This is my only chance to visit WDW on my birthday!

SoloDWGuy

Earning My Ears
Hey All,
I never get to go to WDW on my birthday - this is because I teach at a state college, and my birthday (01/16) always occurs during the first week of the semester. Try as I may to finagle a trip, alas, I cannot. However, the planets have aligned and Jan of 2020 is the first time that my birthday is a whole week before courses start. I've looked ahead to future birthdays and this looks like the only opportunity to visit WDW on my actual birthday!

Being that this is my only chance (for what seems to be an eternity), what suggestions do you all have to make it a great birthday at WDW? I'll be traveling solo, so I will have a fairly flexible schedule. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!!

I'd make a dining reservation at California Grill for the night of my birthday, for 2 1/2 to 3 hours before scheduled fireworks at MK. Ask for a window seat facing MK. Order a speciality drink and take outside and enjoy the fireworks from their observation deck.

I'd make a dining reservation at California Grill for the night of my birthday, for 2 1/2 to 3 hours before scheduled fireworks at MK. Ask for a window seat facing MK. Order a speciality drink and take outside and enjoy the fireworks from their observation deck.
Any particular tips on getting said window seat? Or would I have good luck just making the request when I get there?

If you make your reservation at the 3 hour mark to 2 1/2 hour mark, and let them know (you check in on the,second floor of the Contemporary) that you are willing to wait for a window seat, they will do their best to honor your request. If you order, it can be a meal or just appetizer, ddssert, drink (whatever you want). Please know this is considered a "sig nature" restaurant and a dress cod e. Men no t shirts, (polo or dresser) dress shorts\slacks. Women no tank, or short, shorts-just common sense) in my opinion.

• Get a birthday button to wear on your birthday. We put the date on it so the CMs know that 1/16 is really your birthday.
  • Tell the CMs at the restaurants you do that day that "TODAY is my birthday", not that you're "celebrating".
  • Have a glass of champagne during the fireworks.
  • Ride your favorite ride.
  • Eat your favorite snack.
  • Get photos with your favorite character.
  • Maybe do a special tour?
We are going for my DD's 20th birthday and I missed booking California Grill (her favorite) so I'm stalking MDX looking for an opening.

• Get a birthday button to wear on your birthday. We put the date on it so the CMs know that 1/16 is really your birthday.
  • Tell the CMs at the restaurants you do that day that "TODAY is my birthday", not that you're "celebrating".
  • Have a glass of champagne during the fireworks.
  • Ride your favorite ride.
  • Eat your favorite snack.
  • Get photos with your favorite character.
  • Maybe do a special tour?
We are going for my DD's 20th birthday and I missed booking California Grill (her favorite) so I'm stalking MDX looking for an opening.
Good ideas, thanks!

I booked myself the dessert party at MK as a birthday gift for myself. Ate a small snack earlier but called this my dinner. This has gotten too expensive to book for my entire family & I was on a solo birthday trip anyway. So....perfect.

[/QUOTE]
I'm stalking MDX looking for an opening.

Do you know how to use the ADR finder that Touring Plans puts out? I've never not found what I'm looking for & it texts me when it finds it, so I don't have to look.

Do you know how to use the ADR finder that Touring Plans puts out? I've never not found what I'm looking for & it texts me when it finds it, so I don't have to look.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah,. I do. Thanks! I got a BOG lunch that way :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter