This will probably be unpopular...

I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them? Is it the novelty of eating something Mickey - shaped? I think Mickey Bars are really rather average, and difficult to eat. Almost as soon as you bite it, the chocolate starts to fall apart. As for the waffles, I think they are terrible, and really greasy, and they don't taste like a waffle at all.

Our family likes the bars and the waffles. They aren't the best ice cream bars nor are they the greatest waffles, but they are mickey shaped and it's less about what you're eating when you are at Disney and more about the location and company. That's what disney banks on, our memories, traditions, special occasions. Most of the food items we get would probably be less enjoyable if they weren't being devoured in Disney on vacation and not in mickey formation!

I'm more of a pancake girl myself and can't find any in the menus to save my life! My first trip to Disney is next May so I'm hoping they will have some before then. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to try the waffles then.

I personally have not eaten a Mickey ice cream bar, but that's just because I don't care for them in general. My girls have, though, and they liked it!

We love the Mickey waffles! I have never had one that was greasy?

I tried a Mickey bar on one of our last trips because everyone raved about them. Meh. Standard mass market ice cream (not even really good ice cream) and not bad chocolate. I'd rather get a scoop of really good ice cream from somewhere else.

I've had many of the mini Mickey waffles on the cruise ships and at various buffets at WDW and wasn't impressed. So I wasn't thrilled when we were having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and there wasn't much on the menu I was very interested in that day. So I ordered a Mickey waffle (full-sized) with strawberries. There's no comparison between the mini ones and the full-sized ones. I had it three days in a row. You don't even need syrup (I don't like maple syrup at all but lots of waffles are so dry you need it). They're crispy on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside and have a wonderful vanilla fragrance. I don't know if they vary depending on restaurant but I really liked the ones from GFC.

The gluten-free waffles are not just gluten-free, they're vegan. As a vegan, I really appreciate that the waffles are available. I have them every morning when I'm at WDW. Never greasy. Always freshly made. Delish!

I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them? Is it the novelty of eating something Mickey - shaped? I think Mickey Bars are really rather average, and difficult to eat. Almost as soon as you bite it, the chocolate starts to fall apart. As for the waffles, I think they are terrible, and really greasy, and they don't taste like a waffle at all.

Mickey Waffle is purely tradition and not as big anymore since I have a Mickey Waffle maker at home. But I have never felt they were bad or greasy.

Mickey Bars ............ love them :mickeybar Average? Them is fighting words. I am picky about ice cream, I won't eat most bars. I could eat a few Mickey bars each trip.

I am not a big ice cream eater but I do like the Mickey ice cream sandwiches. Waffles...eh, I'm a French toast kind of girl. :)

What I do not like which are also popular are dole whips. We tried them twice several years apart and both times we couldn't finish one.

I think Mickey Bars are fine but I don't think I could buy one at a park after getting them free and basically unlimited on the cruise line.

Not a fan of the Mickey bars because they are dark chocolate, not milk chocolate. The waffles, well, I waffle on them.
That is the exact reason I LIKE the Mickey Bars because they are dark chocolate.

Funny story: took my 3 year old granddaughter in March for first trip. while everyone rode Everest she and I got a Mickey bar. She took one taste and then I had to peel all the chocolate off the bar so she could just eat the ice cream.:rolleyes2 We stuck with ice cram cones after that.

I LOVE the Mickey Bar. But I also love Klondike and Dove Ice cream bars. Vanilla ice cream coated in dark chocolate is a simple pleasure but one I enjoy. Is a Mickey bar any better than those? Nope. That's where tradition comes in. I don't eat such thinks often, but at Disney I indulge and it's nice to get my token Mickey Bar of the trip! It's the fun of it!

I didn't try a Mickey Waffle until my Jan 17 trip (I got it as part of the Kids bounty breakfast) . I like waffle. It was a decent waffle. I don't "crave" them or anything. I will probably have them at least once my next trip but won't be chasing them down.

Mickey Bars are just over priced Eskimo Pie and there are so many other desserts I would want at Disney that I will not have one of these.

Mickey Waffles I could take or leave. I won't go out of my way to order them but feel like when I have had them they were decent but I also like Egos so maybe I am just not a picky waffle man.

I've never had Mickey waffles, a Mickey ice cream bar, or a Dole Whip! :eek: I have food sensitivities to artificial food color as well as to some artificial sweeteners, so desserts are pretty tricky for me, as are anything sweet. So unless it's something that seems really exceptional, I don't bother with it.

Plus, I have a weird aversion to eating things of wooden sticks or with wooden "spoons". Ugh...I shudder just thinking about it! :D

I make a chocolate moouse you mignt like for the future. I can of full fat coconut milk, 4 taglespoons carob powder, 4 tablespoons of chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of dark maple syrup. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir till fairly smooth and refrigerate. I use all organic ingrediants so none of that nasty stuff.

The gluten-free waffles are not just gluten-free, they're vegan. As a vegan, I really appreciate that the waffles are available. I have them every morning when I'm at WDW. Never greasy. Always freshly made. Delish!

My DW is vegetarian, and gets the gluten free Mickey waffles when we go to Cape May. In my opinion they are better than the regular waffles. I still enjoy getting the regular ones and adding toppings.

I really like the Mickey waffles.

We have gone to WDW three times and never had a Mickey bar. Not planning to start when we go later this year.

I've never eaten a waffle in my life, including a Mickey Waffle. I've never eaten a pancake either. The smell of syrup makes me sick. Now in my mid-50's, I'm sure not going to start now. I can't stand Mickey Bars. They are way too big and the chocolate layer is too thick. It turns my stomach. My "memories of childhood" snack is a frozen chocolate dipped banana with nuts. Much harder to find in the parks now.

As much of a Disney fan as I am, and have been visiting regularly since Dec. 1971, I don't like much of anything Disney has to offer in the way of food. The only food I will eat is the Fish in Epcot at Yorkshire Country Fish Shop and the flavored popcorn, also at Epcot, at the stand between The Land and Imagination Pavilions. That's pretty much it. Oh, and the cheese and fruit snack box they have at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion.

So, basically, if we are at Epcot, I will eat at the park. Any other park ... forget it. Oh, I almost forgot one more thing. The pizza at Pop Century is good and a great value. It's not the same pizza served at other resorts or in parks. It's different and it's good and it's huge. One pizza will easily feed a family. We usually stay in our camper, at the Fort, with our own groceries and kitchen. But, we will stop by Pop and pick up a pizza once during some of our trips.

I don't want to attract a bunch of haters, but IMHO, most food at Disney is over priced and mediocre at best. We quit doing any table service meals years ago. Everyone has different taste, and not saying my opinion is for everyone, but for me, I would spend my entire trip very sick if I ate Disney food every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter