This will probably be unpopular...

I like waffles. Waffles are hard and tedious to make. I do think Disney waffles have a good, distinct taste to them and yes, I enjoy them.

Don't care about Mickey bars. I guess comparing apples-to-apples, I don't eat Krispy treats at home, but I can't leave without a Mickey Rice Kripsy treat.

I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them? Is it the novelty of eating something Mickey - shaped? I think Mickey Bars are really rather average, and difficult to eat. Almost as soon as you bite it, the chocolate starts to fall apart. As for the waffles, I think they are terrible, and really greasy, and they don't taste like a waffle at all.

Last summer, I got stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean for an hour and the ordeal wasted nearly all of my extra magic hours. The CM compensated everyone on our boat with a free Mickey bar and a bottled water. (Boooooo!) I tried to make the best of the situation by saying, "Well, at least I'm getting to try the legendary Mickey bar for free." LOL! It's just a traditional ice cream bar. It's nothing special. Save your appetite for a Dole whip or ice cream cookie sandwich from the Plaza! ;)

I legitimately love Micky Ice Cream bars! I think they taste pretty good but I will admit I do associate them with vacations so it is sort of a tradition. Mickey waffles, on the otherhand, I think are generally lackluster but enjoy the novelty factor.

Having just taken my first Disney Cruise, I think one of the best parts was the Mickey Ice cream bar room service. Amazing!

I've never had Mickey waffles, a Mickey ice cream bar, or a Dole Whip! :eek: I have food sensitivities to artificial food color as well as to some artificial sweeteners, so desserts are pretty tricky for me, as are anything sweet. So unless it's something that seems really exceptional, I don't bother with it.

Plus, I have a weird aversion to eating things of wooden sticks or with wooden "spoons". Ugh...I shudder just thinking about it! :D

I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them? Is it the novelty of eating something Mickey - shaped? I think Mickey Bars are really rather average, and difficult to eat. Almost as soon as you bite it, the chocolate starts to fall apart. As for the waffles, I think they are terrible, and really greasy, and they don't taste like a waffle at all.

Difficult to eat? You need a bigger mouth then...hehe

I like the Mickey waffles well enough, but I think the Mickey ice cream sandwich is better than the bar.

The waffles taste like cake! Lots of fake vanilla flavoring. I steal a few bites of my son’s each visit but would/could never eat a whole plate of them or order them for myself.

The Mickey ice cream bar is pure fun. I’ve only had one because they’re tough to eat in the melting Orlando sunshine but that chocolate shell is wonderful. The ice cream sandwich mickey isn’t as good as the shell mickey but again, it’s about having something you can’t get anywhere else.

I can't eat the Mickey Bars, but I order allergy friendly mickey waffles like crazy in WDW :love:As someone with lots of dietary restrictions, you have no idea how exciting it is to get waffles, nice waffles, when out for breakfast. Especially if they have yummy toppings - it makes my day. Maybe if I didn't have gluten, soy and dairy issues I would be singing a different tune. But such is my lot in life. You have NO idea how excited I was when the chef at Kona made me allergy friendly tonga toast... heaven. :lovestruc

C1C1AC73-7D85-457A-A384-B10DE7FED1E1.jpeg
Difficult to eat? You need a bigger mouth then...hehe
And eat it faster! LoL

Personally, I really enjoy dark chocolate covered Mickey Bars! Waffles, I don’t like in general, Mickey or not!

But favorite ice-cream, the crepe stand in France. It serves the richest, creamiest, French vanilla custard ice cream with a sugary, buttery crepe, so delicious, beats a dry old waffle any day.

The waffles are fun but as another poster said they are better when fresh. As for the mickey bars don't care for them. Would rather have a dole whip or one of the frozen bananas that are dipped in chocolate and rolled in walnuts.

I LOVE Mickey Bars from November 'til April. Too messy in the heat. I LOVE Mickey Waffles from January 'til December. Every. Day!

Nope, I don’t get it. I assume it’s nostalgia. I actually don’t like Dole whip either. I do love some things though- like school bread, Tipsy Ducks in Love, and unlimited popcorn. To each their own. :)

We love the waffles so much that I bought the actual mix they use to make them and make them at home at least 1x a week. They use Golden Malted Waffle and Pancake Mix. It's not cheap, but it's so delicious. I always make more than we need for breakfast, and then use those extra waffles to make ice cream sandwiches. My DD and her friends love to have those while lounging in the pool.

Edited to add that I sometimes will add some cocoa powder to make chocolate waffles, or add an extract of vanilla or almond to kick them up a notch!

I'm with the OP - I don't like the taste of them. I like my waffles to be a bit fluffier, and Disney's are on the crispy side. I took one bite of a Mickey Bar and threw the rest away - it didn't even taste like vanilla ice cream to me, just icy milk. To each their own.

The Mickey bar ice cream isn't special at all to us - just the same ice cream chocolate covered bars we get most places, but can understand them being special to kids in the Mickey shape.

I enjoy the waffles, but even though the same mix (Carbons Golden Waffle Mix) they taste differently at some restaurants. Most places, they just taste dried out and hard IMO, but love them at The Wave - crunchy outside, moist inside (probably do not sit under a heat lamp, but fresher).

With all the different things to eat, I personally would not waste calories on mickey bars! I like the mickey waffles because they are small. I generally stay away from carb & sugar heavy breakfasts so a tiny waffle is perfect when we visit a buffet.

I get at least one Mickey bar every trip just for the sake of being in Disney, and it's a treat I had as a kid. It's not because the flavor is amazing, but it's a simple item that reminds me of Disney/childhood.

My family also likes to do Cape May every trip, and no breakfast is complete without Mickey waffles with syrup, whip cream, and chocolate chips. Again, not because the waffles are to die for, but for the same reason as the Mickey bar. I can make waffles at home whenever I like, but it's a simple treat to have on our trip.

Sorry but you said mickey waffles are greasy??? Ummm, where exactly are you getting your waffles from? I havent had one greasy waffle yet.

And yes, I actually do like the waffles very much as well as the mickey bars. I do prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate, but the mickey bars are still quite good. :)

I like them both, but I don't lose it over them. And I think that if I had either while anywhere other than WDW, they would not have the same appeal at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter