• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Walking Dead on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did seem 28 Day-ish to me in the beginning, but I liked it.

Just checked IMDB.com and 28 Days Later came out in 2002, while the comics started in 2003.

Apparently the early drafts of the comic were written as early as 2001. But, it doesn't really matter. Day of the Triffids started with a hospital scenario, and a lot of other tales start off the same way. It's just an easy setup for a "world has changed" situation.

I really thought the rest of the show was riveting. I'm so glad to see that this is going to be more about the "human" experience during a Zom-poc, rather than just a bunch of survivors busting up some zombies a la Zombieland (although I do enjoy those movies as well).

From what I'm hearing the zombies are almost ancillary to the plot.

I'm a huge zombie fan, and I've read a lot of the "survivalist" books over the years. Seeing it presented on the screen, in the fashion that this show did, makes me rethink if I would actually be prepared to take on such an existence. I'm leaning towards, "no."

Well... this is the cover of Issue 75! :goodvibes

wd75v.jpg

No promises for future issues, though! ;)
He should consider buying a 'leftie' holster.

I watched this and I liked it right away. It was a bit slow but it fit well with the premise and the main character discovering what had happened.

Watched it last night...I'm in love :lovestruc I'll watch anything zombiefied, so this is right up my alley!

DS15 loves anything zombie related so I watched it with him. I really liked it! :thumbsup2 We watched some of the extras on AMC On Demand today (MediaCom). Really interesting.

You can take a Survival Test at AMC.com.
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/survival-test

I ended up as a Strong Mom.
DS15 a Leader.
DS11 a Youthful Sidekick.

We'd probably do ok in a zombie apocalypse, at least for a while. :)

Well, I've watched it 2.5 times now because my DH is a huge fan (and a friend of the author). Zombies aren't really my "thing," my I will admit that it racked my nerves at points. DH had to fast-forward one scene that he knew was coming and he knew I wouldn't appreciate.

I thought it was pretty good. Better than I expected.

FTR, I am thrilled that DH and I were so unenthused (and bored) by this show that we didn't bother to finish the last 20 minutes. We shut it off as he was riding into Atlanta. And now, am I to understand that the horse meets a grizzly end? No thanks. Too close to home!

FTR, I am thrilled that DH and I were so unenthused (and bored) by this show that we didn't bother to finish the last 20 minutes. We shut it off as he was riding into Atlanta. And now, am I to understand that the horse meets a grizzly end? No thanks. Too close to home!

The scene that I didn't appreciate...

The scene that I didn't appreciate...

Don't get me wrong. Gore me up! Big Evil Dead fans here. Watched "Drag me to Hell" the other night. But DO NOT mess with animals! I HATED what happened to the dog in I AM LEGEND.

Don't get me wrong. Gore me up! Big Evil Dead fans here. Watched "Drag me to Hell" the other night. But DO NOT mess with animals! I HATED what happened to the dog in I AM LEGEND.

I'm 100% with you, Jennasis. Exactly how I feel.

DS15 loves anything zombie related so I watched it with him. I really liked it! :thumbsup2 We watched some of the extras on AMC On Demand today (MediaCom). Really interesting.

You can take a Survival Test at AMC.com.
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/survival-test

I ended up as a Strong Mom.
DS15 a Leader.
DS11 a Youthful Sidekick.

We'd probably do ok in a zombie apocalypse, at least for a while. :)

Fun quiz. I ended up as the "Father Figure." I guess that means I'd be in charge of a group of people and try to keep them together at all costs. It fits me pretty well since I certainly wouldn't want to be on my own.

We DVR'd this and I haven't watched it yet. I'll watch it tomorrow when the kids are in school. The previews seemed right up my alley. I'll check back in after I watch it.

I'm the same way. For some reason, seeing humans killed by zombies doesn't bother me, but I can't stand when something happens to animals!

We just got to watch this last night and it will be added to our already overloaded DVR lineup.

This is right up the alley for all 4 of us. During the part when Morgan is telling Rick about how his wife was gathering up pictures while he was gathering up survival suppies, DH looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. I told him, that a much as I love my pictures, that yes I know - guns, ammo, water, food, clothing, medical supplies all come first.

Have you seen Fido? :thumbsup2 Excellent, lighthearted, zombie fare, with interesting social commentary.

Also, there's Flight of the Living Dead, which is absolute dreck, but highly entertaining none the less. It's got a legless zombie nun! :laughing:

Land of the Dead is probably my current favorite of the Romero oeuvre. I was rooting for "Big Daddy" all the way through!

I have not seen either of those. I will have to check them out. I really enjoyed Land of the Dead, good flick. :thumbsup2

I started reading this comic series when it first came out, so it's been a looooong time since I read the opening issues. However, they are doing stuff that seems way too "dumb" to me. Smearing zombie blood on themselves to cover their scent? I was yelling at the TV screen "The virus is in their blood!" And they even knew it because Rick said, don't get it on your skin. I really don't think they did this in the comics. They do dumb stuff for sure, but stuff that I can understand. Not consciously putting zombie blood on yourself.

It seems like it is moving sooooooooo sloooooooooow. I can't believe Rick still hasn't met up with his wife and partner. I guess because it's only 6 episodes that I want them to speed it up. I don't know. I'm not loving it, but I will keep watching for now.

Dang it, hubby love zombie movies... he would have loved this show, but this if the first I am hearing about it. I was going to buy the first 2 episodes on iTunes, but if there are only 6 episodes is it really worth it to get invested at this point?

The series has been renewed for another season already.....go ahead and invest yourself in it! I'm not that much into zombie films usually..but The Walking Dead is great!

I watched it with DS14 and we both liked it. Although why in the world the guy would take a random horse and saddle up rather than just keep looking for another vehicle is beyond me. :confused3

Just my opinion but he said something to the horse along the lines of taking him to be with other horses as he thought there would be sanctuary in Atlanta.

I am really enjoying it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter