• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The WDW Comeback: Before/After Game

In light of the topic closing and reopening, please drop me a personal message if you like to continue participating.

I'd like to continue participating. (I'm new here and can't send personal messages yet...) I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts!

Final count...

Topic 10: The Return of Nighttime Spectaculars at Epcot
Will we see Epcot Forever or Harmonious Before/After 7/3/2021?

Before: 6
After: 11

New topic later coming later todya.

Topic 11 – Adding entertainment at Animal Kingdom.

Will at least one (or more) of the following things return:

Before/After: 7/31/2021:
  • Finding Nemo the Musical
  • Up! A Great Bird Adventure
  • Fireworks and Nighttime Spectaculars
  • Pandora Drummers – Swotu Waya
  • Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe
  • Kevin Walk Around Character from Up!
If you vote After, you are saying all those things won’t be back until August. This one was inspired by @rteetz and his love for AK.

If you vote After, you are saying all those things won’t be back until August. This one was inspired by @rteetz and his love for AK.
Just one of those? Seems too easy, BEFORE. Festival of the Lion King has already announced it is coming back. At least one of the others on the list can't be far behind. If I had to guess, adding UP! back to the bird show and both sets of drummers, maybe Nemo will all happen before then. I thought Kevin was already back(?). Isn't the Rivers of Light thing was done for good? That would be last on the list IMHO.

I actually hope they don't bring back UP! The current format of the bird show is way better.

Last edited:
I actually hope they don't bring back UP! The current format is the bird show is way better.
Agree and, IMHO, still not very good. I much prefer the Animal Actors show at UH, and that show hasn't changed since the park opened!

Before, The theater for Finding Nemo is large and could easily accommodate spacing. So the Finding Nemo show should open before 7/31

Before.

Im going to say UP and NEMO will be Back! They could bring back Kevin at any time, just not walking around on a boat like they are doing for others

before
AK beat out Epcot in 2019 for attendance, so it stands to reason that they would want more entertainment at AK as the F&G winds down at Epcot. Yes, I know they funnel APs to AK to balance the crowd, but for the summer, they need to have “magic” to push the fall and winter crowds to come.

Before/After: 7/31/2021

(whole community)
Before: 11
After: 8

Disclaimer: the next topic is a doozy. From the beginning, I wanted to avoid topics that were too “on the nose” regarding when we think the pandemic will be over or under control. But due to the financial call with Disney brass, I think the timing is right.

Topic 12 – When will the mask mandate be relaxed at WDW?
Before/After: 12/1/2021

Note: This can include any type of relaxation of the current policy:
  • Not required to wear masks outdoors at the theme parks, resorts, or Disney Springs
  • Not required to wear masks at all
  • Not required to wear masks when eating or drinking and being on the move
  • An expansion of “relaxation stations” to include outdoor areas or attraction

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter