The "We are NOT going again until 2016" surprise PTR...

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
Well, I was going to hold off starting a PTR until closer to the time, but considering I have started buying bits already... I hope you don't mind that I am starting now, with just under 6 months to go!

We REALLY weren't going back until 2016!!

We had an amazing trip, full of pixie dust, 6 months ago. If you didn't see my TR you can read it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3239355

We had booked such a lavish trip as a bit of pixie dust to get Rosebug through what we knew was going to be a rough few months (now a year!) after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism. It worked and we had the most amazing trip, but when we returned we explained to her that we wouldn't be going back until 2016, for her 7th birthday, as we really couldn't afford a 6th birthday trip as we wanted to save for other things. She understood and excitedly told people she would be going back when she was 7!

We stayed strong for 6 months, despite really wanting to book. Then one day we just thought to hell with it and started to plan a return visit for her 6th birthday in February 2015. Then we had a surprise which made us forget the idea altogether, but as you know, that didn't work out and DH decided I needed something to plan and to focus on for the next few months so told me to book our trip.

So I did. But we haven't told Rosebug. This one is going to be a surprise. For now at least!!!

The Surprise Trip Details

Where:

The Pink Hotel! Again! Oh my!

We got the same great deal we had for our last stay of 2 nights free so just couldn't resist! We have stayed everywhere except SF and SL and as much as we loved NPB, it is true that once you have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel you can never stay anywhere else - well, not when you get 2 nights free at least!

When:

February half term, again! The week after Rosebug's birthday so for us the perfect time to go as she gets to have a second celebration and can spend all the euros she gets for Christmas and her birthday!

Just hoping the weather is mild again like it was this February, not like the freezing February we spent there in 2012. This is also another reason why we chose the DLH again, if it is freezing Rosebug will struggle thanks to her thyroid, so at least if we are staying here we can pop back in minutes if she needs a rest!

It's a surprise... for now!

We have decided to keep it a secret from Rosebug, for a few reasons:
We have a 3 hour drive to the airport and this February I was so worried about snow hitting and us not getting there and her being let down. She can't feel let down if she doesn't know!
We realised last time that 6 months is a LONG time to wait for a 5 year old... and that makes it a LONG time for the parents who get asked every night if it was time to go to DLP yet!!! ;)
It is her birthday the week before we go, so it is the perfect birthday present for the little girl who never asks for much!

The reveal??

At this point in time I have no idea how we are going to reveal it to her. Part of us wants to wait until the last possible minute, even maybe telling a white lie about the flight, and telling her we are going to Ireland or something, but she isn't stupid, so it will either be her birthday or the night before our flight in the airport hotel.

Any ideas would be FANTASTIC! :flower3:

The Cast

Me/Mammy: Disney Princess in DM's! I love Ariel, Alice, Jack & Sally, Villains, Tim Burton! I am looking forward to FINALLY getting to ride Crush; trying Ratatouille and taking Rosebug on BTM for the first time (fingers crossed she is big enough!). I love everything about Disneyland, my favourite bit is walking down Main Street, towards the Castle and Fantasyland! My favourite rides are RnRC, BTM, SM and Indiana Jones,although haven't rode them much on recent visits as we always focus on things we can do as a family!

Daddy: Viking (the beard is getting out of control). Big softy! He loves Belle & Elsa (ooooohhhh!) Villains, Tim Burton, Star Wars and Marvel. He is excited to try Ratatouille and BTM in the dark with Rosebug, and secretly really wants to meet Spiderman! He is pretty much in love with Disneyland, but his favourite place is the same as mine and Rosebug's - the Castle & Fantasyland! His favourite rides are RnRC, BTM, SM, Indiana Jones and Pirates!

Rosebug: Princess. Pirate. Fairy. Sometimes all 3 at a time! She LOVES Aurora. LOVES her. Would dress as her everyday if she could. Also loves Frozen, Brave, Tangled, Cinderella, Alice, Tim Burton, ... pretty much any Disney tbh! As it is a surprise trip she hasn't got any official must do's but I am sure she will be excited to try Ratatouille and BTM and anything else she will hopefully be big enough for by Feb! Her favourite place is... you've guessed it ... the Castle. She will happily wander around the Castle for hours! Her favourite rides are Pirates, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Casey, Dumbo. She loves going to Auberge and wants to live in the Pink Palace!

So many restaurants so little time!

We haven't fully discussed this but this is the idea so far:

Monday - maybe BBWWS (if we did the 6:30pm one would we be out for Dreams?)
Tuesday - Auberge with birthday cake & CS in the evening
Wednesday - Chez Remy & CS in the evening
Thursday - CS lunch & Inventions in the evening
Friday - breakfast and then something at the airport!

We really MUST do:

Auberge for birthday cake
Princess makeover - hopefully on the Tuesday morning before Auberge. I think it will have to be Aurora this time!
Crush - I WILL DO IT THIS TIME!!!
Ratatouille
BTM in the dark with Rosebug! (Please let her be big enough)
Dreams
Parade
Characters!!!

Eeeeeek... so excited!

Following!

I love reading about surprise trips. When I was 7 my parents told me we were going to DLP- the night before we left!! They'd planned the whole thing in secret, even my teacher was in on it! It's still one of my favourite memories. Rosebug is going to be SO happy and that memory will stay with her forever. Plus you're also going to have a fab time at DLP!!

Reading along too :)
I knew you would be back sooner than 2016 ;)
We are there that week too the for the boys 7th birthday really hope we get the mild weather like we did this year, unsure when to tell them about that trip too.
Happy planning :goodvibes

Oooh yay!! Love your ptr/trs! Also had an inkling there might be a trip snuck in to 2015 ;)
Nothing like disney to take your mind off things. Looking forward to following this along!x

Thanks for reading along guys! I have finished off my first post finally ^^^ I fell asleep last night!

So far:

I have booked:

* DLH - the pink palace! Woohoo!
* Our flights! From Glasgow as £300 cheaper than from Newcastle!
* Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport for night before, so we have no panic! £29!! Bargain!
* Ezyshuttle for our private transfers.

I have bought:

Rosebug's Onesie

Minnie Mouse sweater & ears headband!

Minnie leggings!

Anna coronation dress (from ebay, not here yet so could be poor but for £8 we will see!)

Shareholders Club:

I had no willpower, especially as the shares are so lo at the minute so I bought the extra 80 I needed and have applied to renew our membership! :cool1::yay: It wouldn't have felt the same without Salon Mickey!

And I have started a Pinterest board to save all my planning ideas if you want a peep: http://www.pinterest.com/foxymop79/disneyland-paris-2015/

Totally following along! We did exactly the same thing - we've told our girls we're going to Florida in 2016 but we have a surprise trip to DLP next month! Been planning it since March and it's been so hard not to tell them, especially when my littlest (age 3) says 'I wish I could go to Disneyland today' pretty much every day!

We're telling the girls the morning we go (eek) and the plan is: Mickey Balloons in the front room with their disney certificates and personalised frozen backpacks with their autograph books, purses and euros etc inside! And me on my camera phone recording it all for all the family and friends who can't wait to see the girls reactions!

Jealous that you are staying in the pink palace - one day that will be me!

Totally following along! We did exactly the same thing - we've told our girls we're going to Florida in 2016 but we have a surprise trip to DLP next month! Been planning it since March and it's been so hard not to tell them, especially when my littlest (age 3) says 'I wish I could go to Disneyland today' pretty much every day!

We're telling the girls the morning we go (eek) and the plan is: Mickey Balloons in the front room with their disney certificates and personalised frozen backpacks with their autograph books, purses and euros etc inside! And me on my camera phone recording it all for all the family and friends who can't wait to see the girls reactions!

Jealous that you are staying in the pink palace - one day that will be me!

Sounds like a fab surprise with a great reveal! What certificates have you got them?

I really have no idea how to reveal it to Rosebug, although I like your idea! We did a similar thing back in 2012 for her 3rd birthday as we left the day after but she was only 3 and a little non-plussed as she hadn't been before. Her reaction would be VERY different this time round!

We got a very good deal on DLH this time (and Feb just gone) which is how we justified it. The CM on the phone who took our booking seemed shocked at the price and commented how good a price it was for 4 nights at the DLH!

Totally following along! We did exactly the same thing - we've told our girls we're going to Florida in 2016 but we have a surprise trip to DLP next month! Been planning it since March and it's been so hard not to tell them, especially when my littlest (age 3) says 'I wish I could go to Disneyland today' pretty much every day! We're telling the girls the morning we go (eek) and the plan is: Mickey Balloons in the front room with their disney certificates and personalised frozen backpacks with their autograph books, purses and euros etc inside! And me on my camera phone recording it all for all the family and friends who can't wait to see the girls reactions! Jealous that you are staying in the pink palace - one day that will be me!
you are really inspiring me to "trick" my kids too - love your ideas!!

The Anna coronation dress is lovely! Hope it's just as lovely when it arrives! I'm sure it will be!

C x

The Anna coronation dress is lovely! Hope it's just as lovely when it arrives! I'm sure it will be!

C x

Fingers crossed. I am not expecting it to be great quality, but if it is rubbish Rosebug will still happily play in it at home, half her dresses are on their last legs now as they have been worn that much!

She can get a new Aurora dress in DLP as part of her makeover, and we will let her choose another - I want to encourage the dressing up and fairytale role play as long as possible! Don't want her to grow up, I want her to be my little princess forever! princess:

So... this afternoon Rosebug and I were snuggled on the sofa watching Disney Junior after a manic day of rock climbing and pub lunch, when the Ratatouille advert came on.

She started talking about DLP and I said "When you are 7!" She looked at me with those big blue eyes and said "I know. I just wish we could go when I am 6, I love my birthdays at Disneyland with the princesses!" pixiedust:

I was fit to bursting, so I distracted her and asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday party instead - she wants another disco, but with a Monster High theme this time! No Disney!!!!

She is going to scream when she finds out we are going! Need to figure out an amazing reveal! :lovestruc

Following here and on Pinterest! (love the clothes you have pinned there BTW!)
I knew you would be going again in 2015. Sounds like you got a great deal! I think you're going the same week as me? We're going Tues 17-Sat 21 Feb.
Love the Anna dress...hope it's nice when it arrives.

Following here and on Pinterest! (love the clothes you have pinned there BTW!)
I knew you would be going again in 2015. Sounds like you got a great deal! I think you're going the same week as me? We're going Tues 17-Sat 21 Feb.
Love the Anna dress...hope it's nice when it arrives.

Oh I love those dresses for me...I may have to ask Santa for one! ;)

We were so determined not to go in 2015, but around Feb/March time we are going to need it to remind us that life is good.

Might bump into you!!! I'll be the one walking round with the Viking!

lol I'd say I'll spot you alright! you'll probably spot us too as there will be 7 of us :) PTR coming soon!

Okay - I need some help!

I can't decide between the Ariel & Eric or the Alice tea party dress - for ME!

http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&lbc=hottopic&w=disney dress

Hubby says I can have one for Christmas!! :woohoo: Or do you think I am too old? :crazy2:

Never to old for disney clothes wait till you see what I've got coming ;)
I like the Ariel and Eric one love the tangled one too lol
How good would the buzz vest type one look with leggings in the summer ??
I'm buying nothing more though nothing !!!

Never to old for disney clothes wait till you see what I've got coming ;)
I like the Ariel and Eric one love the tangled one too lol
How good would the buzz vest type one look with leggings in the summer ??
I'm buying nothing more though nothing !!!

Ooooh - spill!!!

I think I might get both the Ariel and the Alice one! Why not eh?

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter