• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Walking Dead on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it, hubby love zombie movies... he would have loved this show, but this if the first I am hearing about it. I was going to buy the first 2 episodes on iTunes, but if there are only 6 episodes is it really worth it to get invested at this point?

they have been replaying the episodes so he could catch up for free, just go to the amc site and look at the schedule it will tell you when they are being shown.

Last episode is TONIGHT!!!

I just watched all 5 episodes this weekend..LOL, DH And I have been backed up on our TV watching...I am absolutley in LOVE with this show..! I may look into the comic..

Just to be clear - there will be a Season 2. 13 episodes have been ordered. (Highlight to see spoiler.)

Just to be clear - there will be a Season 2. 13 episodes have been ordered. (Highlight to see spoiler.)

An I am SUPER excited by this...I guess I should say that the SEASON FINALE is tonight

YAY!

I'm waiting for Rick to meet up with the man and his son from the first episode. Remember the man was trying to get up the courage to shot his zombie wife before he left. I think for the sake of his son he should have left with Rick.

And is it true the Walking Dead refers to the living??

YAY!

I'm waiting for Rick to meet up with the man and his son from the first episode. Remember the man was trying to get up the courage to shot his zombie wife before he left. I think for the sake of his son he should have left with Rick.

I've read a bunch of spoilers but they came from people who have read the comic. From what they've said the TV version isn't following 100% the comic version. And really, that's okay with me because I really like the show. :thumbsup2 I don't watch much TV but I've never missed an episode of TWD.

As for the man and his son, I've not heard anything about them.

And yes, the "Walking Dead" does refer to the living. I don't want to give it away though.

Can't wait ... 5 more minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Amazing Season Finale!! That was great.. Season 2 should be a blast with 13 episodes!! :thumbsup2

YAY!

Yes, in the comic version Rick at one point tells/yells that THEY are the walking dead.

And the father and son from the beginning...I won't spoil the comic part of it. But I was basically: :sad2::scared1::scared1::eek::sad1::scared1:

If you really wanna know, shoot me a PM. ;)

The TV series has gone so far from the comic it's basically impossible for me to post spoilers since its so very different so far.

Overall I like the changes, and really enjoy how well the actors are portraying the comic book characters.

I like the six episode format though. I cannot imagine that the show could be even half as enjoyable during a second season of thirteen episodes.

I really thought the rest of the show was riveting. I'm so glad to see that this is going to be more about the "human" experience during a Zom-poc, rather than just a bunch of survivors busting up some zombies a la Zombieland (although I do enjoy those movies as well).

From what I'm hearing the zombies are almost ancillary to the plot.

I'm a huge zombie fan, and I've read a lot of the "survivalist" books over the years. Seeing it presented on the screen, in the fashion that this show did, makes me rethink if I would actually be prepared to take on such an existence. I'm leaning towards, "no."

Totally agree. This is my favorite show right now.
I LOVED zombieland, but being able to develop characters and tell a story over a series of episodes is a lot different than having to fit everything in a two hour movie. I felt the same way about Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. I loved SPR, but it just couldn't compare to the experience of watching 10 hours of BofB.

You're right that it's really not about the Zombies. In a lot of ways, The Walking Dead is like The Road. It's about the people and how they deal with horrible hopeless situations.

The Walking Dead set series highs in its finale and made some basic cable history in its first season. The finale scored 6 million viewers and a 4 million viewers age 18-49 (a 3.0 adults 18-49 rating). Impressive numbers.

via press release:

AMC’S THE Walking Dead IS THE MOST WATCHED DRAMA SERIES AMONG ADULTS 18-49 IN BASIC CABLE HISTORY SUNDAY FINALE ATTRACTS 4 MILLION ADULTS 18-49; GARNERS A 4.1 HH RATING WITH 6 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS

New York, NY – December 6, 2010 – Sunday night’s finale of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” attracted four million viewers in the Adult 18-49 demo. With a series average of 3.5 million Adults 18-49, “The Walking Dead” is the most watched drama series in basic cable history for the demo.* The finale was the most-watched episode of the season, garnering a 4.1 HH rating and attracting six million total viewers. The final episode ranks first for Adults 18-49 delivery among basic cable for a drama series.

*Source: NMR (1993-12/05/2010), Adults 18-49, program indicator general drama, ad supported cable networks.

Key Ratings Highlights for the finale of The Walking Dead:

* 10pm airing – 4.1 HH rating with more than 6 million total viewers;
* 10 pm, 11:00 pm and 1am airings – Gross audience to a 5.7 HH rating with 8.1 million total viewers;
* Adults 18-49 – 4 million viewers;
* Adults 25-54 – 3.5 million viewers.

Recently greenlit for a second season, “The Walking Dead” is AMC’s first wholly-owned production. Following its debut on AMC on Sunday, October 31, the series premiered globally in 120 countries and in 33 languages, through an unprecedented partnership between AMC and Fox International Channels. Following record breaking ratings for the international premiere, “The Walking Dead” has continued to deliver stellar ratings on Pay TV in all Fox International Channels’ markets, including the UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.

“The Walking Dead” is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The series tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive.

“The Walking Dead” received rave reviews from countless critics, who heralded the series as “the best new show on TV” (Entertainment Weekly), “visually stunning…and daring in its artful use of silence” (TV Guide), “…breathtaking in its small moments, in which the pain and glory of being human are conveyed with only the flick of a filmmaking wrist.” (Wall Street Journal), “…evocative, suspenseful” (Boston Globe) “…surprisingly scary and remarkably good” (The New York Times) ”…a triumph of tone and mood” (Contra Costa Times) and “a real achievement for a horror show on a basic-cable network” (Rolling Stone). In addition, “The Walking Dead” received “4 Stars” from People and “3 Stars” from the New York Daily News and New York Post, among other outlets.

“The Walking Dead” premiered on Sunday, October 31st as part of AMC FEARFEST, the highly anticipated horror movie marathon of the Halloween season.

I really loved this series! 6 episodes were just not enough tho'. Loved the slow lurching old-world zombies. The finale was very good... found the whole brain scan resurrection scene very creepy and sad at the same time. It is going to be a long wait for season 2!! Between that and Dexter finishing up I don't know where I will go to get my thrill fix!! :confused:

I really loved this series! 6 episodes were just not enough tho'. Loved the slow lurching old-world zombies. The finale was very good... found the whole brain scan resurrection scene very creepy and sad at the same time. It is going to be a long wait for season 2!! Between that and Dexter finishing up I don't know where I will go to get my thrill fix!! :confused:

Big Love :thumbsup2

The brain scan scene was cool. That's probably the most realistic (sounding) explanation I've seen of how people could become zombies. Maybe not the part about coming back to life, but the part about the brain stem being active and base instincts being present (like the need to feed) without the higher level brain functions working.

The TV series has gone so far from the comic it's basically impossible for me to post spoilers since its so very different so far.

Overall I like the changes, and really enjoy how well the actors are portraying the comic book characters.

Would you start a spoilers thread and post what the comic says?? I can hardly wait to see what happens, and even if its different from the comic thats ok! I never read the comic so please tell us all the juicy details, on a new thread of course so not to ruin it for others who are more patient than I am.:laughing:

I think I read in an interview that Rick is going to meet up with that father and son again in season 2, and Merle will be showing up again.

Would you start a spoilers thread and post what the comic says?? I can hardly wait to see what happens, and even if its different from the comic thats ok! I never read the comic so please tell us all the juicy details, on a new thread of course so not to ruin it for others who are more patient than I am.:laughing:

Great idea!!!!!:thumbsup2

Please? :worship::worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter