Magic Kingdom (Chapter One)

I woke up on my last morning, feeling totally conflicted. On the one hand I was super excited to be spending the whole day at Magic Kingdom! And on the other, I was super sad to be checking out of Pop Century. My solution?

Skip rope drop and sleep-in, take my time checking out, have breakfast, and hit the park around 11am. That's logical, right?

Kk7GNOyTvR9gk.gif

So that's what I did! I caught a few extra zzz's, then once I was up and moving, it didn't take long to load up the car. I went ahead and moved it around to the front near check-in, then took my time walking back to my room, Then I grabbed my things for the day, took one last look around my home for the last week, and closed the door.

irPxRRzMTMFd6.gif

Then I pulled myself up by my boot straps, so to speak, hopped on my scooter and headed back up to Everything Pop for a bite to eat. They were still serving breakfast, so that gave me to try this beauty that I almost got earlier in the week:

20140927_113158.jpg

Make-Your-Own-Omelet, Biscuit, and Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. YUM!! (I write more about it in my Dining Report, found HERE!)

While I was sitting there, I indulged in a few silly selfies...

FB_IMG_1411833161602.jpg

20140927_115458.jpg

Can you tell I was reluctant to leave?

I looked at the time and new I needed to get going, and caught the bus to Magic Kingdom! YAY!

First order of business? Stop for some PP photos! (As you can see, the skies were looking as lovely as ever...)

MK_MSATHCLB_7058868878.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7058866672.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7058866671.jpeg

20140927_130330-1-1.jpg

Then started making my way over to New Fantasyland. I had a date with this guy:

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7059066967.jpeg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7059067362.jpeg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7059067365.jpeg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7059067367.jpeg

HE. WAS. HILARIOUS. Best character meet of the entire trip, hands down. I wish I had a video of it, I would have paid good money for it!

I wandered around a bit after this, the crowds were CRAZY compared to was I saw on the first day or my trip. I checked the time and it was about 2 hours until the Festival of Fantasy parade. This was a new parade for me, and I was super excited to see it, definitely didn't want to miss out. I headed over to Liberty Square, and thought it might be a good idea to grab some lunch beforehand, otherwise I'd likely be starving by the time the parade ended.

Oh, hello Columbia Harbor House! The lines was absolutely insane, backed up all the way out the front door. Every table filled, even upstairs! As I reached the top of my stairs with my tray, a big table for 5 was just clearing out so I nabbed it. I felt bad taking such a large table to myself though, so I left my food and wandered around a bit to see if I could see anything smaller that was empty. Nothing. Not one single table.

Just as I was about to give up, I saw a family of 4 about to grab a table for 2 that people were vacating. I tabbed the lady on the shoulder, and explained the situation, and asked if she would like to trade tables. She was VERY grateful, and thanked me over and over. I was just happy not to have to sit there trying to enjoy my lunch while catching the stink-eye from families because I was sitting alone at a big table! Haha.

Once I was finally settled in, I dug into this tasty treat!

20140927_141649-1.jpg

Lobster Roll, YUM!!!!!

After lunch it was getting closer to time, I could see people starting to line up along the pathways, so I asked a CM for directions to the wheelchair viewing area. It was just around the corner and still had space, so I zipped on in.

And then... the rain began. On the poncho went again.

GVoq2dMlEdxao.gif

There was a really nice female CM standing there chatting with all of us in the section, explaining that they may have to cancel the parade, etc. Noooo!

Sadly, it DID get cancelled. The announcement came down at about 2:45pm. And, wouldn't you know it... the ran stopped right at 3pm on the dot. Go figure!

So we all moved on, and I wandered on down to Pirate's of the Caribbean to use my first FastPass+ of the day! The line was longer than I've ever seen it, but thankfully with the FP, it didn't take too long at all. YO HO!

As I made my way out of Adventureland, I spotted another tasty treat I had to to have. After another wait in another long line, I acquired this beauty...

20140927_153751.jpg

Dole Whip time, woo!!!

20140927_154510.jpg

Awwww yeah. That's the stuff!

I headed on back towards the Castle and stopped for more PP photos!

MK_LIBRTBRG_7059029064.jpeg

MK_LIBRTBRG_7059029061.jpeg

Then I dipped into use another FastPass+, this one the last that Stephanie at Pop Century gave me back on check-in day. I happily took my flight with Peter Pan! (Very gratefully too, as the line was INSANE!)

Then to use another FastPass, this one I scheduled exactly 60 days out... That's right! It's time for my first trip aboard the Seven Drawfs Mine Train! Hi-ho, hi-ho! It's off to ride I go!

MK_MINETRAIN_7059043190.jpeg

And of course, here's the VIDEO! (Front car, second row): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOae-mde1Ss

I loved it! I know a lot of people have been complaining about it being too short or not great, but I haters gonna hate! I had a blast!

As I left there, I came across another PhotoPass opportunity, I thought these ones turned out super cute!

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7058905664.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7058905665.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7058905663.jpeg

By this point it was close enough to time for me to go check-in for my very hard-fought dinner reservation. Where at? I bet you can take a guess!

vXFb9HdE4LXaw.gif

Up Next... Magic Kingdom (Chapter Two)!

DAY 8 - Part 2
Sept. 27th, 2014 - Saturday

Magic Kingdom (Chapter Two)

Dinner time! I was soooooo excited about this dinner reservation! I ended up rearranging my trip around the one day I was able to land it for, but I'm glad I did!

I know a lot of people have been giving Be Our Guest less-than-flattering reviews, but I LOVED it! So to these people, Beast and I say...

rrdXimUXjE69G.gif

I got there a few minutes too early to check-in, so I sat and waited for about 10 minutes until I could. In that time, I watched no less than 4 people walk up and the hosts have to explain that reservations are required. I felt pretty bad for them. I would imagine that it's hard to keep on the bright and sunny Disney veneer when it's that repetitive, especially when that repetition involves disappointing and potentially upsetting people all day long. I've worked in customer service for 20 years, and I know that situation would wear on me badly. I wish they would post a sign or something.

Once I was able to check in, they gave me a pager and sent me across the bridge to wait. There was a little area to the side where people were parking their strollers and ECVs, so that worked out well for me.

20140927_175149-1.jpg

I decided to introduce myself to one of the castle guards...

20140927_174501.jpg

Is it just me, or does he look hungry too?

After about 10-15 minutes, my pager went off a host came to fetch me. Cue one of the more awkward solo experiences of my trip...

I guess he didn't get the memo from the first set of CMs (up at the podium) that my Party of 2 had become a Party of 1... Me. You see, when I originally booked, there was a slim chance of a friend joining me, so I booked all of my ADRS for 2 people. It didn't happen, and I went solo as planned. And for all five ADRs I'd had in the trip up until this point, not one single restaurant CM so much as batted an eyelash about it.

This guy, though... Once I told him, he just acted REALLY confused and awkward about it.

I watched the family before get let in, and the host introduced them to the stone gargoyles inside the foyer, referred to them by name, and I'm sure lots of other cute things that I didn't see once the door closed. But my guy literally just seemed LOST once I told him it was just me. Didn't do anything cute or fun. I almost felt like he couldn't wait to get as far away from me as possible, like I had some sort of contagious FOREVER ALONE disease. It was totally weird. :confused3

He hurriedly lead me to a little table stuffed in a corner of the Ballroom. At first I was a bit disappointed, but I quickly realized that it was quite a blessing! It was MUCH quieter than the rest of the very busy room, private and out of the way, and gave me a decent vantage-point for people-watching.

20140927_175855.jpg

I loved the table setting, I thought it was just lovely!

20140927_175836.jpg

Especially the red rose napkin! So pretty, and such a wonderful touch!

20140927_180211.jpg

And of course... the FOOD teaser photos...

20140927_182807.jpg

20140927_182132.jpg

20140927_181729.jpg

Need more Be Our Guests food photos and details? Visit my Dining Report HERE!

So after a VERY delicious and satisfying meal, I made my way over to the Beast's study. I was thrilled to see that there wasn't any line at all hardly! There was one family already with him, and another waiting. That was it! I waiting patiently for my turn, then the moment arrived!

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7059135218.jpeg

Yay! (I like him because he makes me feel petite! I'm 6'0", so that rarely happens for me!)

As I exited, the family was ahead of me was in the hallway, snapping photos. I was doing the same, and the wife and I started laughing about how MUST TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING. I told her I ever took photos of my food, and she was like OMG ME TOO! I should have asked her if she was DisBoards member... :lmao:

Exiting the castle...

20140927_185125.jpg

20140927_185201.jpg

20140927_185217.jpg

It was nearly dakr now, and this thrilled me. I love the parks at night!

Aside from one FP+ for later, my time was free. So I decided to just meander about and soak up the atmosphere and see what there was so to. I decided to check the wait times on MDE, and saw that Tinkerbel was about 40 minutes, and that I could stay on my ECV through the queue. Perfect, let's goooo!

She was ADORABLE! Went crazy for my tiara.

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7059268625.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7059268621.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7059268624.jpeg

I excited and took a moment to just enjoying the sights and smells of Main Street all lit up at night and alive. I just love it!

Upon checking MDE again, it looked like I might have time to get in a meeting with Ariel in her grotto before my final FL window opened, so I headed back towards New Fantasyland. (This is one of the VERY few benefits of being scooter-bound... I can criss-cross the park as much as I like without hating life!)

On my way back up Main Street, I couldn't resist... I stopped for a photo! (Getting the most out of that Memory Maker, baby!)

MK_MSFIRSTA_7059180032.jpeg

Then I continued on and found my way to the queue for Ariel's Grotto. Sure enough, only a 30 minute wait! Hooray!

Ariel also made conversation about my tiara, "Oh oh, you must be a collector of things too!" And we talked all about our collections of stuff!

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7059212425.jpeg

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7059212426.jpeg

As I was leaving, I stopped for another PP photographer, and patiently waited my turn. And once again, as had happened all week, a woman walked up after me with her little girl, and when my turn came, she cut right in front of me, and ran up to the pose spot. And once again, the photographer said absolutely nothing. Well, I don't know if a week of these was finally making the frustration show on my face, despite trying to hide it...

But just before the photog started snapping, she turned to me and was like "Oh my God, did we just cut in front of you? I am so soooo sorry, that was so rude of me!" And she started to move out of the picture spot, and I stopped her, waved her back towards it, and told her "Oh, it's fine! Really, you've got a little one, it's okay!" She thanked me and they did their pictures. And honestly, I truly meant it. Just the fact that she noticed and apologized was more than enough for me, I was happy to wait then. It was more consideration than many others had shown me that week.

And then I finally got my picture!

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_7059209566.jpeg

Finally, it was time for my final FastPass of the night, and of the trip! I was shocked that I even got this one, and was perfectly fine with it being a night-time one. I was privileged to meet these lovely ladies...

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_7059196808.jpeg

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_7059202675.jpeg

They were both as lovely and charming as could be! And Anna was cute as a button!

Random side note: I'm just now noticing that the lighting in that room made my shirt look orange. WEIRD!

Anyhow! I left there, and the first run of the Main Street Electrical Parade was going on, so I hung a right and went over to Tomorrowland. Just did a cruise around, enjoying the lights and the drinking it all in, knowing this is the last time I would be able to for a while.

Up Next... Magic Kingdom (Chapter Three)!

I love your breakfast selfies!

I think Disney would make a lot of money selling videos of character meets. I made my sister take video of me meeting Gaston (of course, I was super nervous and awkward and I hated how it came out ... but it was the idea that counts).

I'm so sorry the parade got cancelled, that's so sad!

I also loved Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! I do wish it had been a little longer, but it was still super awesome and if the line hadn't been so long, I would have done it again right away.

I also LOVED Be Our Guest, I thought the whole castle was incredible, the staff was fantastic, and the Beast was great! I have to get special not on the menu pre-packaged food, so I don't know what the food was like, but based on the atmosphere and the experience alone, I would definitely go back!

I love all of your pictures. I'm so glad you got a FP+ for Anna and Elsa ... they really are so great!

Sad that it's your last day, but I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter