The Vaccine Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, masks are mandatory in every public spaces. So is social distancing. We are only allowed to meet with a certain number of people outside —backyards, outdoor dining-- (but some regions where they have less than 10 cases per 100 000* can actually eat inside restaurants!). Theaters have very low max capacity. Working from home is mandatory (when possible)... That’s how we protect people in between doses.

Here in Quebec, they will announce later today that we can now avoid the 16 weeks delay between doses. My personal prediction is that they will tell us that we are eligible for the 2nd dose after 8 weeks and will go through the same staggered pattern 70-65-60, etc. Can’t wait to see what their plan is. :)

EDIT: *For those who are curious, this is how they determine which level we are: out of precaution, they tend to keep us in the previous category. According to this scale (Harvard), most of Quebec should be « Yellow ». They are keeping us « Orange ». In Montreal, our numbers are « Orange » going « Yellow » but they are keeping us « Red » until June 7.

View attachment 578982
Wow, how different things are in different locations! Last week's update my county had 58 cases (weekly) per 100,000 residents. This color chart doesn't specify if those are daily or weekly counts. Either way, everything here is wide open, no masks required and many people not wearing them.

Wow, how different things are in different locations! Last week's update my county had 58 cases (weekly) per 100,000 residents. This color chart doesn't specify if those are daily or weekly counts. Either way, everything here is wide open, no masks required and many people not wearing them.

My guess is that is an average. Here, experts report this as: "This week, we have had an average of 8 cases per 100 000".

Here in Quebec, they will announce later today that we can now avoid the 16 weeks delay between doses. My personal prediction is that they will tell us that we are eligible for the 2nd dose after 8 weeks and will go through the same staggered pattern 70-65-60, etc. Can’t wait to see what their plan is. :)

I was correct. They said they would provide a new calendar on thursday. By group of age, people will be allowed to move the date ahead for their 2nd shot.

If everything goes well, my husband and I should be able to get our 2nd shots 3 weeks earlier (for me) and 4-6 weeks earlier (for him) than expected. This is absolutely wonderful.

Last edited:

I was correct. They said they would provide a new calendar on thursday. By group of age, people will be allowed to move the date ahead for their 2nd shot.

If everything goes well, my husband and I should be able to get our 2nd shots 3 weeks earlier (for me) and 4-6 weeks earlier (for him) than expected. This is absolutely wonderful.
I hope that means you can salvage something out of this summer!

I hope that means you can salvage something out of this summer!

I think it will definitely secure some end of summer plans.

Now, I don't know if that's a good sign for Canada and New England cruises (there are two ports in my province) but I remain hopeful.

I think it will definitely secure some end of summer plans.

Now, I don't know if that's a good sign for Canada and New England cruises (there are two ports in my province) but I remain hopeful.

I was really hoping to be able to take the Ferry over from Bar Harbor in late August - but their website says closed for the 2021 season.

I was really hoping to be able to take the Ferry over from Bar Harbor in late August - but their website says closed for the 2021 season.

When is the last sailing usually? Because right now, most special events involving crowds are postponed to September.

Interested to see what happens after the test cruise internal leak today. My expectation is still that those over the age of 16 (or 18 depending on internal conversations) will be required for an unspecified amount of time. It will just be much less of a headache/liability and they will still sell well.

It is also a lot easier to reconcile with this when "everyone else is doing it" so you don't have to worry about the competition as much.

Vaccine News from Quebec: Delay between the two doses now at 8 weeks instead of 16 weeks. Starting monday, by group of age, people will be able to modify their 2nd dose appointments and get the vaccine faster.

DH and I will be able to change our appointments mid-June. :) This will most likely bring me to a 12 weeks delay. Not ideal but definitely better than 16 weeks!

Vaccine News from Quebec: Delay between the two doses now at 8 weeks instead of 16 weeks. This will most likely bring me to a 12 weeks delay. Not ideal but definitely better than 16 weeks!

Here in BC, invitations to book your 2nd dose are going out to 80+ year olds, and the medically vulnerable. I'm pleased we've managed to vax about 70% of adults now with the their first dose. That's the percentage required to progress through our 'restart 2.0' plan. In 2 weeks, travel restrictions throughout the province should end, among other things. Better times are ahead. :-)

Here in BC, invitations to book your 2nd dose are going out to 80+ year olds, and the medically vulnerable. I'm pleased we've managed to vax about 70% of adults now with the their first dose. That's the percentage required to progress through our 'restart 2.0' plan. In 2 weeks, travel restrictions throughout the province should end, among other things. Better times are ahead. :-)

That is amazing news! Congrats! :D

Here the goal was to vaccinate 75% of adults with a first dose before June 24 and we reached that goal today! :)

With all the doses Canada has received so far (and what we are going to receive this summer), things should get better fast. *Fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Vaccine News from Quebec: Delay between the two doses now at 8 weeks instead of 16 weeks. Starting monday, by group of age, people will be able to modify their 2nd dose appointments and get the vaccine faster.

DH and I will be able to change our appointments mid-June. :) This will most likely bring me to a 12 weeks delay. Not ideal but definitely better than 16 weeks!
In BC, as of today, nearly 72% of adults 18+ have been vaccinated with at least one dose and kids/teens 12+, nearly 69% of them have had one dose! BC is now officially authorizing people to mix and match vaccines for their second dose 'if they so choose' and the 8 week gap now applies to those of us (about 280,000 of us) who got AZ as our first dose. We will be contacted by the pharmacy that gave us our first dose to book our second dose, pharmacies will start calling as of Monday (going on the 8 week interval). So you can get that or you can wait for your invite from the govt of BC to book an mRNA vaccine. I'll take whichever one is offered to me first (I'm thinking it will be AZ).

In BC, as of today, nearly 72% of adults 18+ have been vaccinated with at least one dose and kids/teens 12+, nearly 69% of them have had their first dose!
I think that 69% refers to everyone 12+, not just 12-15 year olds. That is why it is lower, because so few teens have been vaccinated so far.

In BC, as of today, nearly 72% of adults 18+ have been vaccinated with at least one dose and kids/teens 12+, nearly 69% of them have had one dose! BC is now officially authorizing people to mix and match vaccines for their second dose 'if they so choose' and the 8 week gap now applies to those of us (about 280,000 of us) who got AZ as our first dose. We will be contacted by the pharmacy that gave us our first dose to book our second dose, pharmacies will start calling as of Monday (going on the 8 week interval). So you can get that or you can wait for your invite from the govt of BC to book an mRNA vaccine. I'll take whichever one is offered to me first (I'm thinking it will be AZ).

Great rate for kids! Did they vaccinate kids at school? Here, the kids are eligible but most will be vaccinated at school next week (and the following).

I think that 69% refers to everyone 12+, not just 12-15 year olds. That is why it is lower, because so few teens have been vaccinated so far.
They stated both those stats in yesterdays' presser so I'm just posting what Dr BH said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter