This is Us- Season four

Yes, I remember him sitting at the park with his friends. They were talking about school starting and the bbq. They told Malik to stop looking at his phone and he said, "you would stare at her too if she was yours." Obviously we think he is talking about a girlfriend, but then we see him adjusting the camera over the babies crib so we know he was looking at the baby. I think the person suggesting the baby is Deja's is thinking that all the scenes we saw of Malik, his parents, working at the garage, the baby etc. are current time. The very last scene we see of Malik cooking burgers and talking to Deja is about a year in the past (as well as the scene of Randall asking Deja what was wrong with her face). This would indicate he met Deja at the bbq (a different bbq than the one they talk about in the current timeline), then they got pregnant. I am not 100% convinced the baby is not Dejas.
Timeline still doesn't work because Randall and Beth are moving into a new house.

I don't believe that Beth and Randall would let someone else raise Deja's baby without her.
And thus lies another chance for a different storyline. What happened to Deja that made her unable to care for this baby? 😂

Timeline still doesn't work because Randall and Beth are moving into a new house.
They couldn’t have moved into the new house a year ago? There is no time stamp on the scenes. I’m just saying that there are different possibilities because we don’t know exactly when the scenes happened. We just know when the writers want us to think they happened.

I thought Kevin, at least, was trying to sneak a taste of a 40th birthday cake. I believe there was cake at Randall's house, too.

I know the show skips around a lot, but I don't think for a second that the baby is Deja's. Even if she had the baby, then something drastic happened to her, I don't see Beth and Randall just giving up on any involvement in raising the child.

Instead, I think the baby will be a huge complication in the future Deja/Malick romance. Malick seems like a good kid--hard-working, gentle, with a good support system. But let's face it--being a teen parent is a monumental task, even under the best of circumstances.

Okay, I fully admit that at this point I am sort of “hate watching” the show because I’m curious about what happens to the big 3, but there are things that seriously annoy me about nearly every character. Sorry!

I was yelling at the TV last night when I watched it. First I kept saying, who ARE these people??? The military woman’s story looks interesting....the rest does not. It seems like the young dad is going to get involved in selling drugs and will claim its to help his daughter (um...you don’t need to pay thousands and thousands for preschool to raise your kid right!) And by default, Deja will get caught up in that somehow too.

But I lost it at the flash forward to Jack singing. First off, he wasn’t that good. Second....we don’t need a flashback storyline, a present day storyline, plus a future story line. Too much.

There ends my rant.

Yes, 39th birthday is August 31, 2019; it is season 4. Season 1 was 36, 2 was 37 and 3 was 38. If I remember correctly, while the years change, the birthday episode always shows Big 3 action that happens only on August 31—at least in their timeline. Jack was 36 on August 31, 1980—the day the triplets were born. Still their timeline.

So to extrapolate Malik. Deja and Malik met at a bbq on August 31, 2019. It is very reasonable to assume his daughter was born previously in 2019. If Deja was the baby’s mother, that would mean that Malik’s father babysat on Randall’s birthday. That would never happen if Deja were the mother. As I and others have stated, in no timeline would Deja have a child that her family did not provide primary guardianship or financial help. Deja is Randall and Beth’s child in every way. They would be intimately involved in her baby’s life.

Now, watching mama and papa bear deal with a boyfriend who is already a father but a great kid—that could make for some great tv. And as I type, would also explain storyline delving into Jack’s relationship with Rebecca’s parents.

Apparently the actor who plays Jack Damon has a musical theatre background. He has a degree in musical theatre, and he has been in productions of Les Mis, Newsies, Mary Poppins, Sweeney Todd, Man of La Mancha, Hair, Gypsy, and Peter Pan. He had his Broadway debut as the lead in the national tour of 42nd Street. I hope This Is Us propels his musical theatre career forward because I'd love to see him on stage one day. He is also an advocate for disabled actors, so maybe his role here will bring some attention to that cause.

They couldn’t have moved into the new house a year ago? There is no time stamp on the scenes. I’m just saying that there are different possibilities because we don’t know exactly when the scenes happened. We just know when the writers want us to think they happened.

This is my thought. I think they moved in a year ago.

My mind is trying to remember where everyone is. Randall was on East coast, Kevin and Kate on West coast. Rebecca and Miguel were East coast and talked of moving West? Is that correct? I was trying to figure out where everyone was. The birthday party was with Kevin and Rebecca and Miguel were at a house unpacking. But whose house were they in? I missed that.

This is my thought. I think they moved in a year ago.

My mind is trying to remember where everyone is. Randall was on East coast, Kevin and Kate on West coast. Rebecca and Miguel were East coast and talked of moving West? Is that correct? I was trying to figure out where everyone was. The birthday party was with Kevin and Rebecca and Miguel were at a house unpacking. But whose house were they in? I missed that.
Miguel and Rebecca decided to move to CA (and Kate agreed) after baby Jack was born season 3 episode 15 in present timeline (spring 2019). Season 3 episode 18 during present timeline, Beth tells Randall that a move to Philadelphia would help them make both their dreams work in addition to helping financially. Season 4 episode 1 shows both households post move in current timeline on Big 3 39th birthday In 2019. Malik and dad in truck conversation occurs in 2019 because a customer car on same day had a Pearson for Council sticker on it. Randall ran and won council seat when he was 38 during present timeline in season 3.

Miguel and Rebecca were at Kate’s because she said where does Kate keep something....and she told Kevin they have to wait for Kate and Toby when he tried to lick icing from the cake. They came home from the doctors and Kate told them no change in the baby sight.

I'm guessing no comments on last night's episode means I'm not alone in disliking it.....I found this episode to be so incredibly boring!

We did get the first look at the toddlers of the Big 3 at the end. Like there end of summer traditions. Showing the kids are growing but a look back at them young. Even the middle set were so young when they started and the change in them was nice to see.

Well it answered everyone’s question about Déjà and the new boy friend. It is in the now.

Loved Tess’s new hair cute. Always like Beth and Randal.

Interesting that Toby is hiding going to the gym to get fit and Kate over eating.

Kevin story is always the same.

So let me guess, Kate is going to become super insecure about Toby getting into shape.

I just got a chance to watch last night's episode, and I really enjoyed it. I loved the song at the end.

Beth's worst case scenario really hit home with me. It's one of the things that I've always worried about while raising my children and especially now that they are adults.

I wonder how Kevin meets Cassidy's son (Matthew?), since he was introduced to her as his friend. I hope that Kevin is strong enough in his sobriety to not fall with Nicky.

It's going to be interesting to see how everything develops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter