Those going next week, what's your plan for the cold?

50 isn't cold 😂😂😂 that's a gorgeous spring day. even 40 is a fairly warm winter day. I can never get over what people from warm climates think is cold. I love it 😂

50 isn't cold. But it will be 50 for like an hour. And to get to 50 it will start at 31 and finish at 31.

While 31 isn't really cold either, it is when you are trying to enjoy the parks, etc. It's not ideal for a vacation that people may have been planning for quite a while where the avg temps are 71/55.

I am sure everyone will still have a great time, though. I am interested in using the fire pit and the pool at the same time. lol

Last edited:
Don't be afraid to use your snowmobile suit at night, or plan on lots of indoor activities. That sounds ridiculous, but there is nothing more cold than the bone chilling damp cold of Florida (I'm from WI, I know cold).
I wondered about this. I’m in Canada within walking distance of one of the Great Lakes . So I get cold , and I get bone chilling damp cold . But I think for me when it happens in Florida I’m just not mentally prepared for it . And to be honest I don’t spend my entire day walking around outside in it here if I can avoid it.
Our Christmas trip in 2015 was COLD. I have pics of us in scarves and hats and gloves for the parade. To be honest, all I remember clearly was having a wonderful time. I hope all of you going this week will too !

Last edited:
50 isn't cold 😂😂😂 that's a gorgeous spring day. even 40 is a fairly warm winter day. I can never get over what people from warm climates think is cold. I love it 😂
I know cold. I lived in Wisconsin for 12 years. i thought the same thing, but Disney cold is different. It’s not a dry sunny 20 degree Wisconsin cold. It’s a damp cold that even if it says it’s 40 it feels below 20. And people will look at the weather and think 50 is not bad but get there and be miserable. And it may be 50 at 3 pm for an hour but in the 30s for the vast majority of the park hours.

It’s expected to be the coldest in 20 years here in the sunshine state.

I have an old Flyers winter coat that I use when it’s cold here.

Layers, hand warmers, gloves, scarf, hat.

Just be sure to bring a coat, because most of our stores don’t sell “real” winter coats.

Bring the extra sweatshirt and jacket with you. We were there Nov ‘21 and it was low 50s and rainy for 2 days. Sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets, and hats were sold out in Epcot. Luckily, we flew in from the northeast and had jeans and jackets. Bring gloves, too. Remember to put sunscreen on your face - even in the cold weather. Have a great time 🎄

I wondered about this. I’m in Canada within walking distance of one of the Great Lakes . So I get cold , and I get bone chilling damp cold . But I think for me when it happens in Florida I’m just not mentally prepared for it . And to be honest I don’t spend my entire day walking around outside in it here if I can avoid it.
Our Christmas trip in 2015 was COLD. I have pics of us in scarves and hats and gloves for the parade. To be honest, all I remember clearly was having a wonderful time. I hope all of you going this week will too !
For 30 years my father and I attended the Daytona 500 (and all the races leading up to it), where we would be outside for 6 to 12 hours during the day and night. I remember those really cold evenings and how cold I felt because of the dampness. The outside layer of clothing will actually feel "wet". If i knew it was going to be under 45 degrees and windy, I'd always bring my snowmobile suit. I may have looked dumb, but I was warm.

Here's the most recent forecast from the National Weather Service for Bay Lake for the cold period:
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
(side note: the high will happen around noon, and by 8 pm it will be in the 40's)
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 31. North northwest wind around 10 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 47. North northwest wind around 10 mph.
(side note: the wind chill temp will not go above 41 on Saturday)
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
(side note: wind chill temp to be in the 20's)
Christmas Day
Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. North wind around 5 mph.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 60. North wind around 5 mph.

It’s expected to be the coldest in 20 years here in the sunshine state.

I have an old Flyers winter coat that I use when it’s cold here.

Layers, hand warmers, gloves, scarf, hat.

Just be sure to bring a coat, because most of our stores don’t sell “real” winter coats.

I don't think I am bringing my winter coat. I've have a medium jacket which I'll wear with a hoodie and a few layers underneath. The thermal underwear really does the trick.

Wife got some hand and feet warmers just in case. Don't plan on going to the parks both cold days (sat/sun)

Enjoying the fact that it isn't 90+ and humid!

But as someone who lives in Michigan, here's what I normally do for below freezing days:

Top: t-shirt, button down flannel, sweatshirt, and jacket.

Bottoms: long johns, jeans, wool socks, boots

Accessories: gloves, scarf, winter hat

For 50 degrees in Florida, I would go with the t-shirt, flannel, and hoodie or light jacket on top. Jeans or warm leggings on the bottom, with normal socks and walking shoes. No hats or gloves required.

In Jan we were camping at Ft Wilderness and it dipped into the high 20s one night, brrrr.. pack lots of layers

We were there in 2010. It got well below freezing at night and maybe in the 40s during the day. I would definitely be prepared for worse than expected. In addition the humidity makes it feel colder and in 2010 we also had high winds. I’m from Chicago and thought that it was quit the challenge

We were there in 2010. It got well below freezing at night and maybe in the 40s during the day. I would definitely be prepared for worse than expected. In addition the humidity makes it feel colder and in 2010 we also had high winds. I’m from Chicago and thought that it was quit the challenge
I ran the marathon that year and the Powerade was freezing in the cups!

I'm Canadian and grew up in the prairies and Northern Ontario, where the temps regularly hit -30. That said, the closest I've EVER been to hypothermia was a cold rainy day in the high-30s in the Magic Kingdom in January.

I pack some of the same clothing that I do for a ski trip. I agree with the layers. I bring a parka too (has that layer for blocking the wind and rain that is so great and a hood), ski mittens, and hat. A locker is really helpful. Dad rents an ECV and that big basket is helpful too. And although in nice weather I'm a minimalist in what I bring to the parks, for winter for layers, I like a back pack (more places to carry layers that go on and off). I'm all about having what makes me comfortable and changing vs. being too cold or too hot.

I'm a bit of a cold weather weenie. I'm prepared in the morning with rope drop (excited to get going), then it gets nicer, but then when the sun goes down I'm really more into staying inside. I'm not a big fan of night time skiing either. When my kids were younger, I'd stay with them in the parks for the nighttime shows, but with my kiddos grown and uber/lyft so readily available, I go back to the condo (watch movies, play games, make hot chocolate and popcorn, and chill out inside in the evening). Funny how some others in the extended family end up coming with me. None of the others want to be the first to wimp out, but once I do, I usually have a small contingent come along. After eight or nine hours in the park (which is really plenty), a warm cozy condo is heavenly. I'm in my 60s though and not the diehard I once was.

The parks in the 30s in the evening with the wind blowing just feel really cold to me. 32 is the lowest evening temperature when I've been in the parks, and I don't know what the wind chill was, but burr.

I've spent about 15 different Christmases in Orlando, and you never know what you are going to get. For me it's ranged from lows in the low 30s to highs in the mid 80s. Merry Christmas to all and remember that even without ideal weather it's fun to have an adventure away from work with family. Enjoy and stay warm!

CuddleDuds! A full layer, top and bottom, of long underwear makes a world of difference. I'd do the full layer of long unders, then jeans, sweater, winter jacket. Warm socks, hat, and gloves (although mittens will keep your hands warmer). We have a string bag that we bring for stashing hats and mittens in (when it's warm enough to take them off)>

We were in Disney one January long ago (2000 maybe?) and we weren't prepared. It was me, DD6, niece not quite 2, sister, BIL. Sis and I shared a winter jacket so we could put the other jacket over my niece in her stroller. Fortunately my DD had her winter coat but my sis had left all their winter stuff in their car at the airport. Adults all had the one pair of jeans we'd each worn on the flight, otherwise it was shorts. At one point I was wearing my long cardigan with one of my nieces fleece crib blankets folded up on my chest, just to stay warm. We were miserable. Ended up going toWalmart to buy tights and leggings (Pooh sized adults means finding the right size pants is a challenge), additional sweaters, just to stay warm. Luckily we all had hats and gloves with us (and I never understood why sis and family brought those, but not coats!). We still had a great time, just hadn't anticipated the cold weather at all!

We were there for Christmas in 2010 also. Spot on with your description and advice. :santa: It was Christmas at Disney, but it was definitely a challenge.

Today is interesting because its in the low 60's till 3, then 50's till 8, then 40's during fireworks. That boat ride to the parking lot should be very cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter