The Unofficial STROLLER Thread

Thanks for the advice. The quest is the one we are leaning towards. I'm not sure I like the idea of having to buy all of the 'extras' like cupholders and sunshades etc. After reading through the thread, I've now added the Zooper Twist to my list. It's on for $189 and free shipping at Babydepot.com. Sounds similar to the quest, but with a larger sunshade, and it includes a cupholder, UV screen, and rain cover. Very tempting. We're reluctant to buy without giving it a test drive though. At least we have wheeled our DD4 around in the Joovy and the Maclaren at BRU.

Anyone have or tried the Zooper? How does it fold up and carry relative to the Maclaren? Does it handle well at near maximum weight load?

Hi everyone, I haven't read the entire 26 pages.....but I'm curious as to how you handle double strollers while on WDW buses? Is it a huge pain?

We have an Aria Twin.

Thanks for the advice. The quest is the one we are leaning towards. I'm not sure I like the idea of having to buy all of the 'extras' like cupholders and sunshades etc. After reading through the thread, I've now added the Zooper Twist to my list. It's on for $189 and free shipping at Babydepot.com. Sounds similar to the quest, but with a larger sunshade, and it includes a cupholder, UV screen, and rain cover. Very tempting. We're reluctant to buy without giving it a test drive though. At least we have wheeled our DD4 around in the Joovy and the Maclaren at BRU.

Anyone have or tried the Zooper? How does it fold up and carry relative to the Maclaren? Does it handle well at near maximum weight load?

these are the exact reasons I went with twist. It is very similar to the quest with a carry handle(not a strap), easy to fold(doesnot fold exactly like the quest but still easy). I am only 5'2" and found it very easy to carry onto disney buses(I carried the stroller while dh carried ds who is about 25 lbs). My dd7 is 39lbs and I don't notice any difference in the push between her and ds. Also the twist is not as tippy as the quest, we had hung the diaper bag and my purse of the handles with no one in the seat and it didn't come close to tipping. My dh is 6' and likes to push it better than the graco quatro tour that we have. I did not try before I bought and was very leary but went with it and have not regretted it. I don't know how to post pics so if you want some I can ask dh to help me tomorrow. any other questions on the twist, just let me know.

Ann

Well ... we have decided to order the Twist online from Costco without trying it. They had it online for $119 including shipping, which was a huge plus over the Maclaren Quest. Especially since it includes a cupholder, UV shade, and raincover for that price. Costco has a return policy where you can return items to any store for a full refund that includes the shipping costs. We figure this is a good way to try out the stroller with our DD4 and see if we prefer it over the quest. The picture online is slightly different from the one on strollerdepot.com and on the zooper website, so it may be an older model. We will have to wait and see when it arrives next week. I will keep you all posted as to whether or not it is the same.

That's why I love this board. Until reading this thread, I hadn't even heard of this stroller. Just proves to my husband that I AM NOT wasting my time on here. ;)

I just checked out the Zooper online and I like it....it's kind of like the Mac Techno but cheaper...Let me know how it is...I have the Quest but was considering buying the Techno for different uses...I went with the Quest due to the weight as my regular stroller was 18lbs...so I wanted lighter...but I may check out the Zooper due to the compact fold and features...for places I don't mind the weight...let us know when u get it how it is!

The first time we took my girls to the world my oldest was 6 and she walked the whole time, but crashed at the end of the day, and my then 2 year old rode in the stroller. Now we're going back next month and my 18 month old son will be in the stoller. Do you think that a four and half year old can handle walking most of the time or should I invest in another stroller?

Another question, last time we went there were usually strollers abandoned all over the park by the end of the day. (I assumed they were abandoned since they were left in front of the castle with no one around and the name card was gone. Definately not in stroller parking for CRT.) Since my oldest was ready to crash we would grab one to let her ride in to the front of the park and turn it in at the stroller rental and then carry her out to the bus. Is this acceptable?

My City Mini arrived and i LOVE it!! Here are some pics. DS is 40" tall (all torso, short legs!). 3.5 years old. 38 lbs. I am now working on devising some decorations for it so we can easily identify it in the parks!
Lot of headroom
369833526_yGmto-L.jpg

Reclined
369833102_kso6T-L.jpg

Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy cupholder:
369832318_WouYm-L.jpg

Enjoying the shade:
369834126_43qLz-L.jpg

thanks for the pics Jessica. How hard is it to put the seat up in the highest position possible.

Do you mean the seat back? It is really easy. It has a strap adjuster thing on the back of the seat that works very nicely. You just slide it up to the highest possible place and it just stays there. You can adjust that seat back to any angle. I like the Baby Jogger mechanism better than other strap-type adjusters I have on my other strollers (chicco and Peg Perego Aria OH).

Jessica, the house behind your DS looks JUST like my SIL in Plainfield, IL!

I just rented the dbl from Orlandostroller rentals for our Nov/Dec trip! Thanks for the reports!:santa:

Any thoughts on the Peg Perego Aria? I just bought a Mac volo for my 6 year old to use in Disney and I love it. I also have a 14 month old and he likes it, but there is no way he would be comfortable in it all day. I have a Chicco cortino that I love but didn't realize just how big and heavy that sucker is until the delightful Volo came into my life. I don't want to spend a lot on another stroller as my 6 year old will only use this in Disney then it goes to the baby. I want my little one to have the comfort and convenience of a big stroller without the bulkiness and weight to drag on the buses. I found a 2007 aria on sale, new for $89 and it seems like a good deal if it is a good stroller(had a Pilko years ago for my oldest ds and hated it). Any advice? is it easy to push and fold. Are they as heavy as other full size strolles? I will try one out if I pass a store tht carries them, but they are few and far between. Thanks

I haven't had a peg but it has been my expirence from the numerous other strollers that I have had that if I didn't like something from one company a different stroller from the same co was no better. If there is a retailer near you that carries them I would go look at it before buying one. have you considered the combi for your 14mth old normally I don't recommend them but in this case since the baby is so young you may not have any trouble w/ it and you can get one for under 100 that reclines the only thing you may need is a rayshade but it is as lite and compact as the volo plus it has a carry stap too.

ETA~ you can probaby even get a decent used one for cheap on ebay I know I sold mine in excellent conditiion for 25 dollars. I think I only used it about a dozen times.

I have a Peg Aria and it is OK for the little kids, but once they get bigger, the thing stinks. It is light weight, but I think that makes it hard to push when the kid gets a little heavier. I'm sure it would work OK for your little one and would have decent resale value. I'd get some kind of parent organizer for it, too. I think the Buggy Buddy would work well on the Aria.

Our Zooper Twist has arrived and we are very pleased :woohoo: . We ordered it from Costco online for $119 (plus a $6 charge because we are not members). This price includes shipping and is really the best out there by far. The lowest I saw online at other sites was $189.

So here's our review so far....

The stroller is light (weighs 13.5 lbs, same as the Quest), very attractive, and comes with a lot of accessories. We ordered the green and love the color. A hard plastic cup holder and mesh cup holder bag were included. The mesh bag does not look like it will hold much, but our DD4's sippy cup does fit nicely. In addition, there is both a rain cover and a UV shade in a small bag that attaches to the side. The bag is a really nice feature that isn't mentioned anywhere online. It will definitely make it easier to have these 2 items accessible at all times. Both of these are custom for the stroller and snap into place very easily. I am in LOVE :lovestruc with the UV shade. My DS tends to fuss if we "enclose" him with the canopy of our large graco stroller, but he doesn't stop looking around enough to fall asleep without it. The UV shade is really a happy medium. It's hard to explain, but it sort of "mutes" the visual environment. He can see through it, but everything is duller. (I told you it was hard to explain). Anyway, with the UV shade, he falls asleep like a charm. I have decided that I will review this stroller again once we get back from our trip, so I will let you know how it handles and if the shade helps him nap in the craziness of WDW.

As for handling, I have to say that the Maclaren's are smoother. The twist has a 4 wheel independant suspension system, so it doesn't feel as sturdy when our DD4 is in it like the Maclaren does. It is fine, it's just that the suspension gives you more movement when more weight is in the stroller. I actually phoned Zooper though because online the stroller is listed as 55 lbs and in the manual that arrived says 40lbs. Zooper told me that Costco is selling the 2007 versions (rated to 45lbs, not sure why the manual says 40) and the 2008 are rated to 55lbs. BUT, the service representative also said that neither the materials nor the structure were changed from 2007 to 2008, so technically the 2007 can also be rated to 55lbs AND that they have actually tested both to 80 lbs. So I really have no concerns about my DD who is 50 lbs. Another note was that one of the wheels had a squeek to it right out of the box that we couldn't figure out. They have already shipped us a replacement. Overall we are very happy with the customer service we received from Zooper. Again, after we get back I can post about how well the stroller is holding up and how it handled.

I think that for us, the biggest advantages of this stroller are the price, the accessories (oh, I forgot to mention the thermal boot/cover that was also included. It's very warm and useful for New England winters), and the fact that it will recline for our 7 month old DS to sleep, but still hold our DD4 if her legs are giving out at the end of a long day. My DH would also like me to add that it's light, and even though I never carry the stroller, this is a plus as well :lmao: .

Just an additional note. It doesn't recline fully, but more than enough for our DS, who has already taken a couple of nice naps in it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the stroller naps continue throughout our trip. ;) If you have any questions about it, please feel free to ask. I'm completely in debt to this wonderful thread/board. I hadn't even heard of the Twist before reading everyone else's posts and advice, and now I have a wonderful new stroller that should add to the enjoyment of our trip.

Any thoughts on the Peg Perego Aria? I just bought a Mac volo for my 6 year old to use in Disney and I love it. I also have a 14 month old and he likes it, but there is no way he would be comfortable in it all day. I have a Chicco cortino that I love but didn't realize just how big and heavy that sucker is until the delightful Volo came into my life. I don't want to spend a lot on another stroller as my 6 year old will only use this in Disney then it goes to the baby. I want my little one to have the comfort and convenience of a big stroller without the bulkiness and weight to drag on the buses. I found a 2007 aria on sale, new for $89 and it seems like a good deal if it is a good stroller(had a Pilko years ago for my oldest ds and hated it). Any advice? is it easy to push and fold. Are they as heavy as other full size strolles? I will try one out if I pass a store tht carries them, but they are few and far between. Thanks

I think that if you like the Volo that much, I would get another Maclaren - just one that is a bit more plush. The Triumph or the Quest or the Techno - from least expensive to most, from least featured to most, from lightest to heaviest (I think that's correct). With a 14 month old, you probably will be fine with the Triumph. Check ebay.com or albeebaby.com (I think that they also sell on ebay).

http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-triumph-2008-stroller-coffee-brown.html

I agree with the other poster who said that if you didn't like one of their products, you probably won't like another. The Aria folds the other way (not like an umbrella), so again, if you love the Volo, you probably won't be happy with the Aria

question for you re: the Zooper Twist... Did you test drive the Joovy Kooper at all? I am trying to decide between the two. I LOVE the lime green color of the Twist but I am leaning towards the Joovy Kooper for the rave reviews I have read. I have not test driven either, plan to do it this weekend.
Any advice/opinion on the differences between the two?
Thanks!

We test drove the Joovy Kooper at Babies are us. Our DD4 is quite big for her age (99th percentile and wears a 6x princess: ). The Kooper gave her the most room out of the 3 strollers we considered (Quest, Kooper, and Twist). She had more leg room and more room to relax her shoulders back. She still fits in the Twist, but it doesn't have as much room on the sides.

The kooper also handled her weight better than the Twist. It handles the same whether she was in it or DS. (We don't feel any difference between the 2 strollers with DS, but he's only 17lbs.) The Twist still handles well with her in it, but you do feel a difference. I think she just compresses the suspension in the wheels more and so it doesn't seem as smooth. The kooper didn't have suspension in the wheels. We've had the Twist for a week now and have taken it on a few walks to get our DS used to it before we leave. (Single digit count down :cloud9: ) He sleeps in it like a dream. It doesn't recline fully to flat, but the incline is minimal and he seems very comfortable it. The suspension in the wheels also gives him a very smooth ride on bumpy sidewalks.

Our one concern with the Kooper was the fabric. It was black and heavy. DH thought it ooked like an oven and crossed it off the list for that reason alone.

We are basically in love with the twist so far. We will see how it holds up to the trip. Good luck with making your decision. I hope you can find a Twist to try. We had to order it sight-unseen, becasue there wasn't one around here. But Costco online refunds fully including the shipping, so it was basically risk free to give it a try.

wanted to update that we got our buggster (valco) and it's AWESOME! it does everything that I want it to do and more. It's smooth beyond believe, roomy, easy to push. It has to handles but still easily pushes with one hand. Very very pleased. This will make a great go to stroller/disney stroller

In case no one mentioned this before on this board. Zooper the company has gone or is going out of business. This could affect warranties on there strollers. i do not know what the policy will be but I would not expect much.

What is the best way to store a stoller during the trip if you bring your own. Has anyone taken it on Disney transportation etc and into the hotel room each night??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter