The wedding that almost wasn't... a trip report 5/4/07

LOVE your TR!! Of course, it's reminding me that I never finished mine... I should get on that before I have to make a Baby report... :rotfl2:

I love how you wore disney shirts every day. That is so cute!! Your dress was beautiful and so was your hair!! Nobody does weddings better than Disney.
Thank you for sharing. :goodvibes

This is by far one of my most favorite trip reports!!

I'm so glad everything turned out so wonderful! You were a beautiful bride and you are adorable together. Just reading your TR makes me so excited to start planning my honeymoon at disney. Thanks for all the great posts, can't wait to hear about the last day!:thumbsup2

on with the trip report...

Wednesday May 9th... Animal Kingdom.

This was the park that Drew was looking most forward to going to. We headed right to the safari first thing. It was very crowded so we got a fastpass and headed into...

100_1062-1.jpg

I wanted to see the gorillas. I am so fascinated by them! We treked on through and saw a bunch of animals.

100_1086.jpg

100_1106.jpg

Who's up for a safari?

100_1112.jpg

We went to go use our fastpasses. We saw a ton of animals!!! Drew loved this and was so excited. the truck was so bumpy though it was hard for me to get a lot of good pictures!!

100_1123.jpg

100_1125.jpg

After the safari we headed to Expedition Everest. I noticed that they don't give fastpasses during the week, so I was hoping for not a long line. I had ridden this in September and not liked it so much. Once it went backwards, I closed my eyes and screamed. I couldn't tell you about a Yeti of any kind because I didn't see him... Not so much a fan, but Drew wanted to ride this so off we went.

100_1061.jpg

I still couldn't tell you about the Yeti. Backwards started and I closed my eyes and screamed. That's my schtick apparently. We were the last car in the train and it was terrifying. I'm done with that expedition thanks.

We went into Dinoland and rode Primevil Whirl. I :love: this ride! It makes me laugh and scream. So fun. Then we rode Dinosaur. Another one that I close my eyes in, so I'm not sure about the last 3/4 of the ride. I know that something jumps out, but again, couldn't tell you..... I don't know why I do that to myself! I'm crazy!

We had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ - yum!!! And then we went to see Festival of the Lion King!

100_1157.jpg

We left Animal Kingdom and went back to the GF to go into the pool.

Took the boat over to Magic Kingdom to then take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge. We had ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It was a great time and great food. Our server was super nice and he gave us complimentary champagne!

100_1175.jpg

I didn't really drink a lot of it though as we were leaving the next day...

100_1176.jpg

ahem.... :rolleyes:

Headed back to our room to pack... we were leaving the GF but going on the 3 night cruise on the Wonder!

100_1166.jpg

up next... breakfast at 1900 park fare and going on the cruise!!!

Sounds like fun! I cannot wait to hear about the cruise! I love DCL and hope you two did, too!

Wow! Our trips coincided for 5 days and Wednesday at AK was the first time we were in the same park at the same time. We rushed to the safari to get Fastpasses too, but then we headed to Dinosaur, with a stop to say Hello to Stitch. Then it was back to the Safari and off to MGM for the shows that we hadn't seen yet.

I can't believe that I got married 2 weeks ago today. :goodvibes And now here I am back home writing my trip report... :guilty: I wanna go back!!!

Thursday May 10th...

We woke up, finished packing our bags by 8 so that bell services could come pick them up to take them to the cruise ship. We had ADR for 1900 Park Fare so we headed downstairs. bye room!!! see you soon I hope.

We had a good breakfast and the character interaction was great. Alice and the Mad Hatter were so fun. They sat down at the table with us and the Mad Hatter kept screeching for tea. The Tigger that was there was the best one I've seen. The way that he interacted with everyone was amazing. The Tigger earlier in the week at Crystal Palace wasn't very fun, not bouncy or jokey. This Tigger was bouncy, down on the floor, stealing stuffed animals. He was great!!!

100_1189.jpg

We had to get on the cruise bus at 11:15 and at this point it was only a little after 9:00. I went over to Magic Kingdom to ride a few last minute rides and Drew waited in the lobby. I rode Pirates and Snow White. I also saw this fine gentleman...

100_1214.jpg

yo ho pirate:

I went back to the GF and soon we got on to the cruise bus. The ride to Port Canaveral took about an hour and 15 minutes. After going through security we got onto the ship! yea! I had been on the Wonder once before but Drew had never been on a cruise before. We had to wait about 15 minutes and then our room was ready. We went right there first.

100_1226.jpg

We had a verandah which was so nice. The room was very big and there were 2 bathrooms. one with the shower and a sink and another with the toilet and a sink. very helpful for getting ready in the morning.

We went to get lunch at the buffet on the top deck, I got a coffee at Cove Cafe (it was free from the nicest cast member ever, Michael! more on him later)

100_1250.jpg

and then went to the mandatory boat drill in our fancy life jackets.

100_1264.jpg

went to watch the sail away party with music, dancing and characters and off we went to nassau!

100_1274.jpg

had dinner at animators palate and met our dinner companions for the next 3 nights. we were seated with just one other couple. they were from the netherlands and were so nice!!! we got a congratulations cake at dinner because we were on our honeymoon. it was very nice.

100_1284.jpg

went to bed zzzzzzz next day.... nassau

Friday May 11th...

We watched the boat dock in Nassau. We decided not to get off the boat and explore Nassau. We decided to hang out on the boat instead.

100_1330.jpg

we had breakfast at the buffet on the 9th deck and I had another coffee at cove cafe (thanks cast member Michael!!)

100_1323.jpg

We went to the pool and laid out there for a while. Then we went to see Meet the Robinsons in the movie theater they have on the ship. What a great movie!!!
100_1337.jpg

more people came in the theater after I took this picture!

We went back to our room to change for dinner and we could see Atlantis from the verandah of our room

100_1328.jpg

Our dinner was at Parrot Cay and there was going to be a Pirates in the Carribean party later that night so when we got to the restaurant there were bandannas for everyone to wear.

100_1344.jpg

After dinner we went back to the room to change, leaving our bandannas on of course, and then headed up to the party.

100_1349.jpg

100_1352.jpg

We got good seats and then the party started. There was dancing and then there were fireworks!! It was sooo cool. Then they showed the first Pirates movie on the big jumbo tron. There was a buffet with tons of desserts. We stayed for a little while but then went to bed because the next day was Castaway Cay!

This TR is awesome! You obviously had so much fun! You're making miss cruising so much!! I can't wait until my HM on the Magic! I am dreading your last day post!

Shane and I are considering taking a disney cruise-- im so glad that you are posting a TR about it. I never look at the ones on the TR board because most of the ppl have kids-- so I like to hear it from a couples eyes who have no kids. We will take a disney cruise if we do decide to take one-- so this is exciting! All of your photos and insight will be so helpful! Cant wait to hear what you thought about it overall!

Hulagirl87-OMG this TR is amazing! The pics are awesome and I am so glad you were able to have your perfect day despite a few bumps! AMAZING! You looked just lovely

I love reading your TR. I've been thinking about doing a cruise so i'm very interested in the rest of your trip. That's such a large room! I'm sure those 2 bathrooms came in handy!

Love the TR! Great sense of humour!

Gotta say, you're making me want to take a Disney Cruise, and that's some feat, since I just got off an 8 month stint on a cruise ship!

You look absolutely gorgeous and your dress is soo pretty! It is a perfect style for you! Congrats :goodvibes I'm really glad you guys had so much fun... and can I just say that I LOVE the jack sparrow picture!! haha...

PS, Elton John called and he said to tell Drew he wants his face back.

lol! that's pretty funny!

I'm loving this report so much!! I've always wanted to do a cruise (DF doesn't! he's scared of them) so it's cool that I can see it through your eyes.. what fun! and a pirate party? OMG... what could be better than johnny depp on a jumbo tron screen?
:3dglasses :love: pirate: popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter