The walking dead amc #2

I thought they were going to leave Rick there to die alone, but thankfully it looks like he peels himself off that rock and makes it back to Michonne. I think it will be a tear jerker of an episode. I'm not sure I can stick with it after Andrew Lincoln leaves, like others have said, he was the show.

I thought they were going to leave Rick there to die alone, but thankfully it looks like he peels himself off that rock and makes it back to Michonne. I think it will be a tear jerker of an episode. I'm not sure I can stick with it after Andrew Lincoln leaves, like others have said, he was the show.
Or the whole episode is a dream-of-sorts and he is dying there.

You mean like Carl getting bitten by a walker after killing a bunch just for the sake of freeing their souls to assuage an insignificant character's mother's superstition?? :rolleyes1

Yes, just like that, lol! That did seem rather anti-climatic, although didn't the fact that Carl knew he was doomed allow him to stand up to Negan in the finale? I don't remember all the details so I could be mistaken...

So you got me thinking about who has had a heroic death and I'm struggling...I can reach way back to T-dog but can't really remember a lot of others :confused3

I will be so mad if Rick dies there alone. What are we going to have Michonne search high and low for Rick for the last episodes of the season til she finally happens upon him as a walker. So lame. Can't remember last heroic death. Last shocking death may have been Denise. I was not expecting that. I hate that they give away the deaths. Would have been so more dramatic to see Rick laying there on the rock if we had no clue he was leaving the show.

I will be so mad if Rick dies there alone. What are we going to have Michonne search high and low for Rick for the last episodes of the season til she finally happens upon him as a walker. So lame. Can't remember last heroic death. Last shocking death may have been Denise. I was not expecting that. I hate that they give away the deaths. Would have been so more dramatic to see Rick laying there on the rock if we had no clue he was leaving the show.

Maybe he'll emerge from a barn a la Sophia...Denise was definitely shocking!

Well, here are my predictions:
- He will die stuck there being eaten while flash backing through the previous episodes.
OR
-He will get up and lead the herd to the bridge (while reminiscing his life) which will wash away the herd and him. We won't know for sure whether he is dead or not which is a typical ploy they like to pull and will infuriate everyone.
OR
-Jadis will help him at some point and call the helicopter having her "A" ticket to wherever the helicopter goes. We won't know anything for a season or 2, then we find out he is alive.

I think he does get up, according to scenes for next week. They show him weak and hurt riding the horse and leading the heard somewhere. But that could be a hallucination and he could be on the rock. I have a feeling this is not the end and they will pull a fast one on us and he will resurface at some point. They are famous for that.

Well, here are my predictions:
- He will die stuck there being eaten while flash backing through the previous episodes.
OR
-He will get up and lead the herd to the bridge (while reminiscing his life) which will wash away the herd and him. We won't know for sure whether he is dead or not which is a typical ploy they like to pull and will infuriate everyone.
OR
-Jadis will help him at some point and call the helicopter having her "A" ticket to wherever the helicopter goes. We won't know anything for a season or 2, then we find out he is alive.
I predict that any one of these will be far better than what they end up writing! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I also thought that Abraham's death was shocking. I knew Glenn was destined to die, but when Negan turned and took out Abraham, too, it was devastating!

I completely agree on both counts! I really miss Abraham's character - he brought welcome comic relief and for me, I don't feel like they ever filled that void, character-wise. I miss Glenn too - I love a moral compass!

I feel like the river/bridge has to factor into it somehow - too much foreshadowing!

I completely agree on both counts! I really miss Abraham's character - he brought welcome comic relief and for me, I don't feel like they ever filled that void, character-wise. I miss Glenn too - I love a moral compass!

I feel like the river/bridge has to factor into it somehow - too much foreshadowing!

It may just be me -- and I don't read the comics -- but I don't like the turn that Maggie's character has taken. I find her annoying and flip-floppy :confused3 And while Eugene "may" have redeemed himself with the booby-trapped guns, I find him extremely tiring and would have preferred to lose him instead of Abraham! He just brings too much baggage.

Did any of you see next week's preview on Talking Dead? If not, watch it. It alludes to the helicopter while Rick is hallucinating he is in his old hospital room.

Poor Rick - Season 1 he's injured on his left side, Season 7 Jadis shoots him on his left side, and now Season 9 he's impaled close to the same area.

I was rewatching the trailer for Season 9 Ep 5 and there are quite a few callbacks to previous seasons - some were pretty obvious but there were a few I had forgotten about.

I thought the writing was too forced, what with Rick having to say something poignant every time he ended a scene with one of the original characters. The episode should have been titled Rick’s Farewell Tour 2018.

Yes, just like that, lol! That did seem rather anti-climatic, although didn't the fact that Carl knew he was doomed allow him to stand up to Negan in the finale? I don't remember all the details so I could be mistaken...

So you got me thinking about who has had a heroic death and I'm struggling...I can reach way back to T-dog but can't really remember a lot of others :confused3
Sasha.

That would be nuts if Rick gets taken by the helicopter and no one knows what ever happened to him. They would be searching forever for him. How can the characters move on if they don't know what happened to Rick. Although I heard rumors that once Rick dies there will be a 5 year time jump. Not sure how true that is, but that may be the only way the characters can move on. I hate that he is leaving the show, but the show isn't what it used to be so can't blame him.

A 5 year jump?
It has been stated that episode 5 is Rick's last and episode 6 is Maggie's last, but Maggie's story is still being written for later.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter