• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The TRIP of all Trips... Ana's MAW PTR... *TR STARTED* Link- Post #1901 Pg. 127

Tim, WOW, I'm sobbing like a baby over here. I followed two TR's and I didn't know the whole story. WOW! So glad Ana is getting her MAW trip :)

OK I'm in!

Can we still be friends while being arch nemesis'?

[in my best Buzz Lightyear voice] Not Today, Tim!

Actually, yes we can. But don't be offended if I refer to you as "my arch nemesis, that's nice." You may feel free to do the same.:thumbsup2

I am here to help plan Ana's amazing trip! Her story once again brings tears to my eyes. That video was precsious. You are hoping for dates in early Dec right?

I wouldn't miss this one for the world....you have a beautiful daughter...you're a beautiful family. What drew me in was what kind of cancer she had....one of my co-workers daughter's had that exact cancer when she was 4, and I'm happy to say she is a beautiful 29 year old mother of two now.....:flower3:

Can't wait to follow you on your journey:thumbsup2

Anything for you, Timmy. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
:hug:

Tim, WOW, I'm sobbing like a baby over here. I followed two TR's and I didn't know the whole story. WOW! So glad Ana is getting her MAW trip :)
Now I'm following yours!

I told Melody that .. well to quote myself..'Someone that was following my TR booked the same house as we did!'
Melody- 'OH really? That is too funny!'

Yea, well..... my story sounded better before I actually typed it out! :lmao::lmao:

Thanks for following my PTR!

Just found out how to Subbing..Just bookmarked yours.
Welcome to the DIS!;) Most of these forums work the same way so once you get the hang of it, you become a pro very quickly! :)

[in my best Buzz Lightyear voice] Not Today, Tim!

Actually, yes we can. But don't be offended if I refer to you as "my arch nemesis, that's nice." You may feel free to do the same.:thumbsup2
OK that sounds great! Let me try it...

My arch nemesis FreezinRafiki!

Ahhh that felt good! I like it!

I am here to help plan Ana's amazing trip! Her story once again brings tears to my eyes. That video was precsious. You are hoping for dates in early Dec right?
Mary!!!! I need to finish reading your TR.. (well up to this point) I will get there soon!

Thanks for joining! Ever been to SW or US?

Hoping for early December... :surfweb:

I wouldn't miss this one for the world....you have a beautiful daughter...you're a beautiful family. What drew me in was what kind of cancer she had....one of my co-workers daughter's had that exact cancer when she was 4, and I'm happy to say she is a beautiful 29 year old mother of two now.....:flower3:

Can't wait to follow you on your journey:thumbsup2
:welcome:

Thanks for following!!!

Juliana's oncologist was a little amazed that it was a Wilms Tumor. Usually Wilms isn't found in a child as young as Juliana was. It is usually found in 2-5 year olds. Did your co-workers daughter have a nephrectomy too?

Hearing your daughter's story brings tears to my eyes...she is such a beautiful, precious girl and has gone through so much in the short time she's been here.

I'll definitely be following along to hear the details of this upcoming trip

You're a great storyteller Tim. I already knew it, but I was still captivated. I also felt like I could relate every step of the way. No cancer in our family (thank heaven!) but as you know both or our girls have been through various types of hell and came out smiling. How do kids do that??? I also have to compare Ana to Tessa whenever I see her little personality coming out, like the early walking and the cute poses. I was laughing while I watched that video, because she NEVER stops moving the entire shot. It almost makes you dizzy. :rotfl: I can relate!

I know you just barely got started but let me know what you want to know about SW and US. We did all three parks (however briefly) on Phoebe's trip.

Hi Tim! So I made it over from your TR, and I have to say that reading your story brought tears to my eyes. I'm actually a pedi nurse so we actually see our fair share of kids with Wilm's tumors and neuroblastomas, etc where I work. The strength of those kids always amazes me. Your little girl looks like such a ray of sunshine too! :cutie:

I have to say, working in my field, I think it made me more paranoid once I had a kid. I was convinced for a while that my daughter had a Wilm's tumor because her belly seemed so big, but the pedi assured me that it was just a typical toddler belly. She knows where I work so she said I was just a bit skewed in my perception. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thank you for sharing her story and I can't wait to hear all about this new trip. I am sure she will have an amazing time and we will see tons more pictures of her posing up a storm.

OK... I just want to know how you got this posted up here while all the drama was going on with the DDC?!? :lmao: OH!... and HOW did you manage to sprinkle eye-tearing dust into my office as I was reading this PTR? :rotfl2: Thank you for sharing your story with us. I just can't even imagine what it was like to go through what you've been through since we have a perfectly healthy baby girl (except for being jaundice at birth). I'm quite sure you are going to make this a very special trip for Ana. You're a great dad! :thumbsup2

Sub'd popcorn::

Well I'm a bit slow to the dance here Tim, but I'm happy to be here. Your princess is such a beautiful girl, and I hope you enjoy every dance with her for years to come. What an ordeal you and Mel have gone through, but so glad that she is doing well. Looking forward to reading more.

Oh, yeah, and just so you know, I'm now officially :mad: that you picked Barry as your arch nemesis... just because he brought it up first. Sheesh. But since I can't be your arch nemesis, perhaps I'll be your crime fighting co-hort dedicated to wringing out the evil eminating from the northern midwestern bovine territories. (Just don't count on me to wear tights and have snappy little bubbles coming up from my mouth with inane sayings like, holy cats Tim, or shazzam, or anything like that - a Boy Wonder to your Batman I am NOT).

But seriously, I hope that your dates work out as you'd like - and of course, that they work out so you can be there at the same time as other DIS Dad's... who didn't get a chance to meet you in person, but were so very close... gee, I can't imagine who it might be. Hmmm.

Tim, no matter how many times I hear Ana's story, it never fails to amaze me at what a strong, tough, brave and beautiful little girl she is. Looking forward to following another PTR/TR for your family!

Hearing your daughter's story brings tears to my eyes...she is such a beautiful, precious girl and has gone through so much in the short time she's been here.

I'll definitely be following along to hear the details of this upcoming trip
She was/is very brave. One good thing looking back now is she doesn't remember any of it. She sees the pictures and asks questions about why she was there. But she will carry the scars with her forever.

You're a great storyteller Tim. I already knew it, but I was still captivated. I also felt like I could relate every step of the way. No cancer in our family (thank heaven!) but as you know both or our girls have been through various types of hell and came out smiling. How do kids do that??? I also have to compare Ana to Tessa whenever I see her little personality coming out, like the early walking and the cute poses. I was laughing while I watched that video, because she NEVER stops moving the entire shot. It almost makes you dizzy. :rotfl: I can relate!

I know you just barely got started but let me know what you want to know about SW and US. We did all three parks (however briefly) on Phoebe's trip.
I truly believe that kids are 100X stronger than adults. I am amazed when I see what these kids go through at her hospital.

I just kept on taping... she was on a roll! :lmao: It is hard to imagine that she was so sick inside.

Tessa is a firecracker!!! I see similarities between them too!

You will know when I need to know about US & SW! :lmao: SOON!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Hi Tim! So I made it over from your TR, and I have to say that reading your story brought tears to my eyes. I'm actually a pedi nurse so we actually see our fair share of kids with Wilm's tumors and neuroblastomas, etc where I work. The strength of those kids always amazes me. Your little girl looks like such a ray of sunshine too! :cutie:

You guys are a godsend! We love all the nurses that work this the oncology kids. You have a special gift!

I have to say, working in my field, I think it made me more paranoid once I had a kid. I was convinced for a while that my daughter had a Wilm's tumor because her belly seemed so big, but the pedi assured me that it was just a typical toddler belly. She knows where I work so she said I was just a bit skewed in my perception. :rolleyes:
I didn't mention in it my story but when the surgeon was done with Juliana's surgery, he told us he was amazed that our pediatrician even found the mass. He said before the surgery he was feeling her abdomen and could barely feel it- and he knew where to look. She showed no outward signs that anything was wrong. Her tumor was just discovered very early.

Melody is a RN too... I think that makes you more paranoid!!!!! :lmao:

Anyways, thank you for sharing her story and I can't wait to hear all about this new trip. I am sure she will have an amazing time and we will see tons more pictures of her posing up a storm.
Don't worry... she will have plenty of poses!!!! princess:

Wow I'm late...but I'm here now! What an emotional story, so glad Juliana is healthy today!
Thanks for coming over! :welcome:

OK... I just want to know how you got this posted up here while all the drama was going on with the DDC?!? :lmao: OH!... and HOW did you manage to sprinkle eye-tearing dust into my office as I was reading this PTR? :rotfl2: Thank you for sharing your story with us. I just can't even imagine what it was like to go through what you've been through since we have a perfectly healthy baby girl (except for being jaundice at birth). I'm quite sure you are going to make this a very special trip for Ana. You're a great dad! :thumbsup2

Sub'd popcorn::
I slipped it in to DDCIV.. I knew it would get lost though. :confused3

Thanks for coming by and we all would do the same for our kids. Believe me if I could have changed places with her I would of!

I'm trying to make it special... that's why I have to get PLANNING!!!!!!!

The story and video of your little princess made me cry! How scary to go through something like that. So glad she has been cancer free. She is so beautiful!
I'm going to go check out your last Trip report too!:thumbsup2

I followed over here from Kathy's PTR as well....wow...I'm bawling! I have an almost 3 year old and I cannot even FATHOM what you and your wife, and your daughter! went through. Praise God she has been on the road of recovery! What a precious girl you have...I think I need to go kiss my baby one more time. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for following!!!

Juliana's oncologist was a little amazed that it was a Wilms Tumor. Usually Wilms isn't found in a child as young as Juliana was. It is usually found in 2-5 year olds. Did your co-workers daughter have a nephrectomy too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, she did have a nephrectomy. When she was diagnosed she was almost 5 and their oncologist told them she was on the old side to get it.

I told Lianne (my co-worker) that I was following your PTR and she wants me to give her a de-brief every morning....she is such a sweetheat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter