Thoughts on Lowball Offer

I've been trying for blt or VGF around the 110 to 120 for blt and 150 to 155 for VGF. Haven't had any luck yet. But the contracts get taken up quickly it seems like. So some people are still paying the high prices.
Stay strong :) Honestly I'd take a BLT at $125.

We are on the right track, so more patience and power to everyone - go have some chocolate :cake:

Offering great advice again—I’m in for eating cake while we wait!

(Although we will probably owe you one at the end of this!) :goodvibes

Ok so I put an offer in $17 below asking, with seller to pay closing. So yes it was an aggressive offer but the contract is completely stripped till 2022. Seller countered with $10 more than the original list price! Is this normal? Assume they did it because they were somehow offended by my offer and wanted to make it clear they didn't want to deal with me further, but why not just say no thanks and not counter?
Frankly I think a contract stripped until 2022 is rude. Especially if they want todays prices with a very delayed closing. :rolleyes1

Getting sick of brokers trying to get out of presenting my offer on the ground of "it definitely won't pass ROFR".

1. ROFR is at best a major slow down, more likely, entirely closed
2. Even if they were open no one except Disney knows what price point they will or wont buy back, so if I'm willing to take the gamble then let me, and don't present it as a guaranteed eventuality when it's absolutely not.

Grrrr >:(
Just had the same email reply from a Broker on no way something would sell in that price range and would def get snagged by ROFR. Won't scare me off since I'm an informed buyer who knows ROFR isn't happening for the last month and for a while since Disney is in a "conserve cash" stance lol. Wasn't even a crazy lowball offer. Its a common price for an accepted offer right now thats on the front page of ROFR too lol

Last edited:
Just had the same email reply from a Broker on no way something would sell in that price range and would def get snagged by ROFR. Won't scare me off since I'm an informed buyer who knows ROFR isn't happening for the last month and for a while since Disney is in a "conserve cash" stance lol. Wasn't even a crazy lowball offer. Its a common price for an accepted offer right now thats on the front page of ROFR too lol
Is it also true that if I have 2 contracts at the same resort different use years they can be combined at 11 months?

Is it also true that if I have 2 contracts at the same resort different use years they can be combined at 11 months?
Yes, you can combine same resort at 11 months. But when they are different UY it is not simple and requires a transfer between the contracts or just booking 2 reservations and having them linked as a continuing reservation. My recommendation is to keep same UY if you want to combine the points. Different UYs is ideal if you want to use the contracts independently.

Yes, you can combine same resort at 11 months. But when they are different UY it is not simple and requires a transfer between the contracts or just booking 2 reservations and having them linked as a continuing reservation. My recommendation is to keep same UY if you want to combine the points. Different UYs is ideal if you want to use the contracts independently.
Seems like the broker was deceiving. They told me to ignore Use years if it was the same resort.

I don't think transfering points like u said is something to ignore use years for in my opinion.

Not without a transfer, Two UY is two different memberships...like you are two different owners,

If you transfer, you can’t book those points online. And you can only transfer current UY points, not banked. Transferred points can be banked,not borrowed,

Stay with same UY unless you have a specific reason not to

Seems like the broker was deceiving. They told me to ignore Use years if it was the same resort.

I don't think transfering points like u said is something to ignore use years for in my opinion.
Yea, that broker’s advice to ignore UYs should be ignored. Sounds like someone who either doesn’t know what they are talking about or just wants to make a sale and will give you poor advice in an effort to do that.

Yea, that broker’s advice to ignore UYs should be ignored. Sounds like someone who either doesn’t know what they are talking about or just wants to make a sale and will give you poor advice in an effort to do that.
My thoughts exactly.

That’s a long time! I usually hear fairly quickly, especially if it’s through the 2 big resell sites
Was this offer through one of the two big resell sites? Maybe they're changing up how they're doing things with that request you got to wait a week for a counter offer....

Ok so I put an offer in $17 below asking, with seller to pay closing. So yes it was an aggressive offer but the contract is completely stripped till 2022. Seller countered with $10 more than the original list price! Is this normal? Assume they did it because they were somehow offended by my offer and wanted to make it clear they didn't want to deal with me further, but why not just say no thanks and not counter?
I had a similar experience yesterday with a totally stripped SSR (no points until 2022) through one of the big sellers. They countered with $5 more than asking for $144 a point. I just laughed out loud when I heard that. Hard pass for me.

Last edited:
Was this offer through one of the two big resell sites? Maybe they're changing up how they're doing things with that request you got to wait a week for a counter offer....
It was, that was the sellers request though not the broker.

I think that the broker simply relayed the information from the owners, It doesn’t mean they advocated it but simply let the buyer know what was said,

Id bet the broker knew the buyer would walk away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter