Third Wave is Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard when 16+ will be included for vaccines? My son was notified that he can get the vaccine under child care group as he is employed by summer camp as a counsellor (work gave out notes, etc). But when we went to sign him up yesterday, it said it was 18+ and my son is 16. It didn't surprise me to see the age restriction, but I do wonder when it'll open up to the 16-17 year olds. I would feel a whole lot better if he was vaccinated (or one dose at least) as a counsellor.

Has anyone heard when 16+ will be included for vaccines? My son was notified that he can get the vaccine under child care group as he is employed by summer camp as a counsellor (work gave out notes, etc). But when we went to sign him up yesterday, it said it was 18+ and my son is 16. It didn't surprise me to see the age restriction, but I do wonder when it'll open up to the 16-17 year olds. I would feel a whole lot better if he was vaccinated (or one dose at least) as a counsellor.
My son will also be allowed to get a vaccine as a camp counsellor ( he’s 17) IF camp is allowed to proceed which is still not known in Ontario . I’m not even sure which vaccines are approved for under 18 so I don’t have any details . I imagine their place of employment will let them know when and if it becomes available for their group in their public health region .

My son will also be allowed to get a vaccine as a camp counsellor ( he’s 17) IF camp is allowed to proceed which is still not known in Ontario . I’m not even sure which vaccines are approved for under 18 so I don’t have any details . I imagine their place of employment will let them know when and if it becomes available for their group in their public health region .
Yes same "if" it runs. We are in Ontario as well. As of now, it's just Pfizer for 16 year olds (and this is the same one that was tested for 12-15 year olds which I'm hoping will get approved in near future). Our employment said they can proceed and he has the letter. The child care category just opened up for us yesterday...you must be the same... but the sign up (at least where I am located) said 18+ under "adults".

Pfizer has been approved for 16 and up so far. My friend in London took her turning 16yo at risk daughter to Guelph a few weeks back to get her first shot.

I am off to get tested this morning. Came home from work yesterday (no one in the office but me) and I was in bed at 7pm, asleep by 9pm, both are not like me at all. My chest feels heavy and now my glands feel sore.

The chest part is what has me concerned. I had this last April when I was 95% sure I had covid. It was horrible. Anyhoo, I am now thinking what / who did I see this week. Two coworkers popped in for a 5 minutes each but we all had on masks and kept distance. I haven't been "out" since Saturday getting groceries.

I am likely just fighting a sickness, but obviously need to know one way or another.
I hope your test comes back negative.

I am currently quarantining in our bedroom. I had a horrible headache Sunday night before going to bed. Woke up Monday, same headache and some cold symptoms, but I couldn't smell the two faced pallet I pulled out to cover my tired eyes a little wake me up of some shadow. I called into work, locked myself in our bedroom. Went for a test...it came back positive Wednesday.

We have zero idea where I picked it up. I am thinking that someone at my full time job is a non symptomatic carrier. They are all young men ( under 35 ) who talk medical terms equally as good as their FB medical degrees allow them to. They have zero regard for the following the rules they have. I did break my rule of NOT touching their things, when I had to rush and answer a phonecall at someone elses's desk. :sad2: :scared1:

OH well, I am making the best of it. Enjoying dh delivering my meals in the bedroom and watching all the Netflix and Disney+ I can.

I am currently quarantining in our bedroom. I had a horrible headache Sunday night before going to bed. Woke up Monday, same headache and some cold symptoms, but I couldn't smell the two faced pallet I pulled out to cover my tired eyes a little wake me up of some shadow. I called into work, locked myself in our bedroom. Went for a test...it came back positive Wednesday.

We have zero idea where I picked it up. I am thinking that someone at my full time job is a non symptomatic carrier. They are all young men ( under 35 ) who talk medical terms equally as good as their FB medical degrees allow them to. They have zero regard for the following the rules they have. I did break my rule of NOT touching their things, when I had to rush and answer a phonecall at someone elses's desk. :sad2: :scared1:

OH well, I am making the best of it. Enjoying dh delivering my meals in the bedroom and watching all the Netflix and Disney+ I can.

oh no! sending you hopes for a speedy recovery and very mild symptoms.

Pumpkin1172
Hi Hon
Dang! Double Dang!
I am so sorry Hon ,,and I am hoping that you get a very mild case.
I do read the *Something About Nothing * thread and have been praying you'd get a negative result.
Enjoy that special attention hubby is giving you and keep your spirits up!
Listen closely to your body and rest well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When in doubt call the doctor.
I'll be thinking of you!!
Check in when you can and keep us updated if possible.

Hugs sweetie

1619806394758.png
Mel

P.S.
I am hoping that AstraZeneca shot you got helps in some way.
You got it around April 21st right?

Last edited:

I hope it’s a mild case and you’re able to get lots of rest and your family takes great care of you .

OMG so sorry to hear your news. Like everyone else here, I hope it is a mild case and that you recover quickly.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this!! Wishing you a speedy recovery, take care of yourself :grouphug:

Thank you for all the well wishes.

It just sucks as we haven't seen anyone outside of our household bubble since the beginning of April. So far my symptoms are very mild. We have tried tried very hard to keep it light and positive. We are all now quarantining in separate areas of the house.

Thank you for all the well wishes.

It just sucks as we haven't seen anyone outside of our household bubble since the beginning of April. So far my symptoms are very mild. We have tried tried very hard to keep it light and positive. We are all now quarantining in separate areas of the house.

Oh no Pumpkin feel better soon . So scary .. prayers to you

So this is interesting...

Death due to COVID-19 parties could lead to manslaughter charges: experts

https://www.cp24.com/news/death-due...ead-to-manslaughter-charges-experts-1.5408603
Yup that idiot has been in the news here several times. He repeatedly had parties after warning each time. It looked like a nightclub in his condo. Neon lights, stripper pole, bar. Unbelievable. I think he should have gotten a lot more penalties. What a jerk. $5000 is a drop in the bucket for him.

I am off to get tested this morning. Came home from work yesterday (no one in the office but me) and I was in bed at 7pm, asleep by 9pm, both are not like me at all. My chest feels heavy and now my glands feel sore.

The chest part is what has me concerned. I had this last April when I was 95% sure I had covid. It was horrible. Anyhoo, I am now thinking what / who did I see this week. Two coworkers popped in for a 5 minutes each but we all had on masks and kept distance. I haven't been "out" since Saturday getting groceries.

I am likely just fighting a sickness, but obviously need to know one way or another.
Sending you good thoughts, let us know your results. We all went to be tested in March and I was surprised that we got our results online that evening.

🥺 oh no Pumpkin I’m so sorry to hear that. And you had your AZ jab 2 weeks ago. I hope you have a mild case. Dang. Keep us posted.

Hoping you recover quickly.

Get your vaccines folks.
Here in the U.K. we’ve gone 70%+ immunity and Covid is finished.
Despite opening many things, and testing tens of thousands of school kids a week (all get free lateral flows), Covid is now collapsing, down 40% in just this past week and 60% of the population is now living in a totally Covid free country.
In the next few weeks we will have virtually no Covid left.
US is a bit behind us but not much- hopefully vaccine hesitancy won’t stop them getting to where we are by June.
Canada has unfortunately very slow vaccine rollout but I’m think will catch up by later in summer?

I heard on talk radio today that Pfizer will now be shipping to 🇨🇦 From their plant in Kalamazoo Michigan. We have been receiving the Pfizer vaccine from their facility in Belgium. It has to do with an international sales/shipping policy which has been changed that was put into place by the previous government in the US. It will definitely expedite the procurement process.

Something to keep in mind is when original vaccine deals were being made we had no way of knowing what the outcome of the US election would be. We hedged our bets and sourced from the EU because we knew there was a greater chance of those contracts being honoured than if the election went a certain way. I’m trying VERY hard not to be political here .

We don’t make our own vaccine , and we did IMO the next smartest thing and didn’t rely on the unreliable. Yes it’s taking longer than some countries BUT to compare us to the US is ridiculous .. we have nowhere near the power or capability. We are also exactly on schedule despite the media constantly drumming up fear of shortages and deliveries. We aren’t behind what was promised and in fact we are right on target .

It’s also ludicrous to say the shutdowns aren’t working. Imagine what it would look like if we weren’t using shutdowns. India should provide a sobering example of how wildly out of control things could get very easily.

Something to keep in mind is when original vaccine deals were being made we had no way of knowing what the outcome of the US election would be. We hedged our bets and sourced from the EU because we knew there was a greater chance of those contracts being honoured than if the election went a certain way. I’m trying VERY hard not to be political here .

We don’t make our own vaccine , and we did IMO the next smartest thing and didn’t rely on the unreliable. Yes it’s taking longer than some countries BUT to compare us to the US is ridiculous .. we have nowhere near the power or capability. We are also exactly on schedule despite the media constantly drumming up fear of shortages and deliveries. We aren’t behind what was promised and in fact we are right on target .

It’s also ludicrous to say the shutdowns aren’t working. Imagine what it would look like if we weren’t using shutdowns. India should provide a sobering example of how wildly out of control things could get very easily.

Agree it’s ridiculous to compare us the US. Also they may be ahead of us now. But I have also heard some experts stating that at some point they expect Canada to pull ahead of the percentage of people vaccinated because we have less vaccine hesitancy here compared to the US.

We will get there. And probably sooner then we first thought. Just look at how many of us just got vaccinated and we didn’t expect that to happen until this summer.

Agree it’s ridiculous to compare us the US. Also they may be ahead of us now. But I have also heard some experts stating that at some point they expect Canada to pull ahead of the percentage of people vaccinated because we have less vaccine hesitancy here compared to the US.

We will get there. And probably sooner then we first thought. Just look at how many of us just got vaccinated and we didn’t expect that to happen until this summer.
My parents (age 60) are getting their Pfizer today and I am so relieved. It sounds like hubby and I (35) will be getting it by the end of May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter