Things that should come back

Do they still have the baby races in the lobby? We really enjoyed watching the baby’s crawl across the finish line. We just cruised on the Fantasy and I don’t recall hearing about them. And to be honest I do miss the daily navigator. It was like our morning paper on deck 4 with our coffee.

Things that should come back?

What I call the big 3.

1. Common Sense
2. Courtesy (To staff & fellow cruisers)
3. Consideration for others. (It's not all about you)

Anymore whether it's in WDW, on a DCL, or anywhere else for that matter, so many people are so angry, aggressive, confrontational, short-tempered, and divisive. I guess at 58 I'm getting old and the world is starting to race past me. My dad when I was growing up used to tell me, " Help shape the world for the positive, don't let it shape you."

We just cruised in August and it was wonderful. It really felt like the cruises we were used to. I just saw another thread about Jack Jack Diaper Dash! That was the baby race I was thinking of!

Honestly I’d be happy with anything before noon as a PAT. The check in is at 5am UK time and it’s always awful to wake up then.

I'd be happy with a 5:00 am check in, I'm up then. :laughing:

For maybe out last 10 cruises pre covid we were always on board by noon and we really enjoyed lunch at a deserted Cabanas. That was a big part of our day 1 experience. Like I said I would even understand if we got automatic 2 or 3, as the difference would be minimal, but give it to us like they used to. Don't make us have to compete to mostly likely get worse.

Paper menus as standard! It is a pain having to keep asking for them!

Also, on our cruise last week Cabanas closed at 2pm every day. No option of going for a quick lunch when you get back from excursions at 3pm. No dinner option for the kids when they get starving hungry at 5:30pm and you are on late dinner sitting…

Also, the chicken tenders on our cruise last week were horrid. Bring back the old ones!

Is it possible to get a paper print out of the Navigator? DD w/ special needs likes to hold onto schedules and can't always manage using it on the phone.

Is it possible to get a paper print out of the Navigator? DD w/ special needs likes to hold onto schedules and can't always manage using it on the phone.
You can ask at Guest Services but the sheet they give you is what they give the CMs to keep track of activity times. It is difficult to read and GS delivers it when they get around to doing it. Sometimes it is early in the day, sometimes is it late afternoon. They will not give you anything at GS desk. They deliver it to your fish in an envelop so no one else sees it. They want to avoid others knowing it is available.

I think our best chance to bring back some of the events that we all miss and would love to see return is to fill out our comment cards and post cruise surveys. If enough of us ask we just might get our wish! My first request will be themed lunch buffets!!! If you haven’t experienced them you will not be disappointed

How about Bridge and Galley tours as well as Mickey mail.
Bridge tours are gone completely the spot they used to use on the Magic and Wonder for them was taken over by the gym and the new ships never had it back in. Also at the time that Disney stopped doing them many other lines did as well it's not really something that they do anymore except by a special invitation by the captain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter