Those using swagbucks ???

Hey guys! I'm fairly new around here, so I may have some misconceptions about SB, but I currently have 2228 and was wondering something:

I'd like to grab one of the store GCs as my first card of the month to exchange for a Disney one (trip in Nov). I don't have a Sam's membership, and while I have a REDcard, my understanding is Target no longer accepts GC <-> GC. So, is BB my best bet?

Did anyone do the meijer survey in early Jan where you had to go to the store and take photos and a video? I have the screen shot showing I completed it by the deadline but it still hasnt credited and isnt showing pending. Now normally I wouldnt care but that night I had 3 clerks come ask me if I needed help picking out band aids! LOL it was kind of funny but I want my SB!
I did this survey and I got credited about 3 weeks ago. I got a second credit for it last Monday (at least I think it’s a duplicate I don’t remember any other 2500SB surveys).

I'd like to grab one of the store GCs as my first card of the month to exchange for a Disney one (trip in Nov). I don't have a Sam's membership, and while I have a REDcard, my understanding is Target no longer accepts GC <-> GC. So, is BB my best bet?

It seems to depend on the Target you go to. Many (including me) have no problem using a Target GC to buy a Disney GC in store.

Hey guys! I'm fairly new around here, so I may have some misconceptions about SB, but I currently have 2228 and was wondering something:

:welcome:
So far as I know, the first $25 GC of the month discount has been going on for quite some time (years most likely) and haven't heard any rumors about it going away. They have done other GC sales of 20% off as promos but so far as I've been doing it, it's been specialty stores like Nike, Bass Pro Shops, Bath and Body works, etc.
For Target GC > GC, there seems to have been a system update that will stop Target GC to iTunes GC, but many folks have still been able to get Disney and other 3rd party gift cards. Like anything, it will depend on the individual store. Same with Best Buy, there's been a couple reports of individual store changing policy and denying it but I think the majority are still working and I don't think there was a system update or anything. Walmart should work too, with Sam's you get the extra discount but most people report Walmart is still good for them.
For me, I don't typically do a store trip just for GC's, I usually have other shopping to do. So that helps with the conversion, I think, as cashiers don't usually look too close when paying with a GC if you have other items with it.

This might all be made easier if SB had DisneyWorld tickets like they have Disneyland tickets. I think I'm going to end up going with Walmart GC and exchanging for a gas station GC then putting the money I would have used for gas into the vacation fund. I know our Target won't do GC-GC so I'll have to cross my fingers for Walmart.

:welcome:
So far as I know, the first $25 GC of the month discount has been going on for quite some time (years most likely) and haven't heard any rumors about it going away. They have done other GC sales of 20% off as promos but so far as I've been doing it, it's been specialty stores like Nike, Bass Pro Shops, Bath and Body works, etc.
For Target GC > GC, there seems to have been a system update that will stop Target GC to iTunes GC, but many folks have still been able to get Disney and other 3rd party gift cards. Like anything, it will depend on the individual store. Same with Best Buy, there's been a couple reports of individual store changing policy and denying it but I think the majority are still working and I don't think there was a system update or anything. Walmart should work too, with Sam's you get the extra discount but most people report Walmart is still good for them.
For me, I don't typically do a store trip just for GC's, I usually have other shopping to do. So that helps with the conversion, I think, as cashiers don't usually look too close when paying with a GC if you have other items with it.

Thanks for the welcome! I actually realized that discount after I posted and edited my reply accordingly, but you were too fast! XD

I think I'll try my luck w/ Target. The 9% discount from GC Granny + 2% cashback CC could add up.

I’ve literally never done any of the videos on Swagbucks, because I didn’t think they were worth the time. Decided to try to play one just now, and it says “this player is restricted from playing videos” on every video I try to play? Never watched any videos on here before, not sure why am restricted

This might all be made easier if SB had DisneyWorld tickets like they have Disneyland tickets. I think I'm going to end up going with Walmart GC and exchanging for a gas station GC then putting the money I would have used for gas into the vacation fund. I know our Target won't do GC-GC so I'll have to cross my fingers for Walmart.
I’ve been using my Swagbucks to get target gift cards, then going in the store and buying Disney cards with no problem.

My first cash out every month is for BB. But YMMV. I would make sure you buy something else with the Gift Card like a candy bar or something.

Thanks for the welcome! I actually realized that discount after I posted and edited my reply accordingly, but you were too fast! XD

I think I'll try my luck w/ Target. The 9% discount from GC Granny + 2% cashback CC could add up.

And I totally see that now.. duh. I started the response from my email notification which still had your pre-edit and I totally didn't read the existing post that I even quoted so oops :oops:
Sounds like a good plan, I hope it works for you !

I’ve literally never done any of the videos on Swagbucks, because I didn’t think they were worth the time. Decided to try to play one just now, and it says “this player is restricted from playing videos” on every video I try to play? Never watched any videos on here before, not sure why am restricted

Sometimes it'll still credit anyway. I've gotten that on a couple nCrave videos and when the time was up it credited and moved onto the next one. Are you using a mobile browser? Is it nCrave or a regular watchlist like News & Politics, Sports, Food, etc?

I just realized you get rewards from things like team events via "swag ups" and I let $20 expire. I'm so sad!

Just checking again to see if anybody did the Boxed offer? If so, did you have anything pending before it credited? Thanks!

I did boxed. It was pending for about a week and now it says 0. I put in a ticket, but so far have heard nothing. A lot of people on Reddit have had this problem as well.

I did Boxed. Nothing pending, nothing credited :(

I had to submit a ticket, but it was credited within hours! Good luck to everyone else!

Sometimes it'll still credit anyway. I've gotten that on a couple nCrave videos and when the time was up it credited and moved onto the next one. Are you using a mobile browser? Is it nCrave or a regular watchlist like News & Politics, Sports, Food, etc?
It’s just a regular watchlist, on the computer, trying to check it off my to do list. Won’t let me play anything.

Does anyone know if the email you use for SB has to match when doing money offers? I have SB set up with a "junk" email, that I check, but don't use for my regular emails. I have never done a $ offer, so I am worried they might check and see the email (and name, since I have a formal name and a "nickname") don't match the SB info.

Does anyone know if the email you use for SB has to match when doing money offers? I have SB set up with a "junk" email, that I check, but don't use for my regular emails. I have never done a $ offer, so I am worried they might check and see the email (and name, since I have a formal name and a "nickname") don't match the SB info.

To prevent issues, I always use my SB email when doing paid offers. For the "junk" offers I use a different email.

Oh my gosh you guys! I just checked my SB page and I was just credited my 1,500 for boxed! Wa-hoo! Go check your pages and put in your tickets!!

*I know it sounds crazy, so here is from my ledger:

02/13/18 Discover: XXXXXXXBoxed + 1500 SB

(I added the X's in place of numbers)

I also received an email reply to my ticket that said I was being credited.
Mine showed as pending and then it was gone - it now shows in my ledger as $0.00. I clicked on it and it has the amount I spent, then it has the same amount in red to make it a total of $0.00. I did not use a code or anything so not sure what the problem is. I was waiting for the 30 days but now I just sent one with all the screenshots.

It’s just a regular watchlist, on the computer, trying to check it off my to do list. Won’t let me play anything.

so I'm not getting an error message, but the 2018 Olympics one isn't playing any videos for me this afternoon (the little ads are eventually showing up on the side but all black video). However, if you can get the little checkmark in video list at the bottom, you're still getting credit for it and can just click to the next video manually.

WatchExample.jpg

If you don't get that checkmark after a couple minutes then I'm not sure the problem. Might want to check the plugins on the browser then to see if maybe flash or something is being blocked. If you get "oops this playlist got away" or something like that on every playlist or an "error 20" those have to do with some type of ban from the video providers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter