The walking dead amc #2

I wasn't sure what he was talking about. Are there going to be short story series now? I hate Gimple still has his hand in this.
No, apparently they are making actual movies, but will show them on AMC rather than releasing them in a movie theater. If done right this has great potential to tie in with the show while giving the show the fresh life it needs.

When, in a long time, have they done anything right? Ending tonight's epi at Rick blowing up and sad Daryl walking off in the woods would have been perfect. But no............................................

I have mixed feelings about this episode. I was caught up in the episode and Rick's struggles but the last bit was just plain weird. Seeing the old characters was nice too but what about Lori? Glen? Carl?

I guess that we'll see what happens next. The part with Maggie and Negan was interesting and unexpected.

I have mixed feelings about this episode. I was caught up in the episode and Rick's struggles but the last bit was just plain weird. Seeing the old characters was nice too but what about Lori? Glen? Carl?

I guess that we'll see what happens next. The part with Maggie and Negan was interesting and unexpected.

I'm guessing they couldn't get those actors to come on, plus Chandlier Riggs was fired so doubt they even asked him and if they did I can't imagine he would say yes after the way they treated him.

I'm just curious how they are going to explain Rick not trying to find them. It's 6 years into the future, are we to believe Rick just gave up finding them. Gimple said there would be movies showing what happens to Rick. Does he end up dying anyway; is he on some island he can't get off; amnesia??? Is that the end for Jadis since she is on the helicopter with Rick? Also, how in the world did they not hear the helicopter, it was right there! I'm convinced Jadis lied about Rick being a B since we now she had him in the container marked A. Why did she lie??? Ugh, so many questions that we may never get answers to.

I'm guessing they couldn't get those actors to come on, plus Chandlier Riggs was fired so doubt they even asked him and if they did I can't imagine he would say yes after the way they treated him.

I read that the characters that they chose to bring back (Shane, Herschel, Sasha) could all be considered martyrs for the cause. Shane is the hardest one for me reconcile with that, but I guess he was killed for standing firm in his beliefs/POV. Rick went out the same way, essentially.

I also have mixed feelings about the show. I was a little put off by Jadis being the one to rescue him and be in his last scenes of the show, but it leaves it open-ended for him which I like. Not sure what to think of these movies they are doing now though...

Also didn't care much for the time jump. I really wanted to see more of the group's reaction to Rick's (presumable) death, and how they move on in the imminent future. The 5 year future is very different. And if Judith is the new Rick - I'm out!

As a side note, since Jadis is off with Rick now and we know we won't see Rick again on the main show, does this mean Jadis is gone now too? Will we ever get the explanation of the helicopter people?

And another side note! I thought Andrew Lincoln was leaving to spend more time with his family overseas. Doesn't doing a series of movies of the same character defeat that purpose to a degree?

I thought it was odd that the group just assumed he was dead. I mean he wasn't that close to the explosion. Strange they didn't run to try to find him.

The previews of the walkers talking seems to go along with something in the comics.

I have not been posting on this thread because I'm honestly not watching this season. I have been keeping up with storylines, spoilers and occasionally watching some scenes when DH has it on. The nonsense with Carl last year just completely turned me off of the show, which is really sad since my family has watched it from the very first episode. It's just too far gone, IMO. I knew they would do something stupid with Rick's departure. When I read the spoilers yesterday afternoon I just thought "are you kidding me?!"

I can't figure out how they could spend three years in real time on a storyline that was only a few months long, then in the first five episodes this season they have not just one, but two massive time jumps into the future?!

Anyway, I recorded the show and I will probably skim through it later today just to see Rick.

WTH is Gimple on Talking Dead? WTH does he still got his grubby hands on TWD?

He's still the mastermind behind TWD. Angela Kang is showrunner, but he is still her boss and has final say. Grrr!

I feel conflicted about it. They made it seem like it was going to be an epic death i.e. "Rick Grimes final episode", "Andrew Lincoln is leaving TWD" etc. Then they go and leave him alive. Then on TD, Gimple says, "This is the end of Rick Grimes on Walking Dead, but we will continue to tell Rick Grimes story on AMC original films."

So I guess he will not come back to the show, but they needed to keep him alive for the movies. Gimple said they will show different areas of the show, different situations Rick is involved in and we will see past and future characters through the years in these movies. He also said we will see different characters backstories too.

I'm guessing they will show us where the helicopter took him and what is going on, which seems like kind of a spin off, like another aspect of what is going on in the apocalypse.

He's still the mastermind behind TWD. Angela Kang is showrunner, but he is still her boss and has final say. Grrr!

I didn't realize he was still the big boss on TWD. I honestly thought he was demoted and put in charge of FTWD. I hate seeing him on TD. The way he talks and drags everything out and answers every question leaving you with more questions. Talking in circles and not answering.

I thought it was odd that the group just assumed he was dead. I mean he wasn't that close to the explosion. Strange they didn't run to try to find him.

The previews of the walkers talking seems to go along with something in the comics.

Was this shown in the previews of the next three episodes, or during the Talking Dead?? I didn't watch TD.

Wouldn't the problem be that now the bridge is gone, they had no way to get to him? It was my understanding that was the reason he didn't want to lead the walkers to the bridge in the first place - on the chance that the herd would cause the bridge to collapse and all their work on it would be gone.

If its true the group had no way to get to Rick with the bridge out, then they could assume he will die soon from his injuries, if not in the explosion.

Question about the A and B thing. Do you think jadis lied and said Rick was a B when he is in fact an A. There are rumors that A's are killed to make strong walkers. You also see in the coming attractions that they noticed the walkers are evolving. Is it possible this will end up being a government engineered thing.

Those walkers were not evolving... those were the new bad guys disguised as walkers . I’m assuming the As may be alphas like rick or Negan?

I’m assuming the As may be alphas like rick or Negan?

Didn't Jadis say Gabriel was an A? And Rick was a B? I guess she could have been throwing off whoever was on the other end to protect Gabriel and Rick. But without additional color on the significance of "A" and "B", I don't know how the audience is supposed to know that.

Theory is A is alpha (leader) and B beta (follower) and As get killed to become strong walkers they use for some reason. And Bs are kept to be worker bees. She likely told them Rick is a B to save him. I thought she told Gabriel 'I thought you were a ..." couldn't hear. Did she think he was an A but turned out to be a B?

So now we get a Rick movie telling us what happens after he gets on the helicopter. Do you think there may be others we know but haven't seen already there, like Heath or Dwight?

So now we get a Rick movie telling us what happens after he gets on the helicopter. Do you think there may be others we know but haven't seen already there, like Heath or Dwight?

Oh yeah... what happened to Dwight? Heath is presumed dead, but no body ever seen right? I don't remember what happened the last time we saw Dwight though...

Does anyone have any insight or personal theories for why they’re doing it this way with the spin-off movies? It seems so bizarre to me. If Andrew Lincoln wanted to be done with TWD, why would he agree to do the movies? If he was willing to stay in his role as Rick Grimes, then why not just keep filming the show, at least long enough to wrap up his storyline? I could understand if they were developing an entirely new spin-off series that was to continue indefinitely — split your cast and try to bring viewership to both series. That would make sense. But to take the lead character out of the show and wrap up his storyline in a trilogy of made-for-tv movies while the original series carries on.... I’m not understanding the benefit/reasoning/goals for doing it this way.

Well, at first I thought his death was really well done. I even called my son (that gave up watching a while back because he was so frustrated with Rick's character) into the room so that he could see it. His response when Rick fired was "at least he finally hit something" ;) but he was happy to see his send-off.

But then we kept watching and both my son and I yelled "are you kidding!" at the end :( Now here I thought they gave him a good death, one last great deed to help out the group. But no..they have to go prolong it and leave that character alive with no answers for the watchers. So frustrating....

And I'm not even sure what to think about the time jump. I will give that another week before I decide.

Oh yeah... what happened to Dwight? Heath is presumed dead, but no body ever seen right? I don't remember what happened the last time we saw Dwight though...
Wasn’t he going off to look for his wife? He’d just found a note from her? Or have we seen him since that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter