The wedding that almost wasn't... a trip report 5/4/07

Loving your trip report especially all the pics. So glad that everyone was so accomodating to you. cant wait for more.

Hulagirl87, where did you get your cute mickey and minnie shirt? The one where they are dressed up in the wedding clothes.

Hulagirl87, where did you get your cute mickey and minnie shirt? The one where they are dressed up in the wedding clothes.

I got it from the disney shopping website. it was on clearance at the time so i'm not sure if they have it any more. you can't see it in the picture, but i added "just married" in pink letters underneath.

ok, I'm totally going to write about saturday at Castaway Cay, but I figured out how to download a video to photobucket so I'm going to add that here. It's from the pirate party on Friday night. There were fireworks and Mickey on a zipline!!!

Ok, now on to Castaway Cay!

Saturday May 11th...

When we woke up we were already at Castaway Cay.

100_1356.jpg

We had breakfast at the buffet again and then we disembarked the ship. It was a cloudy day, but at least the sun wasn't blazing. We headed to the tram that would take us to the adult beach. On the way we ran into this scalywag...
100_1370.jpg

We got to the adult beach and I was hoping to find a hammock but they were already all taken. We found 2 chairs under an umbrella and laid down. Ahhhh.....

100_1375.jpg

I went out into the water and it was such a great temperature. Not too cold. I walked way out and just stood and looked around. It was so peaceful. I took this picture from the middle of the water looking back at the beach.
100_1384.jpg

I honestly could have stood there forever. I felt so calm and at peace there. It was as if I couldn't believe that I was there. I felt very lucky and fortunate to be able to be there. It was a great moment...

A little while later we went to get lunch and then took the tram back to get back on the boat. I took some pictures of the Flying Dutchman. It's amazing!

100_1388.jpg

100_1402.jpg

the windows are creepy!!!

100_1394.jpg

we got back to the wonder and went to cove cafe (yes, again!) I had to get my fun coffee drink for the day. Michael was working and we chatted. I got my drink and he asked if Drew wanted anything. Drew doesn't drink coffee and we told him that. We said he only really drinks soda and water. So he told us to wait a minute and a few seconds later he came back with this...

100_1410.jpg

He gave us a cooler bag and filled it with evian waters and some canned sodas. It was so nice. He also told us that we would have a surprise in our room later on. Plus he didn't charge me for my coffee again. What a great guy!!!!!

We laid out at the pool for a while and then went to get ready for dinner. We ate at Tritons and it was the fanciest out of the restaurants. We ate alone because the couple at our table were eating at Palo.

100_1426.jpg

it was a great dinner and our server even brought us extra desserts

100_1435.jpg

We went back to the room to finish to pack to get our bags outside the door of our room for them to be able to pick them up by 9pm. We had champagne waiting for us in our room with a card from the staff of Cove Cafe telling us that we were their magical couple and congratulations. It was so nice!

100_1449.jpg

They were having a farewell show with all the characters in the main lobby so I went down to see that.
100_1474.jpg

They sprinkled pixie dust from the ceiling and the characters sang. It made me tear up!!! We had to get up early the next morning so off to bed we went. Home the next day........

thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!! first off, what a wonderful TR - superb reading with each post :thumbsup2

my fiance and I will also be starting our Disneymoon at the GF and then going on a 3 day Wonder cruise!!! I simply cannot thank-you enough for your fantastic photos and inside report - yesterday, I booked our airfare, today I picked out my wedding band and now I got an inside glimpse of the Wonder- what a day it's been! :goodvibes

Michelle:cloud9:

This was a really wonderful TR. I loved hearing about the Disney Cruise as we to are going on a 3 night one as part of our honeymoon. If you have any tips for me I would love to hear them:goodvibes You sound like you had a wonderful time during your wedding and honeymoon, you made a beautiful bride:hug:
I am so glad that Disney was understanding and you managed to have the wedding of your dreams despite a few hiccups along the way, it just goes to show true magic really does exist!

It's hard to believe that it's all over! I'm actually married! :cloud9: I thank everyone here on the Disboards for their help when I was doing my planning. All my questions were answered and my fears were calmed. :goodvibes

Thank you everyone for reading my trip report. I had a great time writing it and reading the wonderful comments the everyone wrote along the way!

I definitely recommend the cruise. It was definitely a highlight. We are actually thinking of doing the 7 night cruise for our 1 year anniversary! All in all we had the most amazing time and I wouldn't change a thing. Disney is amazing and we had a blast. They were so accomodating in every aspect and I can't say enough about them.

All the best to future Disney brides and now hopefully I can give good advice since I was a Disney bride :bride:

:love: I loved your report :) It sounds so magical! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

I got it from the disney shopping website. it was on clearance at the time so i'm not sure if they have it any more. you can't see it in the picture, but i added "just married" in pink letters underneath.

Oh that sounds cute. Thanks for the tip to be looking for it on disney shopping website. And congratulations. I am glad everything worked out for you guys. I have told your story to a few people who are wondering why we are having a disney wedding. And they were all impressed how disney was so understanding and move your wedding around. Because its not like your husband planned this and life happens. I am just glad your husband got better and you could enjoy your wedding and honeymoon.

I loved your TR!!!! I am so glad that everything went so beautifully considering the bumps along the way!!! You made a very beautiful bride!!! Just think, now you will be giving EXPERT advice...been there, done that!:love: Have a great day!!!

Cat:banana: :banana:

I just saw your pictures on Randy Chapman's website! They are so beautiful!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter