• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those who've done MNSSHP, what did you do for dinner?

We either eat on the way in stay off property or do QS around 4ish. When we have AP's we get to the park around 2ish on party nights, otherwise we show up at 4 on the nose. Usually wind up getting 2-5 refills on popcorn before the end of the night and have some sort of treat(s) during whichever parade we do.

Staying on property you are screwed trying to eat after 11~. Caseys will be the only thing open till midnight and if you are like us, can't stand it so you'll have to venture off site unless you have snacks in your room already.

Most of our parties have involved us staying off site and we hit a taco bell or wendy's on the way back to our rental house for something if the treats didn't do us and we are still awake enough, lol.

We always split up around 5:30 or 6:00. One person in our group goes and stakes out a spot in line for our 1st choice character and the other takes the children to grab quick service for dinner. Last time, we ate at Cosmic Rays. After a quick dinner, we join the adult waiting in line no later than 6:30 or so. We use that time in line to sit and rest for a bit and take turns running to the bathroom. We bring to-go food to whoever missed dinner.

This is what we did too. Worked out really well.

We typically grab something at whatever resort we are staying in as a late lunch (2:00 or so), change into our costumes and head off to the park for 4pm. We can always grab a snack if we get hungry, but we avoid the 'dinner crowd' this way.

It was a special “date” night with my oldest while the baby stayed with kids night out sitter. So we took her to a 6:00 reservation at BOG. We were out in less than an hour, and she loved it!

We don't line up early to meet the party characters so we had an early dinner at Skipper's (about 5:30 pm) when the park became crowded with both party and day guests. By the time we were done, the crowds had cleared and we enjoyed the party.

We entered the park at 4:00, rode a few rides, had dinner at Columbia Harbour House around 6:00 (wasn't crowded at all), and were waiting for the party to start at 7:00.

We have had a late lunch at Kona before MVMCP and the following year a late lunch at Skipper Canteen before MNSSHP. Both work very well and gave us a "quiet" sit down, relaxing place before the fun started!

We did The Wave for brunch so that we had a solid, big first meal of the day (we finished around noon), then stopped for a light dinner at Pecos Bill's once we were in the park (we got there as early as we were allowed entry). It was a little crowded, but not too bad and we were able to do a few rides in Frontierland and Adventureland beforehand and were finished by the time the party started.

I recommend the large TS late lunch/early dinner - all before 4 pm. I try to book at one of the monorail resort restaurants (The Wave, Kona, Grand Floridian Cafe).

If you are going to wait in one of the LONG character lines - if you have one adult that can go get food while the others wait in line - that works, too.

It also works if you eat QS between 4-7pm. Realize there are LOTS of folks doing the same thing at that time - day guests and party guests - so they are busy at that time. But as long as you have your patience with the lines and crowds - it's fine. (It's about like the lunch rush on a busy day.) I prefer to try to hit some rides then instead, however.

The big thing - is realize that you don't want to be eating dinner between 7pm-midnight. Too much other stuff to do!

I've done 3 parties and for 2 of them, we did an ADR in MK at around 5:00 so we were done and out in the park before the 7:00pm start time. That worked well for us. The other time, I did a late lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon, it was around 2:00, went back to resort to change into our costumes and got to the park at bout 5:00. This also worked out okay, but I honestly felt like I was just milling about waiting for the party to start and not sure I got a lot out of the 5:00 - 7:00 timeframe. Of those 2 scenarios, I prefer the 5:00 ADR in MK.

We have always done dinner @ Columbia Harbour House, before they close during the party. But still, we always find ourselves STARVING after the party, and since we stay until midnight, the food court at our resort is always closed when we get back. We finally started grabbing to-go items earlier in the day (sandwiches, chips, etc.) and keeping them in our hotel room fridge to eat after we get back.

We tend to have an early dinner in MK before MNSSHP. Works out well for us. Twice its been CRT. Next time i'll probably go with Plaza or BOG. Or i might go to the resort to rest, then come back to MK for 4pm and grab snacks as the night goes on.

We went to one of the parties this last Oct. We had a Park Hopper pass so we were at Epcot in the morning with breakfast at Akershus. Then we had a little break at the room. DD and I went to MK around 2 as I had a few FP for rides. We then ate at Cosmic Ray's around 5pm. For us that worked - especially since it started pouring right around that time. We stayed nice and dry.

During MNSSHP and MVMCP we arrive around 3:15pm and wait for them to let party guests in which in the past for me has been around 3:45pm-3:55pm.
I use the time before3 the party starts to utilize FP+ and go on attractions that won't be open during the party.
I eat at Cosmic Ray's around 7:30pm. Its a QS. It generally does not take more than 30 minutes from start to finish and with mobile ordering I could be in and out faster but I don't rush.
If you're hungry stop and eat. Its better to "miss" a small amount of party time than be hangry.
Personally I just would stick to QS vs eating up 70-90 minutes at a TS restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter