The Worst Of WDW Food Awards

Sadly, I offer the "family style dinner" reserved to be lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern, but instead we were taken to the Diamond Horseshoe next door and served (no other choice) a family-style meal for which we paid $99.07 w/tip, no alcohol. We've had many, lovely meals in the Tavern, loved the ambiance, the special treatment. None of that was offered and the food was terrible. We left a day early after that experience. (Fortunately, on two earlier days, we had wonderful meals at Le Cellier and Le Chefs de France in Epcot.)
Liberty Tree moved us over to Diamond Horseshoe as well (looks like they share a common kitchen). The food was OK but really not worth what we paid for. The staff was very friendly and attentive however (there were only two or three other couples there). Worth it? No. Redeeming qualities: friendly staff and staying after hours (our reservation was at closing time and we got on five rides in a half hour before seating!).

On our initial day last week, we stopped by Pecos Bill (unplanned), and I knew we were in for an experience. Their hamburgers didn't fail to deliver some of the memorable places to never return to...no matter how short the line is and how hungry you may be.

Yes, Magic Kingdom doesn't have the best food....With the exception of Pizzafari, Animal Kingdom never disappoints (Satu'li Canteen, Harambe Market, Flame Tree BBQ).

La Creperie de Paris was our worst restaurant choice in December. Once was enough for us.

Agree with terrible food at Creperie … but$$$ for Disney if everybody tries it just once.
Love sitting in the windows of the new restaurant and people watching

Last edited:

LOL, what's up with Disney and the bad pizza? It's mostly bread with a little sauce and dwindling of cheese. Got to agree with previous poster that Animal Kingdom has some of the best quick service places.

Agree with terrible food at Creperie … but$$$ for Disney if everybody tries it just once.
Love sitting in the windows of the new restaurant and people watching
Can you let me know what was so horrid about it? I've got reservations for there during our upcoming trip and will totally change it for snacking around the world. I usually love the food in the France pavilion and was really looking forward to good crepes...

Can you let me know what was so horrid about it? I've got reservations for there during our upcoming trip and will totally change it for snacking around the world. I usually love the food in the France pavilion and was really looking forward to good crepes...
We thought the food at La Creperie was ok. But service was perhaps the worst we ever encountered at WDW, and we've eaten at WDW TS restaurants a couple of hundred times over the decades.

And there's no ambience. Not much different than a small cafeteria.

Worst(disappointing) meal for us was teppanaki - we have some stellar Japanese places near us and we had high hopes… but the chef came, cooked , left. No clever shenanigan, nothing- since it was our first time we thought it was par for the course . Never had such a rushed experience!

worst service: Big River Grill. Our waiter quit during our service, the food came out one… at…a…time. Manager comped the meal but we didn’t really eat since half of it was stone cold!

Worst Mickey Pretzel-Random cart in the middle of HS... granted this was a couple of years ago... but kids wanted pretzels and cheese for breakfast, very bad decision. Dry and hard, clearly had spent the night in the cart before being rewarmed the next morning....

The Plaza. Once upon a time it was our go to meal every visit but this past summer we ate there and the menu has changed. Plaza Fries used to be covered with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato chunks and scallions. The changed the type of fries and the toppings are horrible. Club sandwich also changed to Turkey only and the bread is nothing like it used to be. Even our waitress said they were getting a lot of complaints.

Our worst service has always been Ohana. It’s like they want you to be thankful they are gracing you with their mediocre service and lack of drink refills. They always have an attitude and the food was never much to talk about.

I could not believe my luck with a Dec 2019 trip... I thought almost every meal was SO much better than I had any right to expect... Trattoria, Ohana, La Hacienda, Yachtsman, Yak & Yeti were all truly delicious. And then, I got sick from dinner at Be Our Guest on our last night, and spent part of the next morning in the bathroom at Trattoria for Bon Voyage breakfast puking while my kids were meeting Flynn and Rapunzel

Have some good ADRs for next week's trip, historically speaking, but I have zero expectations given the obvious change in food quality across the board and the staffing issues.

I can honestly say that in probably a hundred trips over the past 32 years, we have never had bad service or a bad meal.

(A seagull once swooped down and grabbed the wiener out of my hotdog at Casey's, LOL.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter