Those who've done MNSSHP, what did you do for dinner?

Kona cafe ~3:15 then monorail over to MK. Super easy. Snack at Casey's late.
Also-we got in to see Seven dwarfs with ~20 min left of party-No wait. Also no wait for Goofy, Daisy, Donald and Minnie at that time.
Last year was first time for MNSSHP. Really want to do another one-so fun!!

We generally grab a quick service meal before the party actually starts.

We did 2 parties this last September and the first one we ate at the park around 4:00 and that was a mistake! The second one, we ate lunch as normal but grabbed snacks as needed instead of actually eating dinner and with the exclusive treats we didn't miss dinner at all. Just remember if you eat a big meal, it will come out before the party is over. I don't know how others feel but I HATE to Poop at the parks! :guilty:

When we do the Party, we don't do any other parks that day . We schedule the party for the last day of our trip, and use the rest of the day for sleeping in, packing and chillaxing. We eat at our hotel food court, and bring protein bars with us (which we have every day in the parks). Late in the evening, we hit the treat trails, and that gives us some late "sustenance."

Inhaled a Publix sub which was amazing. I wanna get all my times worth in that amazing party!

We have done it a lot of different ways but the one I found that works the best is we do a big late lunch and then we eat while waiting during the party. Last year we had a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern at 230 then got in line for Jack and Sally. We got pretzels around 6ish while in line for the 7 dwarves and then got Casey's while waiting for either the parade or fireworks.

Sorry to semi hijack the thread but I’ve never been to mnss before but am planning to go this year for the first time. Anyone know when they release the dates / tickets go on sale? We aren’t ones to dress up so is everyone dressed up in costume or mainly the kids?

We got a QS meal for lunch and brought it back to the room to eat, then chilled for a bit before getting ready and walking over to MK. We still ended up splitting a order of chicken nuggets and fries at Cosmic's towards the end!

Sorry to semi hijack the thread but I’ve never been to mnss before but am planning to go this year for the first time. Anyone know when they release the dates / tickets go on sale? We aren’t ones to dress up so is everyone dressed up in costume or mainly the kids?

There are a lot of people in costumes. Adults aren’t allowed to wear a costume to the parks on normal day but they can doing the party. Most of them aren’t super fancy because you still don’t want to be in a full belle yellow gown in 90 degrees and full humidity Florida.

I went to my first party last year dressed as Russell from Up. I ordered the shirt with the sash and badges already on it from Etsy. Got a yellow hat, orange neckerchief, orange backpack from Amazon. Wore cargo shorts and used the backpack for my candy during trick or treat. It was cool seeing and interacting with the other Russells that I saw.

If you don’t want to wear a costume, I would get some Halloween themed Disney shirts from Etsy like Mickey head with fangs or ghosts etc.

We went to Disney Springs and had a delicious, late lunch at Homecomin'. We entered the MK at 4 and didn't need to eat dinner that night, but we did snack on some candy :P

We did an early dinner (4:00) at the Plaza. We spent the afternoon at the resort pool to be fully rested to enjoy the party experience..

I wanted to have an early dinner that night, but it didn't work out as I planned. We didn't get a quick start in the morning and ate a late lunch. We ended up eating at Cosmic Ray's during the party. It was crowded, but I don't feel like we wasted that much time.

We were there the first night last summer and it was kind of disappointing. It was crowded, it rained. I really don't feel like we got our money's worth. We enjoyed it but when we did it later in the season a few years ago, it was much more fun.

we've done it twice. The first time we had a late lunch/early dinner at WCC (don't remember the time, sorry) and then had snacks later on. Second time we had QS at CHH when others were watching the first parade. There was nobody in there. Both worked out just fine - do what you think your family would like.

I see there were several quick service places open during the party last year, but I'm worried about cutting into party time by stopping to eat.

In my experience, this is exactly what has happened. There were only a couple QS locations open during the party which meant all of them were crowded. It took us a good 45 minutes at Cosmic Ray's to order food, get it, sit down, etc. Maybe longer. With the amount you are paying for the party, you want to use the party time wisely and accomplish all the party-specific events that are happening around the park. After that experience, we now eat at our resort before we go to MK for the night.

For parties where we want to get there by 4, we try to do tea at the grand floridian around 2 or 2:30. Between the pot of tea, plate of sandwiches, and desserts, it's a nice size early dinner. Then we just snack during the party.

If we don't need to be at the party until 7, we try to eat at the wave in the contemporary around 5, and then walk over to MK. The wave is usually a substantial meal, so durung the party we just grab a snack toward midnight but don't need much before then.

If we're already in MK, we try to head to CHH before the party starts, usually around 6. That can be crowded, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter