There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

You three are literally the reason I can't give up on DIS, if it's here or on FB I love hearing about your adventures! Maine looks absolutely beautiful and I would love to go simply for the lobstah!!! I loved reading all about your trip and can't wait to read about the next one especially since you'll be at WDW!

We wait at home until the arriving passenger has landed and then we leave for Midway so that we can avoid the run around. We live close enough that the passenger usually waits only a few minutes for us.

You can park in the lot for free!!! Walk right into the luggage pick up. That's what i did when we had our Dis meet here in Chicago last year. easy peasy. It's such a pain in the you know what to go round and round.

You might have to say you are eating dinner there.

don't they check?

I really enjoyed reading your Maine TR! I lived near Brunswick (Topsham to be exact) for about 3 years and really enjoyed it there. My first husband was stationed at Brunswick Naval Air Sation in the 90's. Lovely place! Freeport is such a great little town!

Thank you!!!
It really is beautiful! i am sure you loved every minute there. I would!!!

You three are literally the reason I can't give up on DIS, if it's here or on FB I love hearing about your adventures! Maine looks absolutely beautiful and I would love to go simply for the lobstah!!! I loved reading all about your trip and can't wait to read about the next one especially since you'll be at WDW!

HA! Thanks!!
Maine was beautiful.. Something i will never forget! Lobstah is delish! you should go just for a lobster roll.. YUMMM and please get a peanut butter whoopie pie!

We will have a BLAST in Disney i just know it!!!

Just to let you all know.. I have been working diligently on the kids binders.. It's HIGH time to kick my Disney planning in OVERDRIVE... along with keeping up with work too! LOL

What that?

What's my countdown???

keep-calm-and-we-leave-in-87-days.png

Wahoo!!!! So excited to see you girls again!!! Miss you both bunches!

And I am almost as excited to see where we are staying. LOL

D~

For HDDR just park at fort wilderness. The internal bus is not bad. We have gone to HDDR 3 times. First time I think we were staying at BLT and took the boat back and forth. 2nd time we drove to Ft wilderness and took the internal buses. Very easy. Last time we took the boat from MK to get there. Had an unmagical trip home, first cast member told us which bus to get on, we got on that bus, then bus driver said no you belong on the bus with the driver who told us she wasn't going to GF. The driver was not happy about having to drive us to GF. Did put a damper on my nice sangria buzz.

Your right i can't BUT if i drive this day i could...

I do think going straight from HS over to one of the resorts is going to be our best bet.

I do want to utilize the EMH's... might happen!

Not to be a stick in the mud and this is mainly just my opinion, but driving to the Magic Kingdom is a pain in the patootie. You would have to park at the TTC and then take a ferry or monorail to the Magic Kingdom, and then get the boat to Fort Wilderness.

The advantage to the boat is that it drops you off closer to the settlement in Fort Wilderness, so you don't have to take the internal bus.

What time are you going to HDDR? If you are going to the 4:30 show, are you going to a park afterwards? Then you could go to Magic Kingdom after HDDR. If you are going to the early show after HDDR you could go to the Campfire Singalong with Chip and Dale at the Campground too. Movies, Campfire, s'mores!

If you are going to the late show, there used to be buses directly to the resorts from the campground.

I don't think you would have any problems parking at the Wilderness Lodge, but I think the boat goes from Fort Wilderness, to Wilderness Lodge, then Magic Kingdom, then back to Fort Wilderness, so that would be a long boat ride.

For HDDR just park at fort wilderness. The internal bus is not bad. We have gone to HDDR 3 times. First time I think we were staying at BLT and took the boat back and forth. 2nd time we drove to Ft wilderness and took the internal buses. Very easy.

This is what I would recommend, too. Besides, there might be some campsites that are decorated for Christmas which would be fun to see from the internal buses.

I don't think you would have any problems parking at the Wilderness Lodge, but I think the boat goes from Fort Wilderness, to Wilderness Lodge, then Magic Kingdom, then back to Fort Wilderness, so that would be a long boat ride.

There are actually two different boat routes - the red flag and the blue flag - that stop at WL. One of them travels WL to MK and back. The other route travels CR - WL - FW. There are two boats that travel the resort route, one that travels clockwise and one counter-clockwise on Bay Lake. So it is possible that the boat that you would get on at WL would travel to CR before going to FW. You might get the return boat traveling to CR first before returning to WL, so it can take awhile using the boats from WL. We've gone to FW to eat at Trail's End, one of our favorite restaurants, and we like to walk the trail from WL to FW and stop and visit the horses before we eat. Then we grab the boat after we eat if going to MK or back to the lodge.

So, I only have selfish advice for you since I want there to be some overlap on our trips! LOL If I have your dates right I think this is where I think we overlap. :)

Your Day 1: 11/14/15 - No overlap because we will still be in NC on this day :(
Your Day 2: 11/15/15 - I highly recommend HS EMH hours because we will be there for those hours after we visit DTD for a bit (I told you my advice was purely selfish)
Your Day 3: 11/16/15 - Your MK Day - we will be there all day on this same day so great planning :)
Your Day 4: 11/17/15 - Your AK Day - we will be there that morning and then hopping to Epcot for late afternoon/evening and watching Illuminations
Your Day 5: 11/18/15 - Your Epcot Day - No overlap we will be at AK and HS and possibly MK
Your Day 6: 11/19/15 - In your post you had it listed a MNSSHP, but did you mean MVMCP? :) If so, we will be there on this date as well. Our plan is to be at Epcot that morning for Garden Grill breakfast and then afternoon and night at MK!

If I have the dates right it looks like there are opportunities for a Dismeet!!!!! Woohoo!! However, I could be completely off on the dates...LOL :(

Wahoo!!!! So excited to see you girls again!!! Miss you both bunches!

And I am almost as excited to see where we are staying. LOL

D~

i have no idea what your days are!!! When how what are we meeting?

For HDDR just park at fort wilderness. The internal bus is not bad. We have gone to HDDR 3 times. First time I think we were staying at BLT and took the boat back and forth. 2nd time we drove to Ft wilderness and took the internal buses. Very easy. Last time we took the boat from MK to get there. Had an unmagical trip home, first cast member told us which bus to get on, we got on that bus, then bus driver said no you belong on the bus with the driver who told us she wasn't going to GF. The driver was not happy about having to drive us to GF. Did put a damper on my nice sangria buzz.

i hear many stories of the same issues!!!
who knows what we will do here.

Not to be a stick in the mud and this is mainly just my opinion, but driving to the Magic Kingdom is a pain in the patootie. You would have to park at the TTC and then take a ferry or monorail to the Magic Kingdom, and then get the boat to Fort Wilderness.

Yes i know.. Doesn't sound very timely..

The advantage to the boat is that it drops you off closer to the settlement in Fort Wilderness, so you don't have to take the internal bus.

That's why i wanted to take the boat.

What time are you going to HDDR? If you are going to the 4:30 show, are you going to a park afterwards? Then you could go to Magic Kingdom after HDDR. If you are going to the early show after HDDR you could go to the Campfire Singalong with Chip and Dale at the Campground too. Movies, Campfire, s'mores!

BUSTED! Now i know your not reading my report! HA HA
the last show at 8:30

87 days!! :dogdance:

GIDDY!!!

This is what I would recommend, too. Besides, there might be some campsites that are decorated for Christmas which would be fun to see from the internal buses.

Oh. Well that i want to see!

So, I only have selfish advice for you since I want there to be some overlap on our trips! LOL If I have your dates right I think this is where I think we overlap. :)

Your Day 1: 11/14/15 - No overlap because we will still be in NC on this day :(
Your Day 2: 11/15/15 - I highly recommend HS EMH hours because we will be there for those hours after we visit DTD for a bit (I told you my advice was purely selfish)
Your Day 3: 11/16/15 - Your MK Day - we will be there all day on this same day so great planning :)
Your Day 4: 11/17/15 - Your AK Day - we will be there that morning and then hopping to Epcot for late afternoon/evening and watching Illuminations
Your Day 5: 11/18/15 - Your Epcot Day - No overlap we will be at AK and HS and possibly MK
Your Day 6: 11/19/15 - In your post you had it listed a MNSSHP, but did you mean MVMCP? :) If so, we will be there on this date as well. Our plan is to be at Epcot that morning for Garden Grill breakfast and then afternoon and night at MK!

If I have the dates right it looks like there are opportunities for a Dismeet!!!!! Woohoo!! However, I could be completely off on the dates...LOL :(

I like selfish advice since i just posted on your report about the same thing!! LOL!
I will most likely see you:
11/15
11/16
11/17 maybe
11/19 for the CHRISTMAS party not Halloween!

Check that out! YAY US!

Now if i can get some plans out of Suzi this is going to be the BEST!

Still working on Meg's Binder.. Once i am done with the three of them. It sould be around my FP day
then it's onto my spreadsheets! lots to do lots to do...

I like selfish advice since i just posted on your report about the same thing!! LOL!
I will most likely see you:
11/15
11/16
11/17 maybe
11/19 for the CHRISTMAS party not Halloween!

Check that out! YAY US!

Now if i can get some plans out of Suzi this is going to be the BEST!

Ok, now this is NO excuse for us not to meet at some point during this trip! :)

Thank you!!! How does the overactive work? besides what you posted? do you have weight issues? Are the opposite of the hypothyroid? You said it best.. IT BLOWS!
I do need that beer... and a comfy couch with a great movie.
beer in my house is a necessity!

You're welcome. Overactive is the "same" but different than under active. Generally, we are "skinny fat". I can gain muscle, but so hard to lose body fat. Hormone imbalances. Chin Acne. Night sweats. "The shakes". Again, you're looking great. Now to get caught up on the rest of this thread!

Oh. Well that i want to see!

The campsite decorations are pretty neat. We did the sleigh ride at Christmas this past year because I had heard so much about them. You do want to see this! It is a little blurry because my camera takes terrible night pictures, but here is a pic of one of the MANY camp sights. It will give you an idea of what to expect...
fortwilderness.jpg

Wait! What?o_O I missed that, I am definately reading, but didn't remember.

Will there be a quiz on this Pre Trip Report?:teacher:

:D

HA HA HA HA HA... just kidding around. I am sure you are.. Yet you know i have to give you grief! lol

There is a quiz...

Ok, now this is NO excuse for us not to meet at some point during this trip! :)

I agree!!!

You're welcome. Overactive is the "same" but different than under active. Generally, we are "skinny fat". I can gain muscle, but so hard to lose body fat. Hormone imbalances. Chin Acne. Night sweats. "The shakes". Again, you're looking great. Now to get caught up on the rest of this thread!

Skinny fat! WHAT?
OK there is differences. When i am "off" i have a terrible temper, like a loose cannon, i am all over the place, unfocused, foggy is a better way to put it. and then the weight comes on hard core. doesn't matter what i eat i will gain, plus being very lethargic doesn't help it. in the end it's like being a blob who wants to sleep 12 hours or more.

The campsite decorations are pretty neat. We did the sleigh ride at Christmas this past year because I had heard so much about them. You do want to see this! It is a little blurry because my camera takes terrible night pictures, but here is a pic of one of the MANY camp sights. It will give you an idea of what to expect...

Look how FUN and PRETTY!!!! you sold me on this.. I would love to see all that fun stuff!!!!

ALMOST DONE!

I have been working diligently On the binders.. I will be done with Meg's today. Once i have the first done then i can just tweak it for the boys. THen it's onto the MOVIE! yep i am making another home movie of our past trips.. AM I NUTS???

It will be for the NIGHT BEFORE DISNEY when we are gearing up for the trip!!! CANNOT WAIT!

Now that sounds like a fun idea...the movie for the night before your trip!

Have a great weekend!

Look how FUN and PRETTY!!!! you sold me on this.. I would love to see all that fun stuff!!!!

You might even want to look into the sleigh ride. I know there is a limit of 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. I am not sure if your littles are what they qualify as "small children", but you could call and ask. If I recall correctly, I think it was $80 for the sleigh ride and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was really neat. They make sure to take you down the paths where all the big sights of Christmas lights are. We also had several of the decked out golf carts drive bye us while we were being g pulled around. I think there last ride was at 10:00 pm, maybe...so you might be able to get it in after HDDR. I don't know if they are doing it still this year... but afterwards the sleigh driver surprised me with this beauty. The driver said they had JUST started giving these out and I was the first she got to give it to which of coarse brought on the water works.
pin.jpg

ALMOST DONE!
AM I NUTS???

Is this a trick question? :jester:

Since you like to do surprises for your kids...have you thought about doing the coupons that you can request here on the Dis (you're talented enough, you could probably make them yourself) for your littles? Here is an example of them
savannah15_zpsf3a81e08.jpg

We had stockings hanging in the window when we went and each morning before the kids got up I stuffed their stockings with all sorts of Disney stuff: t'shirts (with design created by one of the graphics people here on the Dis), watches, necklaces, glow sticks/jewelry for the night shows and several of these coupons related to the park they were going to that day ( I kept it a secret as to which park we were going to and what day so this was how they found out what park was that day's destination). I had coupons for Mickey crispy treat, Pick a pearl, Christmas tree ornament, pretzels, glow with the show ears, invitations to the dessert party and more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter