The Unofficial STROLLER Thread

I have tried a friends double with my DD5 who is 47 inches and DS6 who is 50 inches and they were very comfortable even though the measurements may not say so. I couldn't believe how easy it was to maneuver with 100lbs worth of kids. The wheels are bigger than the Mac's which makes it easier to push.

Can't wait to get mine Saturday from Shannon at Orlando Stroller Rentals. She has been great to work with in answering all my questions.

I asked this in the regular part and nobody answered and then I came across this...I am sorry but I didn't have time to flip through to see if this was asked so forgive me...I have a Mac 08 Quest and LOVE IT...bought a sasha's sun cover for it..I was tossing with getting a Techno..and saw it has the uv shield and the extra part unzips and stuff...is this worth it...I am gunna get rid of the Evenflo Journey I have since she is a year now...and maybe get the Techno too...just fo rthat feature...is it worth it..when buying the Quest I was gunna go with the Triumph but wanted the foot extender thing...and the recline was better...plus lightweight...the techno is two lbs lighter than the quest is it a noticeable difference...also which is better for an add on shade...protect a bub or ray shade...pros and cons and recommendations please...also what's the diff between the bubs..i see compact and regular...read that rayshade blows off but that bub is not as appealing to the eye...i want the best protection and the easiest to deal with..plus do u take them on and off how do they fold up..etc..anything and everything please!

For my Mac Quest I use the Valco cupholder..like someone else mentioned it's awesome fits sippy cups bottles adult drinks water bottles etc and u dont' have to take it off to fold the stroller although it's easy to unscrew...I also bout a JL Childress organizer..has two drink holders and a mesh storage bag as well as two smaller pockets for keys or cell and two zippered hidden pockets...drink holders hold everything i mentioned above too and they are insulated just don't overload it on an umbrella like the mac or it will become tippy cupholders are fabric material but don't sweat or anything and it's better than the Maclaren Universal organizer which i was going to get but the reviews said the drink holders were pointless and i saw it on a stroller at disney and they were only fitting water bottles as well as the mesh bag being small..

As far as Mac Models and purchasing cheaper ones for Deals...you can check out the differences for this years models on Maclaren's website just click the tabs under each stroller and it will say NEW next to the feature...I know 08 Quests have the Central parking brake window in a different place on teh back instead of the top and and the carry strap plus the handle insead of just the handle..also patterns are different and 08 models come with lifetime sovereign warranty...

As far as ordering from babydealz I believe Maclaren has issued a warning from purchasing from that site..due to the strollers not having serial numbers on them and of course they don't offer the warranty...they only offer from authorized dealers...plus they say some places that sell cheaper don't comew ith raincover etc...I used Albee Baby which is an authorized dealer and they were terrific...also travelingtikes is good too...

i got my mac techno from ebay and it has serial numbers and the rain cover. We haven't used it at WDW yet so i can't answer your questions about the shade. So far it's been great to use in small spaces and for shopping.

I'm looking for dimentions. We test drove the Mac Volo yesterday & the seat back only made it half-way up my dd's head, & in order to put her feet on the foot rest her knees were looking squashed & the shade was touching her head in the closed position & very clos in the open position. I doubt she would be comfy for long in that position. She is 40 lbs & 42 inches, her head to seat measurement is 23 inches, I'm thinking I'll rent the city mini, but can you tell me the seat to head measurment?

TIA

I measured from seat to canopy ... 23 inches. Sorry for delay.

** let us know how you like your rental**

Mrs. Disney Ron

I am sure this has been answered a hundred times but>>>>>
What do you feel is the best cup holder or organizer to put on a Mac stroller? I had one that did not fit the water bottles well and they would fall out if we went over a bump.
THanks

I am sure this has been answered a hundred times but>>>>>
What do you feel is the best cup holder or organizer to put on a Mac stroller? I had one that did not fit the water bottles well and they would fall out if we went over a bump.
THanks

The one I use on my techno xlr is the stroll-air console. It is fabulous!!! No spills and room for my phone etc..

I like the Valco Universal Cupholder...and the JL childress organizer..which has two cupholders..and I saw Michelle Williams uses the Baby Jogger Cupholder on her Maclarens...and as far as my other post about authorized dealers..I meant that BabyDealz was warned about on the Maclaren site for having some of their products sent without serial numbers...I didn't mean all unauthorized sites like Ebay..they just don't allow their warranty for ALL unauthorized sites..ebay included..and they told me Target and Toys R Us don't always have the strollers come with a raincover..if they are cheaper they may not so just make sure..that was straight from Maclaren

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I do not know if I am repeating a post.

If any of you are interested in a double stroller, but do not want to rent or bring your own, on the budget board there are some stroller swaps being organized.
There is a link in my signature to one, we have lots of dates open, if anyone is interested in participating. The more people we can get, the less it will be per family.
Right now we have 7 people, so it is about $25 for the week to use the stroller. There are quite a few more swaps as well.

OK -- Here is my dilemma. We have visited Disney 5 times with our son and we have always taken our Graco Quattro tour (I know, now one of the favored strollers here on the DIS< but we love it). He is now 3.5, 40" tall, and almost 40 lbs. The Graco seems so "babyish" for him and when he reclines to sleep, his head is kind of crunched by the fabric that connects the seat to the canopy in the back. So, I'm thinking we might need to take a different (gasp!) stroller this time. I have a Peg Perego Aria OH, 2007 model and a Chicco Ct0.5. My Dh will strangle me if I buy another stroller! (but maybe if I sold some or all of the ones I already have, I could get another one...) Anyway, which one do you think I should take? Any experiences with these strollers at the World?

I'm probably going to make DS "test drive" all of our strollers tomorrow and see how he fits in them upright and reclined, etc. He doesn't like to be buckled in any more, so the Aria's straps are kind of annoying, but the Chicco seems smaller and less comfy than the Aria. He likes to have a cupholder, so that favors the Aria...and the debate goes on. Any suggestions?:confused:

I asked this in the regular part and nobody answered and then I came across this...I am sorry but I didn't have time to flip through to see if this was asked so forgive me...I have a Mac 08 Quest and LOVE IT...bought a sasha's sun cover for it..I was tossing with getting a Techno..and saw it has the uv shield and the extra part unzips and stuff...is this worth it...I am gunna get rid of the Evenflo Journey I have since she is a year now...and maybe get the Techno too...just fo rthat feature...is it worth it..when buying the Quest I was gunna go with the Triumph but wanted the foot extender thing...and the recline was better...plus lightweight...the techno is two lbs lighter than the quest is it a noticeable difference...also which is better for an add on shade...protect a bub or ray shade...pros and cons and recommendations please...also what's the diff between the bubs..i see compact and regular...read that rayshade blows off but that bub is not as appealing to the eye...i want the best protection and the easiest to deal with..plus do u take them on and off how do they fold up..etc..anything and everything please!

My 06 techno classic has this feature and while I love this stroller I found that it is not very breathable fully extended for long periods of time unless you pull up the back some.

OK, I finally read the WHOLE thread. Has anyone returned that rented the Baby Jogger City Mini from Orlando Stroller Rentals? How was the stroller? I ordered one yesterday and I can't wait to check it out! I ordered it from a local store and I can still change my mind if my son doesn't like it. Then I guess I"ll be heading to BRU for a Mac. The Aria and Chicco are going on Craigslist ASAP!

OK, I finally read the WHOLE thread. Has anyone returned that rented the Baby Jogger City Mini from Orlando Stroller Rentals? How was the stroller? I ordered one yesterday and I can't wait to check it out! I ordered it from a local store and I can still change my mind if my son doesn't like it. Then I guess I"ll be heading to BRU for a Mac. The Aria and Chicco are going on Craigslist ASAP!

I just returned from my trip and I rented the double City Mini from www.orlandostrollerrentals.com and it was awesome! The stroller was waiting for us at the hotel and we just dropped it back at the bell stand at the end of our trip-simple. Shannon at Orlando Stroller Rentals accommodated our times too! To the stroller-I cannot believe how easy it was to fold and how comfortable it was for the kids. This stroller was super simple to get on and off the bus. The recline folds to a completely flat position so the kids napped with ease and the canopy has the most coverage as compared with any other stroller on the market. I cannot tell you how many people stopped us and asked us about the stroller which was a bit funny because it is just a stroller. It really helped make our vacation enjoyable because the kids were happy in the stroller. Not to mention this was only $85 for the week and this is a $400 stroller. Mac is a bad word after using this thing. The wheels were much larger than the Mac's making it simple to push. We thought about doing a swap early on in our planning but were nervous about the what if's when swapping. When we saw the video of this stroller at babyjogger.com we were sold on it. Good luck with your new stroller!! :woohoo:

Hi there,

I haven't had the chance to read the whole thread, so I'll apologize in advance if most of this has been covered already. (I promise to read through the whole thing when I get the chance :surfweb: )

We are heading to WDW for the first time with a 7 month old and a 4 year old. We would like to have a portable stroller for our 7 month old that our 4 year old can use occasionally (end of the day, from one side of the park to another etc.). So basically we are looking for something that the baby can sleep in, but will allow weights up to 55lbs. (She is WAY above average in height and weight). We test drove some Maclaren's and a Joovy Kooper at BRU yesterday. Can anyone give any advice based on their experiences with these or other strollers? We don't want to go any more than $180, which is what the Joovy and Quests are right now with coupon at BRU.

Maclaren Volo - seems great at $80 w/coupon, but I am worried that it will be tough for the baby to sleep in because it doesn't recline. Hubby likes that it's lightweight and has a carry strap though.

Maclaren Quest - seems best overall because it reclines. Hubby doesn't like the lack of a strap (BRU carries 2007 models) and I'm not sure that the canopy will provide enough coverage for the baby when he's sleeping.

Joovy Kooper - Great coverage, but it only comes in black. We think this may equate to an oven in the Florida afternoon sun.

Any advice would be SO appreciated. Thanks :goodvibes

Hi there,

I haven't had the chance to read the whole thread, so I'll apologize in advance if most of this has been covered already. (I promise to read through the whole thing when I get the chance :surfweb: )

We are heading to WDW for the first time with a 7 month old and a 4 year old. We would like to have a portable stroller for our 7 month old that our 4 year old can use occasionally (end of the day, from one side of the park to another etc.). So basically we are looking for something that the baby can sleep in, but will allow weights up to 55lbs. (She is WAY above average in height and weight). We test drove some Maclaren's and a Joovy Kooper at BRU yesterday. Can anyone give any advice based on their experiences with these or other strollers? We don't want to go any more than $180, which is what the Joovy and Quests are right now with coupon at BRU.

Maclaren Volo - seems great at $80 w/coupon, but I am worried that it will be tough for the baby to sleep in because it doesn't recline. Hubby likes that it's lightweight and has a carry strap though.

Maclaren Quest - seems best overall because it reclines. Hubby doesn't like the lack of a strap (BRU carries 2007 models) and I'm not sure that the canopy will provide enough coverage for the baby when he's sleeping.

Joovy Kooper - Great coverage, but it only comes in black. We think this may equate to an oven in the Florida afternoon sun.

I would not het the volo for a baby that young. Kooper or quest would be better. You could always add a rayshade to either and/or just put a white towel on top of the canopy and/or clip on fan to keep baby cool.
Have you looked at the baby planets? or peg perego P3s or arias? You might want to join the yahoo group strollerswap. there are oftern great used deals for better strollers from swappers. Everyone there makes sure what they sell is in excellent condition as well. Have fun!

I just returned from my trip and I rented the double City Mini from www.orlandostrollerrentals.com and it was awesome! The stroller was waiting for us at the hotel and we just dropped it back at the bell stand at the end of our trip-simple. Shannon at Orlando Stroller Rentals accommodated our times too! To the stroller-I cannot believe how easy it was to fold and how comfortable it was for the kids. This stroller was super simple to get on and off the bus. The recline folds to a completely flat position so the kids napped with ease and the canopy has the most coverage as compared with any other stroller on the market. I cannot tell you how many people stopped us and asked us about the stroller which was a bit funny because it is just a stroller. It really helped make our vacation enjoyable because the kids were happy in the stroller. Not to mention this was only $85 for the week and this is a $400 stroller. Mac is a bad word after using this thing. The wheels were much larger than the Mac's making it simple to push. We thought about doing a swap early on in our planning but were nervous about the what if's when swapping. When we saw the video of this stroller at babyjogger.com we were sold on it. Good luck with your new stroller!! :woohoo:

Thanks for the scoop -- how big are your kids? Height/weight? I can't wait until mine comes in and I cna check it out!

Thanks for the scoop -- how big are your kids? Height/weight? I can't wait until mine comes in and I cna check it out!

My DS is 50" and 53 lbs and my DD is 47" and 50lbs or so. They never complained about it and fit comfortably in the stroller.

My DS is 50" and 53 lbs and my DD is 47" and 50lbs or so. They never complained about it and fit comfortably in the stroller.

WOW -- that's GREAT news. My DS is 40" and 40 lbs, so he should fit in there no problem. Thank you SO much!!

Hi there,

I'd go with the Quest...It's awesome because it's still lightweight but has the added recline feature and it's almost a full recline when u pull out the leg extender...I just used it for my daughter who is a year...and I love it! Easy fold up easy on buses...as far as the strap...I"ve read about getting luggage straps in the store and "rigging" them to use as a carry strap...I have an 08 quest so I didn't have to worry about it (but i also didn't use it since I had an organizer pouch on the back so it was in the way anyway) but it does still have the handle...or like I said you can clip/rig a strap to it....as far as the sun coverage...that's what I was worried about....I bought a Sasha's cover for the stroller...and I'm contemplating a Rayshade or Protect a Bub depending on what I find is better...she was out of the sun and comfortable while still breathing easily and reclined...I love the Volo idea but even older kids like to sleep and it's much more comfortable having them recline...I was at the mall the other day and saw tons of kids all hunched over in strollers...and my daughter was passed out like a princess reclining in her quest...oh some people check out ebay and stuff for strollers..though the warranty won't be applied...you may get an 08 in the same ball park as what your looking at in the store...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter