This is Us- Season four

Asante Blackk is 17 his birthday just passed so those episodes he was like 16 because they started shooting in the summer.
Also his Aunt is Samira Wiley from Orange is the new black and the Handsmaids tale.

Yes he did.

I have loved both episodes so far this season. Feels kind of like a reboot to me. And with this show a lot of times parallel's real life I mean how many times in life do you never meet new people especially in a big family.

I totally see the family resemblance!!!

I am not even sure Milo is totally my type, more Jack. It isn't even about looks with this one. It is the way Jack looks at Rebecca - their storyline is really beautiful.

------------------

OT - But I do have interesting attractions. They include Jeff Van Gundy, Kumail Nanjiani and Preet Bharara.

And here's another example where I am attracted to a character but not an actor - Cole from The Affair, nothing for Joshua Jackson.
:rotfl2:While those are all probably very nice people, as "dream-boats" go, well, have you seen an optometrist lately?

Jack Pearson always looks just this side of grimy to me, which is why I thought you'd mentioned liking Daryl Dixon. :blush: As for Cole Lockhart - tell my you're kidding? He's a pathetic cuckold and I've always found the Allison character repulsive. Are you watching this season? Gotta say I'm really not liking the "future Joanie" storeyline.

:offtopic: Sorry @kimblebee. Please resume your regularly scheduled discussion of This Is Us. :flower3:

:rotfl2:While those are all probably very nice people, as "dream-boats" go, well, have you seen an optometrist lately?

Jack Pearson always looks just this side of grimy to me, which is why I thought you'd mentioned liking Daryl Dixon. :blush: As for Cole Lockhart - tell my you're kidding? He's a pathetic cuckold and I've always found the Allison character repulsive. Are you watching this season? Gotta say I'm really not liking the "future Joanie" storeyline.

:offtopic: Sorry @kimblebee. Please resume your regularly scheduled discussion of This Is Us. :flower3:

Like any thread, this one ebbs and flows on many topics.

OMG I love the affair. This season is really different. Don't like the Whitney storyline. It's like since Allison and Cole are gone, minor characters are getting main story lines. I don't know about the Joanie story, all I think of is Sookie from True Blood when I see her. Forgive me Kimblebee.

Now back to This is Us.

I can so relate to how Jack and Rebecca felt at the pool. I alway say "motherhood is not for the faint of heart." To see your kids grow and stray from you is hard. It's normal, but heartbreaking. It was sad seeing the different scenes from the pool. The kids piling on Jack on one chair, to separate chairs, to no kids in chairs.

I’m like you. I don’t go for pretty guys, like, at all. Having said that, I drool over Kevin/Justin every single scene he’s in. It’s mostly his character though. He’s so flawed, but his heart is so good and he tries so hard.

Bang on, on the bold.

He has become such an interesting character. Hopefully they stay with some of his poor decision making/selfish ways into the future as well. As people don't change all that much. Well, in my opinion.

Also his Aunt is Samira Wiley from Orange is the new black and the Handsmaids tale.

What a resemblance!

I'll get right on it.

Jack Pearson always looks just this side of grimy to me, which is why I thought you'd mentioned liking Daryl Dixon.

Figured that is where it was coming from, but nope.

As for Cole Lockhart - tell my you're kidding? He's a pathetic cuckold.

Confused. Are you subtly saying you don't like Cole? :laughing:;)

-----------

I was somebody who waited for every episode of The Affair with such excitement. Couldn't wait for the next week to come. Barely made it through the depressing Season 3 - or whatever season Noah's breakdown was - but they rebounded.

However, I don't have the channel anymore. Sad face. But then again I loved Cole and the thought of hearing Noah talk and talk and talk doesn't sound all that exciting. Or Whitney whine. Helen I like.

Athena used to entertain me - does she make a return re:Joanie?

I would love to be able to watch it :sad1: even if it is disappointing.

I understand Alison's faults but I also adore Ruth Wilson. Beyond talented. I also understood Alison in many ways, despite her flaws. Remain curious about what went on in the background with her departure. And then Joshua Jackson as well. All so very strange, the coded comments.

Last edited:
Bang on, on the bold.

He has become such an interesting character. Hopefully they stay with some of his poor decision making/selfish ways into the future as well. As people don't change all that much. Well, in my opinion.

What a resemblance!

I'll get right on it.

Figured that is where it was coming from, but nope.

Confused. Are you subtly saying you don't like Cole? :laughing:;)

-----------

I was somebody who waited for every episode of The Affair with such excitement. Couldn't wait for the next week to come. Barely made through the depressing Season 3 - or whatever season Noah's breakdown was - but they rebounded.

However, I don't have the channel anymore. Sad face. But then again I loved Cole and the thought of hearing Noah talk and talk and talk doesn't sound all that exciting. Or Whitney whine. Helen I like.

Athena used to entertain me - does she make a return re:Joanie?

I would love to be able to watch it :sad1: even if it is disappointing.

I understand Alison's faults but I also adore Ruth Wilson. Beyond talented. I also understood Alison in many ways, despite her flaws. Remain curious about what went on in the background with her departure. And then Joshua Jackson as well. All so very strange, the coded comments.
I don't know how much you want me to tell you, I wouldn't want to "spoil" the entire final season. I'm sorry about the comments; I assumed you were watching it. :o

I don't know how much you want me to tell you, I wouldn't want to "spoil" the entire final season. I'm sorry about the comments; I assumed you were watching it. :o

I might give in and pay the price, so don't tell me for now (I will PM if I don't see it) Long story but it is not about The Affair, which I do want to see badly. It is a personal standoff with my provider Bell re: Crave TV, who has suddenly become one slimy company. The joys of Canadian conglomerates.

---------

Forgot to mention this earlier -

This Is Us creator Dan Fogelman wrote the first episode this season. I wonder how long it has been since he did that on his own. Noting that fact because that may be why it feels like a reboot to some.

Last edited:
It was nice to see young Kevin there for Randal. On the first season Kevin was not close to him and didn’t talk to him but Kate did . We have a lot more to see.

I knew Randal was going to fire that lady. Now let’s see it play out and if it was a mistake.

Now we know Déjà is not the mother of that baby and how he has custody of it. Loved that Tess and Déjà are so close.

I think we are about to see drunk Jack again.

That hostess should have knew Kate wasn’t fitting in that booth. I liked their storyline tonight. Great ending.

It was nice to see young Kevin there for Randal. On the first season Kevin was not close to him and didn’t talk to him but Kate did . We have a lot more to see.

I knew Randal was going to fire that lady. Now let’s see it play out and if it was a mistake.

Now we know Déjà is not the mother of that baby and how he has custody of it. Loved that Tess and Déjà are so close.

I think we are about to see drunk Jack again.

That hostess should have knew Kate wasn’t fitting in that booth. I liked their storyline tonight. Great ending.

We knew before that Deja wasn't the mother of the baby.

And I was thrilled that Randall fired that woman. She absolutely deserved it. Can't undermine your boss like that, especially the constant eye rolls.

Another solid episode. I liked that Toby realized that a booth was not going to work and tried to make it seem like it was his issue. He loves Kate so much.

I hope we see more of the neighbour. Be nice to see him progressing too.

We knew before that Deja wasn't the mother of the baby.

And I was thrilled that Randall fired that woman. She absolutely deserved it. Can't undermine your boss like that, especially the constant eye rolls.
Well I knew to but others on this thread did not , they thought the baby could be Deja’s. Plus we now know the mother didn’t want that baby.

I really liked this episode! I love the relationship developing between Kevin and Nicky. I really love how they are helping each other, Kevin needs someone to need him and Nicky needs human connection. I loved how they got kicked out of the meeting!

I love Kates neighbor. I hope we see more of him.

Asante Blackk is 17 his birthday just passed so those episodes he was like 16 because they started shooting in the summer.

THANK YOU! He was driving me crazy!! I didnt see any movies that he was in but his face looked SO familiar! His aunt is Pussay from Orange. He has the same face and smile! I wonder if she is his moms sister. Wow, he could be her child they look so alike!

I liked that Toby realized that a booth was not going to work and tried to make it seem like it was his issue. He loves Kate so much.
I agree, but I also think it's something that Toby could have addressed with the hostess privately before Kate arrived. Seems like something that would come up often when they eat out. She handled it well, but how embarrassing for Kate.

I agree, but I also think it's something that Toby could have addressed with the hostess privately before Kate arrived. Seems like something that would come up often when they eat out. She handled it well, but how embarrassing for Kate.
I was mortified for Kate. I really like seeing how they have tied in "The Big Three" as younger kids and how it affects them today...I think it is what makes this show so special. They open up raw emotions, and it feels like real life not just a tv show. I have to say I was cracking up when the vet and Uncle Nicky were laughing at Kevin. It was good to see him not take their laughing to heart. I am excited about next week to see more of Beth and Randall's journey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter