'This is the last time we'll do Disney' PSYCH! A 2019 Pre Trip Report

crazy_cremello

Listen to your Mumsy
I've heard these words before. 'This is the last time we'll do Disney'.

Heard it in 2008, heard it in 2016. Don't know why they keep trying to kid themselves.

:lovestruc WE'RE COMING HOME - MAY 2019. :lovestruc

Hello and welcome to my Pre Trip Report. Where else could I possibly talk about my trip in so much depth without getting strange looks, being told I'm ridiculous or even....receiving a yawn!? The Dis Boards, that's where.

So....what are the details so far I hear you ask?

The who: Myself, my Mum and my Dad
The where: Port Orleans French Quarter (First time on property. Freaking out.)
The when: May 11th - May 19th 2019
The why: My 25th birthday and a joint 60th birthday treat for my parents.

Disney Dining Plan? Yup. First time. Freaking out.

A little back story to the trip:

We live in the UK so it's a long way and not cheap to come to WDW...not that it's much cheaper for anyone else to be honest but ya know, the Atlantic Ocean to cross and all that.

This will be our 6th visit. (We have been blessed on trips in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2016.) Notice the significant gap between our last trips? Yeah well, you've read it twice already, might as well make it a third: 'This is the last time we'll do Disney'. 2016 was very spontaneous and not in our plans at all - but that's another back story for another time....

This trip came around simply because they announced they were getting rid of Illuminations *cries uncontrollably*. I'm heading to Massachusetts in November this year to see my pals for Thanksgiving (side note = buzzing for that experience!) but I started wondering after hearing this devastating news - why don't I change my flight home and spend a few nights down at WDW so I can watch my beloved firework display for 3 nights on the trot? Well, I planned and I flight searched, and I worked out my finances and I had it all set. But something held me back *I don't think I really wanted to do it without my Mum and Dad by my side* and I waited a day too long and by the time I was ready, it had gone up another £300 for 4 days. The budget I had allowed was already significant and I just couldn't stretch it that far.

So I get real sad and my heart aches for Illuminations. The reason I'm so sad about it going is because we've watched it multiple times on every trip, it's linked with the happiest memories of being with my family and my parents renewed their wedding vows in Florida in 2008 to 'We Go On'.

And that's when it happened. The words left the mouth. Real talk. Queue my Dad: '...why don't the 3 of us go next year, before the show ends?'

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

SAY THAT AGAIN FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK.

I nearly shed a millionth tear. 'The last time' is never really a last time because we all love that place. They perhaps love it a little more secretly than myself, but the love is there. Obviously you can imagine my excitement to hear that beautiful sentence...but there was 1 more thing to contend with. I just started a new job, and I already have 2 weeks in Mass this November, 1 week in Czech Republic & Poland booked for March....and 1 week in Belgium and Holland in June. My heart fell again, I had pretty much used my paid holiday allowance for next year already and to add another holiday in the middle of my existing ones? I thought I had no chance.

Luck was on my side, because my new boss is a hero. A legend. And as long as nobody else was off at the same time....I could take it unpaid. And here we are. I got my holiday within 2 hours of asking for the dates (shout out to my Mum for helping me out slightly and having my back, you tha best).

So then the planning started and it's just the absolute best. We looked at villas in Kissimmee (which is where we normally go)...we looked at hotels around Lake Buena Vista, thinking my Dad would want to keep everything as budget friendly as possible. But then I caught him looking on the Walt Disney World website...at Disney property...at tickets...at...DINING PLANS!?

I honestly don't think I can put into words how long I've waited for this kind of trip. I've been reading the Dis for a loooong time and have always been very envious of people doing exactly the above. But we priced it all up, and whilst it is a lot of money for 8 nights, knowing that our food is pretty much pre paid for, we don't have to hire a car (and more importantly, Dad doesn't have to drive every day) - the cost evened itself up nicely.

AND NOW WE ARE OFFICIALLY BOOKED FOR PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER, STANDARD DINING PLAN AND OUR FLIGHTS. Just gotta...save up some money to splurge on merchandise (which I'm really bad for by the way).

So, without further ado, here I list the restaurants I will be *attempting* to get ADR's for in 39 days :thumbsup2

Chef Art's Homecoming (Disney Springs - Dinner)
Sci-Fi Dine In (Hollywood Studios - Lunch)
1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian - Breakfast...might pay out of pocket though)
'Ohana (Polynesian Resort - Dinner)
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Dinner)

I have a lot more planning to do, and 3 more TS credits to figure out, but I'm rolling with this right now. We have been to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast on every single trip. It's tradition and I love that resort so much, it's beautiful. We did 'Ohana for the first time in 2016 and we all absolutely LOVED it. We had a window table and the view was fabulous, although my Mum was really quite poorly so I'm hoping this time she can enjoy it more!

Sorry the post is fairly text heavy, but I just needed to vent my excitement so bad.
Hope you enjoy following along, updates as I get them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter