This weeks burning question

Will fears of a worsening economy affect your travel plans?

• Yes - I've decided not to travel this year

• Maybe - It depends on if the right deal comes along

• No - I'm going on vacation!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think we are the same as folks who may be scaling back a bit due to personal financial issues rather than the economy. DH quit an overseas job he was working which compensated him very well, due to our little man coming into our lives. Before, we were happy, selfish, vacationing DINKs....now lotsa $$ goes to daycare, diapers, etc. (All so worth it, by the way:cloud9: ) Combine that with DH's return to a normal job, and although we are still vacationing, it is most certainly not with the same spa bill and restaurant selections as before.

I'm in the minority, but that is a good thing I guess. Due to possible lay offs and instability in my field and my personal econonics, I highly doubt we'll be travelling anywhere this year. I'm cutting coupons, paying off debt and on a strict budget.
I'm hoping things will turn around in the spring and I can start planning a late summer/fall trip, but at the moment, the earliest Disney trip for us is possibly January 2009.

I certainly can't complain! We had 4 big trips in 3 years and each was WONDERFUL!

I voted maybe. Right now we have a nice long stay booked at WDW for the end of summer but at this point I am annoyed at Disney and I don't know how much money I want to give them. :headache: If the finances allow we will make the two week trip to Florida and do Disney and Universal with some time spent visiting family in the area. If finances don't allow we will head down and visit family as planned but will have to cut back on the theme park time or cut it out all together. I don't want to go into debt to go on vacation as much as I am dieing for a nice long vacation.

I'm with the others who say- I live to go on vacation!! I'll limit my driving, dining out, etc. before I cancel my WDW trips!!

If it is true, then does that mean less crowds in the Park. Heck yeah I'm still going.:lmao: Honestly though, crowds or no crowds I'm going. I would never let a report like that keep me from having my fun. I work hard and going to Disney is one of my great enjoyments.

I voted Maybe....We'll still do something, but since everything has gone up except our salaries, we have to dip into the vacation budget for everyday stuff....so we're playing it by ear!

No doubt vacations for our family is a must! we usually take one or two big vacations per summer and then one or two smaller budgeted vacations around those.

Truth be told, it's all of the summer vacation planning that get's me through the winter. If I didn't have any vacations to plan during the winter months, well I'd just give up and freeze to death:eek:

One day, I will call Florida HOME!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !!!! We feel the exact same way, even right down to moving down there one day!:) (We were stationed there in 1996/1997, and moved back to Ohio..what were we THINKING?)

nope...just got back from one vacation and am now trying to decide just when to do the next one.

We're kind of "insulated" from a lot of the economy's effects...very stable job for dh, and i'm self-employed. So, being the DINKS that we are, our major expenses are doubling up on our mortgage payments, and the dang power bill in the summer in south alabama....lol........

That said, we've sort of scaled back in ways.... we don't buy the DDP, we got the DDE instead, and eat only one meal in the parks a day, instead of three. We won't rent a golf cart every trip to Fort Wilderness, some trips we'll use bikes.

We're going on holiday :)
2 weeks at Disneyland Paris :woohoo:
We are staying in Davy Crockett Ranch so can self-cater if we need to watch costs.
Holidays with the troops is to precious a time with them to contemplate not going.

:grouphug: for anyone who's circumstances means they will be abstaining.

Were heading out to Czech Republic and Turkey this summer! Woot!

But Citigroup was the only one to do so. They should have waited a few days until Disney's quarterly results came out. :rotfl2: After all, Disney is more than just theme parks.

Our December vacation at WDW probably helped the results. ;) We have plans to be back in June, October and December. :)

yeah my bf and I spent over 4k at WDW in December and that was with free park admission and 40% hotel discount!

I had to vote Yes, but not because of the economy. We are suspending big vacations this year due to buying a house in Dec. '07. I'm hoping to find $$ to stash for a WDW vacation in Dec. '09. Besides, we were fortunate enough to have made two trips two years in a row, Jun '06 and Aug '07, so I think we've had our fill for at least a year. ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo pluto:

I work for a small flooring contractor and things don't look so bright but I've been there, did that and I'm going back to Disney. It's a cycle and I plan for cycles. Anyways Uncle Sam is helping to fund the trip. Getting our rebates and I didn't even have to send them a receipt and UPC.

We bought into DVC to assure that we ALWAYS have a vacation. With the economy the way it is, we may cut down to a WDW trip only once a year instead of twice. Obviously Citigroup hasn't tried to make reservations for April! :lmao: :lmao:

As I sit here looking at rates for May... I guess no is the answer :lmao: but seriously, the price of Oil is KILLING me! I will have to cut back on other things to fit this in. But I can't give up one of the things I love to do... :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter