• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"This is the BEST DAY EVER"A Dec'12 TR-A Princess's 5thBday and 3000 pics! UDx2 5/20

Our Stroll Continues

We had to keep truckin, though, because we had one thing on our minds!! BEACHES AND CREAM!! On our way to The Beach Club Resort, we saw some IllumiNations fireworks.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The Beach Club is so beautiful!! And you all are right--it smells great in there!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Do you see the Hidden Mickey?
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: Will we ever find Beaches and Cream?

Beaches & Cream

We meandered our way through, passing Cape May, and back outside to find Beaches and Cream.

Watching Mickey Mouse cartoons!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My dad and I got in line to place our orders. I am surprised by how small Disney restaurants are. It was very awkward to order take out, too. There were two lines right inside the door. One to order your food, then you had to push back through the lines to stand in the 2nd line of people waiting for their takeout orders.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

While waiting, we joined in a round of “Happy Birthday” to someone dining in the restaurant. Once back outside, we devoured our ice cream!! My parents split a vanilla sundae and we split a Butter Pecan milkshake. YUM!!! It was really difficult to make our way back to the parking lot after a full meal and dessert! LOL We must have been delirious, because there aren't any pictures!

We made our way back around and back to our cars.

ry%3D400

Up Next: I’m going to cry!!

Awesome the Christmas decorations are so pretty!
That does look odd about beaches and cream but I am also not surprised. Disney does have some odd lie policies.

Love your ds! What a cutie!

Awesome the Christmas decorations are so pretty!
That does look odd about beaches and cream but I am also not surprised. Disney does have some odd lie policies.

Love your ds! What a cutie!

hahaha Thanks! He keeps me on my toes, for sure!!!

Ha ha when my posts don't make any sense it means I am on the ipad! I hate typing on the ipad. That was supposed to say the line is odd at Beaches and cream

Im going to cry!

My parents could not believe I was making them get up at 6AM! "But, rope drop!!!!" I whined! LOL Then, as I was falling asleep, I realized the park opened at 9am and not 8am...they could sleep another hour! LOL Of course they were asleep and didn't get the message until they were already up in the morning. Oops!!!

Did I mention our hotel had a free hot breakfast buffet every morning? This turned out to be perfect for us! It was open from 7-9:30am and had a variety of hot and cold foods every morning. Just like the hotel room, it wasnt anything extravagant, but it saved us at least $20 every day on eating breakfast out!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We went through our pins we had bought on Ebay. My mom, DD, and I all took turns picking one for our collection. Olivia really enjoyed this!

These are the pins I started out with!
ry%3D400

After we were finished, we headed out! What park were we going to for our first day????

Magic Kingdom, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulling onto WDW property
ry%3D400

And into Magic Kingdom!
ry%3D400

We parked in Simba 11, just a few spots up from the tram stop! We parked and made sure we had all our necessities.

Diaper bag...check!
Autograph book...check!
Pins...check!
Tickets...check!
Snacks and drinks...check!

We loaded the stroller up and went to wait for the tram. I don't remember it waiting too long before we piled in!

ry%3D400

When we got to the TTC, we unloaded the tram and went back and forth for a few minutes about whether to take the monorail or a ferry. We decided on the monorail and started up the hill. I thought it was so rude that people were pushing their huge double strollers right into the monorail! We got the kids out and folded up our stroller to make as much room as possible. (We learned the error of our ways when we saw that EVERYBODY just pushed their kids onto the monorail. So, we ended up doing the same. It really was a huge headache to get the kids and all our bags out and fold it up each time. lol)

ry%3D400

Yay, we're here!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We ended up missing rope drop, after all. We got there at about 9:15. Oh well, I was just happy to be there at all!!

I had prepared myself so much for this trip, but what I was NOT prepared for was what I encountered walking into Magic Kingdom! "There's Snow White!" "There's Marie, the cat!" "Look at the horse!" I was pulled in so many directions at once!! It was so overwhelming! First things first, though. We needed to get Olivia's birthday button!

On our way, we saw a photopass photographer. We had bought into a PP share, so we needed to get a PP card. We asked him if he would take our picture. "Sure!" he said, so we went and sat down on the bench decorated for Christmas and waited for him to snap a pic. And waited....and waited...ummmm "Is he going to take our pic?" LOL The guy was just standing there with his back to us, looking out into the crowd. "I guess not." At that, he turned around and said "Do you want your picture?" I said "Ummmm yes!" lol He said "Well, you didn't ask!" OMG lol Oookayyyyy so we finally did get our first PP pictures! (And I don't even have our PP cd yet to show them to you.)

So, we got DD's birthday button and continued taking some pictures in the midst of all the madness of Main Street!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
[/IMG]

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then, I turned the corner, and there was Cinderella Castle!!!!!!!!!!!!! And cue the waterworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP NEXT: Cinderella Castle

Cinderella Castle

Cinderella Castle is seriously the most beautiful sight!!! Be prepared for a million pictures of it!

ry%3D400

We thought we would get in line for Snow White. The line seemed short enough. So we walked toward City Hall.

ry%3D400

We got in line and was told we would start the 10:00 line. It was just after 9:30 and I didn't want to spend my first hour in MK waiting in line. So, we decided to move on. My dad had disappeared, so my mom told us to go on. They would catch up with us! Apparently, they had some fun without us! lol

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We continued down Main Street.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: More Castle Pictures!

More Castle Pics

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We made our way around the castle toward Fantasyland!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We came upon Mad Tea Party! We were SO excited!!!! DH told me to go on with DD and he would park the stroller. Off we ran!!!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then, DH and DS joined us for a 2nd turn!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Up Next: Storybook Circus

Oh you are spoiling me at work!!! Love your DD Sass :) your family is beautiful! Can't wait to read more and more, the pictures are making me drool

Storybook Circus

When I left off, we had just ridden the teacups twice in a row. Well, that may have been a little too much fun! LOL DH and I were a tad bit dizzy. But, it was time to go to the circus!!!

We took off for Storybook Circus. Meanwhile, my parents were still having fun by themselves!!

ry%3D400

What's on his head?! LOL
ry%3D400

A nice passerby must have asked if they both wanted in the picture!
ry%3D400

We got our "tickets" and walked through the play area. There was NOBODY in line and the CM asked if we wanted to play or ride. RIDE, BABY, RIDE!!!! My parents showed up at Dumbo just in time for us to take flight!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Notice how DH is looking back in this picture?
ry%3D400

It's cause I was snapping this picture! LOL
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

When we were done with Dumbo, we found out where my parents had disappeared to!!

ry%3D400

The Chapeau!!

ry%3D400
[/IMG]

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We walked over to the Big Top to check out the goods!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Don't drool too much!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Side Note: This 25 picture per post rule is going to make this TR about a MILLION chapters long! LOL

Up Next: We rocket with Goofy!

Rocket with Goofy!

DD had a mini melt down in the shop because she wanted a Minnie doll. I knew my mom had already bought her one from Disney's website, it just hadn't arrived yet, so I tried my best to talk her out of it. I eventually just had to tell her "No!" We walked outside and my dad had bought me a Mickey pin! I mentioned I wanted to look for the "nerd" line of pins. I'm not sure what the actual title is, but it's the ones where the Fab Five are all wearing glasses. It is so cute!

We handed off the baby to my parents for a few minutes. DH, DD, and I headed to The Barnstormer! I had heard this was the best coaster for DD's first "thrill" ride.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!
ry%3D400

Okay, well maybe this is!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I just love Disney's theming!

Here we go! Would DD love it or hate it?!
ry%3D400

DH telling me to take a picture. Seriously?! DO YOU NOT KNOW ME YET?! My camera was on BLAST, baby!!! Rapid picture taking mode!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was giggling the entire time! hahaha This is such the cutest little roller coaster. I wish we would have had time to ride it again this trip, but we didn't ever make it back to Storybook Circus. There was just so much to do in one week!!

Up Next: New Fantasyland!!

New Fantasyland

This area was on my top 3 list of things to see in the entire Walt Disney World Resort!! I was SUPER excited and I knew DD would love it!!!!

Just beautiful!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This is my favorite picture of the entire trip! My mom captured it!
ry%3D400

We stopped at the restrooms to go potty, change the baby, and a photo shoot, of course!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We wanted to ride Under the Sea-Journey of The Little Mermaid Ride, but it was temporarily closed. So, we did the next best thing....the meet and greet!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This line was long! It was about 45 minutes. We left DS, who was napping in the stroller, with my dad.

So, how do we pass the time? More pictures!
ry%3D400

DH is too cool for school.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We were all so impressed with this Meet & Greet! I loved how they stop you before entering the room, so that when you turn the corner, BAM! There is Ariel!! And you have the entire room to yourself! We didn't feel rushed or anything!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ariel saw DD's Birthday Button and asked her if she was having seaweed cake and ice cream! lol

DH fell in love with Ariel. He kept saying "Wow, she's so beautiful!"

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Creepy stalker picture! I look like I'm photobombing them! But hey, you don't meet a mermaid and NOT get your picture with her!
ry%3D400

After meeting Ariel, guess who was awake?!

ry%3D400

Up Next: The Little Mermaid ride was working again!!!

So cute!

First picture I've seen of Ariel meet and greet! I love that it is her fin attire since you can Seeger in her dress elsewhere.

Under The Sea

When I left off, we had just met Ariel in her fin at the new Meet & Greet! We scurried on over to see if Ariel's ride was back up and working. It was! My dad decided to join us for this one since the wait wasn't too long (about 15 mins, I think) and Carter had woken up from his nap.

ry%3D400

I agree with everyone about this ride queue! It is amazing!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Carter is up to his usual antics.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Scuttle was there to greet us.
ry%3D400

We got in our clamshell and.......the ride stopped! :( We were assured it wouldn't take long and to stay seated. So we waited...and waited...and waited. It probably wasn't as long as it felt, though.

Finally, we were off!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This ride was awesome! So many bright colors and so much to look at! I could ride 10 times and still not see all the details! Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!

UP NEXT: An unexpected Meet & Greet and LUNCH!!!

An Unexpected M&G and the Poly

It was getting close to our 1:10 ADR for lunch at Kona. I knew we had to leave the park and hit the monorail or ferry boats to The Polynesian, so I wanted to leave in plenty of time. It was nearing 12:00, so we had better be off.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We left Fantasyland and were rounding the castle, when we saw the Fairy Godmother! She must have just gotten there because there were only 2 families in line! We couldn't pass this up!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

She was so lovely!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We must have stopped to take pictures of the Partners statue, too. It is one of my favorite things in Magic Kingdom!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We decided to take the ferryboat over to the Polynesian! It was a beautiful ride!!

Of course, Carter wanted to throw his paci...and then cry for it...and throw it again. lol Here is me attempting to entertain him!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We wound our way up to Kona, which was pretty easy to find. Once we checked in, it wasn't a long wait.

DH and DD relaxed in the lobby, waiting for our ADR.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

UP NEXT: Finally, the FOOD!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter