The Young and The Restless .. Take 5 .. Spoilers Welcome!

Really? I find soap central recaps some of the most detailed recaps around. They don’t leave anything out.
Okay. Then I guess a lot didn't happen.

It might not have been soap central. I googled it, but I might have been reading one of the other ones...soap hub, soaps she knows, etc.

Why is Chance even giving Phyllis the time of day? Isn't Abby enough for him?

Billy really is a total screw up. I hope Victoria never forgives him (again!) and never takes him back.

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of all the time devoted to the Kyle/Theo/Lola/Summer storyline? It seems like most of the show features them now.

Why is Chance even giving Phyllis the time of day? Isn't Abby enough for him?

Billy really is a total screw up. I hope Victoria never forgives him (again!) and never takes him back.

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of all the time devoted to the Kyle/Theo/Lola/Summer storyline? It seems like most of the show features them now.
Maybe he wants to keep an eye on her since she's trying to find out about what went on with he and Adam. I really hope he isn't interested in her for any other reason. He and Abby are adorable together. I like seeing Abby so confident.

I can't take Billy anymore. Victoria looks emaciated. That girl needs a nice juicy steak.

Yes! I'm sooooooo tired of the ridiculous foursome. We all know they are going to switch partners at some point because the writer is determined to make this inevitability happen. For once, I would like to see someone not give in to temptation. I don't know, maybe try being loyal to your spouse? Maybe don't be a home wrecker? Is it so hard to be decent?

Y&R has just been renewed by CBS for FOUR YEARS, folks, taking it through the 2023-2024 season and guaranteeing it a 50th Anniversary. Hope they get new head writers, though. This is one of the most boring and uninteresting periods in Y&R history, imo, and I’ve been watching since 1978.
I have been riding the ebbs and flows since 1973, the very first episode. I was eight years old, and I watched soaps like "Love of Life," "As the World Turns," (I really miss that one.) "The Edge of Night," "Another World," "Search for Tomorrow," "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing," "The Secret Storm," and "Somerset." My Mother and Grandmother always had these soaps on. When the news came out that Y&R was starting sometime in the spring, I was so excited. I watched it all that summer. They would fill me in on the happenings on all the soaps during the school year. Whenever VCR's came out in the late 70's, my Mother would tape it for me. Now I DVR it.

I am very excited for the 50th anniversary. I'm not, however, excited about turning 58 in 2023.

You were definitely a CBS/NBC girl!
My earliest soaps were Dark Shadows, The Secret Storm, The Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow. In later years I added The Doctors, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital and the Young and the Restless. Off and on I watched As the World Turns and One Life to Live for their gay storylines. And I watched Passions from start to finish on NBC (1999-2007). I’d rather watch the soaps than any other programming on now. They’re like family to me!

You were definitely a CBS/NBC girl!
My earliest soaps were Dark Shadows, The Secret Storm, The Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow. In later years I added The Doctors, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital and the Young and the Restless. Off and on I watched As the World Turns and One Life to Live for their gay storylines. And I watched Passions from start to finish on NBC (1999-2007). I’d rather watch the soaps than any other programming on now. They’re like family to me!
I watched As the World Turns too. I have early memories of something called Dark Shadows. It scared me to death. I was obsessed with General Hospital in high school and in my early 20's during the Luke and Laura years.

Born in 1973 and grew up watching CBS, Guiding Light and As the World Turns and Young an the Restless. I can clearly remember Bold and the Beautiful from day 1. Really liked it originally...now not so much. I miss As the World Turns.

I have been riding the ebbs and flows since 1973, the very first episode. I was eight years old, and I watched soaps like "Love of Life," "As the World Turns," (I really miss that one.) "The Edge of Night," "Another World," "Search for Tomorrow," "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing," "The Secret Storm," and "Somerset." My Mother and Grandmother always had these soaps on. When the news came out that Y&R was starting sometime in the spring, I was so excited. I watched it all that summer. They would fill me in on the happenings on all the soaps during the school year. Whenever VCR's came out in the late 70's, my Mother would tape it for me. Now I DVR it.

I am very excited for the 50th anniversary. I'm not, however, excited about turning 58 in 2023.

You didn't watch All My Children? That's was my one and only soap until I started with Y&R. I was so sad when it went off the air. Felt like I lost a lot of family members.

I was a devout As The World Turns and Guiding Light viewer. I really miss both of those shows. I have watched Y&R off and on since I was a teenager in the 80s and I do remember some 70s stuff because my older cousin/babysitter watched it.

Anyone hardly amazed at Lola and Kyle splitting up? :laughing::laughing::laughing: And just when I was beginning to think maybe Victor wouldn't mess with Victoria again he's at it again for the 300th time with false accusations against boneheaded Billy. Some things never change. It will be interesting to see how supportive Phyllis will be with Sharon. So far, so good. I know many of you don't appreciate the actress that is playing her, but I love that she's returned to be Phyllis.

Anyone hardly amazed at Lola and Kyle splitting up? :laughing::laughing::laughing: And just when I was beginning to think maybe Victor wouldn't mess with Victoria again he's at it again for the 300th time with false accusations against boneheaded Billy. Some things never change. It will be interesting to see how supportive Phyllis will be with Sharon. So far, so good. I know many of you don't appreciate the actress that is playing her, but I love that she's returned to be Phyllis.
Perhaps not amazed, but I am disappointed that Lola and Kyle split up. He went so out of his way to save her life. He really loved her. Without all of this interference from Summer and his scum bag "cousin," I don't think their marriage would end. Every marriage has ups and downs. I don't think they needed to give up so easily.

Victor really annoys me. Billy is being a complete idiot...but he didn't cheat, at least not physically. Victoria is so rigid. When your husband can't confide in you, he will confide in someone else. Duh. I don't really like Victoria or Billy right now. The entire storyline is frustrating. Billy's go-to move of self-sabotage as his way of mourning Delia is getting really old. He needs a psychiatrist, period. Victoria needs to get over her Electra complex with her father or she will never find lasting love and happiness. Enough.

I like that Phyllis is finally showing some depth in her character. Demonstrating complex emotions is so much more interesting than just being a villain all of the time.

Chance looks HOT with his new haircut.

Theo looks like he is wearing a cheap wig. Somebody needs to give him a makeover. The way his "hair" falls on the back of his head is so unattractive. Somebody at Y&R needs to address his appearance.

Sharon’s dream episode was boring to me... and I like Sharon.

Victor’s special episodes have been pushed back to the 18th, 19th and 20th due to preemptions.

Sharon’s dream episode was boring to me... and I like Sharon.

Victor’s special episodes have been pushed back to the 18th, 19th and 20th due to preemptions.

We have out of town visitors with us so I'm behind with my viewing so haven't seen this episode yet. What are Victor's special episodes about?

They are 3 episodes to commemorate Eric Braeden’s 40th Anniversary with the show. The fictional occasion for the celebration is the 50th Anniversary of the founding of Newman Enterprises. Expect a lot of past clips and several guest returns ( ex-wife Julia, brother Matt and grandson Noah to name 3).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter