The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

That sounds like a great party and fun times. I should have come up for that, lol...

There is always room for you!

Dinner last night was burgers and salads.

Tonight we are having chicken Caesar salads and watermelon. There is leftover cake calling me as well!

So dinners have been scattered at best lately. We have enjoyed a burgers and dogs at Welby's, Steak, marinated chicken and some sort of precooked chicken and onion patty that I love, along with salads at Welby's, and a Forth if July indoor BBQ at DOnny's

Last night we went out for dinner with Buddy's cousins before they leave for 6 weeks in San Diego. This morning is a baby shower breakfast for my lovely niece Kim.

Phew! I htink tonight we wil just mosey over to Welby's and grill some burgers with salad. They are gone for the weekend, and Buddy is babysitting her chickens and Guinni (sp) hens so we might as well go swimming. Or floating! LOL! I have floating wine glasses just in case! LOL

Enjoy the weekend!

So dinners have been scattered at best lately. We have enjoyed a burgers and dogs at Welby's, Steak, marinated chicken and some sort of precooked chicken and onion patty that I love, along with salads at Welby's, and a Forth if July indoor BBQ at DOnny's

Last night we went out for dinner with Buddy's cousins before they leave for 6 weeks in San Diego. This morning is a baby shower breakfast for my lovely niece Kim.

Phew! I htink tonight we wil just mosey over to Welby's and grill some burgers with salad. They are gone for the weekend, and Buddy is babysitting her chickens and Guinni (sp) hens so we might as well go swimming. Or floating! LOL! I have floating wine glasses just in case! LOL

Enjoy the weekend!
Floating wine glasses sound wonderful while you are floating and relaxing.

Dinner tonight is pizza and garden salad. No one wants to cook so our favorite pizza shop is delivering while we have fun in the sun!

We are having baked chicken thighs, packaged noodles and caprese salad. I didnt like what I had scheduled and I got the chicken thighs for $.88 lb at the store yesterday.

We are having baked chicken thighs, packaged noodles and caprese salad. I didnt like what I had scheduled and I got the chicken thighs for $.88 lb at the store yesterday.

I drive by a meat shop every day so I tend to stop in often on my way home. They always have chicken thighs and drummies. I love the bone in thighs roasted crispy!

The G household is in countdown to vacation mode, so goodness only knows what we will eat. Bud said just buy daily depending on my mood. He is stil the sandwich man, so dinner can be as easy as a ham sandwich and cucumbers.

Welby and Rob went to the shore for a long weekend, and I have never seen so much food return from a trip. They stay out on the ocean for the entire time, and she was afraid Rob woudl be hungry! LOL! I told Bud if he is hungry to walk to her house and raid the fridge, I think they came home with more than they left with.

Last night dinner for us was Caprese salad, frozen mango, and greek yogurt

This heatwave is making it hard to cook and breath so just salads and frozen fruit for dinner.

This heatwave is making it hard to cook and breath so just salads and frozen fruit for dinner.

no real cooking for me either. We ate well on vacation, so it's all good though.

We had macaroni salad, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and hamburger and chickenburger things,
Welby added watermelon and I also made a cherry angel food cake and a batch of brownies.

I also figured out how to make a bangin mango mojito. Muddle 5 mint leaves with a tablespoon of sugar. Add 2 oz rum and 4 of of mango nectar and a lot of ice. Delicious! I forgot the juice if 1/2 lime

no real cooking for me either. We ate well on vacation, so it's all good though.

We had macaroni salad, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and hamburger and chickenburger things,
Welby added watermelon and I also made a cherry angel food cake and a batch of brownies.

I also figured out how to make a bangin mango mojito. Muddle 5 mint leaves with a tablespoon of sugar. Add 2 oz rum and 4 of of mango nectar and a lot of ice. Delicious! I forgot the juice if 1/2 lime
All of that sounds really good....

I need to make a cucumber salad with white vinegar, I forget what it is called...

All of that sounds really good....

I need to make a cucumber salad with white vinegar, I forget what it is called...

I call it cucumber and onion salad. It is a favorite in my home, and I make it for Buddy a lot.

Last night I went to see the Lion King with Marisa, kady and Rylee. I loved it! We took the kids to Micky D's for a quick dinner, and snacks were enjoyed in the movie.
I guess popcorn is not dinner, but it is what I had and watermelon once I got home.

So tonight is up in the air. I don't think I shared this earlier, however Donny and Anna have taken in two babies. They were approved for the foster to adopt program and three hours after getting licensed they were on the way to the hospital to pick up three day old twins. Holy big changes in their household! LOL! Anyway, the little boy seems to have reflux or some sort of sensitivity and the poor little guy is not really eating and cries and cries and cries. He quiets a bit if he is held, so they are not getting much sleep. Anna's mom is there right now to help, but all of them are exhausted, so I am going to walk with him after work. The dr wont prescribe meds yet, but is allowing the gripe water, which seems to help a little.

I feel terrible. I was there before work yesterday for a while, however our office is a skeleton crew in the Summer, and we were just two of us yesterday, and pretty much the same the rest of the week. I cannot take time off unless I one of us is dying. Marisa and I plan to take turns after work, but I did suggest that they get someone in during the day if they plan to work. Donny works from home, and Anna has permission t as well for a while, however this little one needs a lot of attention if he is that uncomfortable, Once they can get his tummy trouble under control a nanny may be the best answer rather than day care.

That is a lot of changes in one household very quickly. and they had no time to prepare.

Hopefully, this little guy will settle down and they will start a routine.

Anna said that this morning is better. He is not eating much but is soothed and has his happy little personality back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter